Class of 2022 - QB Peter Delaportas (NJ) In the Portal from Boston College | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Peter Delaportas (NJ) In the Portal from Boston College

Michigan‘s problem is their qb’s all stink regardless of how many stars they have. No idea what harbaugh is doing. It’s been 4-5 years no? How many swings and whiffs can one man take? Isn’t qb play suppose to be his speciality?
Think only 1 has played that he's brought in, Shea Patterson, who was a transfer and never lived up to expectations. New OC last year too that was making the transition from a power O to a spread. Honestly think they would have been mediocre this year due to losing 4 OL to the NFL and would have started a QB with no experience. A lot of young talent and high end recruiting classes building though. He's won at a high level everywhere he's been, so I have no reason to think he's not going to do so. A lot of the Michigan fans are morons and think they are entitled to 10+ wins every year and talk about wanting to get rid of Harbaugh. Makes 0 sense. Team was irrelevant for about a decade and they are complaining about consistent top 10-15 teams.

0 issues recruiting...thought that's what we were discussing. I'm aware that he's gotten smoked in a few games against elite teams.

Think only 1 has played that he's brought in, Shea Patterson, who was a transfer and never lived up to expectations. New OC last year too that was making the transition from a power O to a spread. Honestly think they would have been mediocre this year due to losing 4 OL to the NFL and would have started a QB with no experience. A lot of young talent and high end recruiting classes building though. He's won at a high level everywhere he's been, so I have no reason to think he's not going to do so. A lot of the Michigan fans are morons and think they are entitled to 10+ wins every year and talk about wanting to get rid of Harbaugh. Makes 0 sense. Team was irrelevant for about a decade and they are complaining about consistent top 10-15 teams.
I follow UMich also and they have always been my second team. Time is ticking with Harbaugh and Im a fan of his. They beat all the teams they are suppose to beat but haven't looked great against teams of equal or more talent. Yes there are some positives but there's negatives too. Something good needs to happen soon. A OSU win will calm everyone down.

Last edited:
Ive follow UMich also and they have always been my second team. Time is ticking with Harbaugh and Im a fan of his. They beat all the teams they are suppose to beat but haven't looked great against teams of equal or more talent. Yes there are some positives but there's negatives too. Something good needs to happen soon. A OSU win will calm everyone down.
My 2nd team as well. I'm just not one of those people that forgets the recent past. Finishing 10th-15th is disappointing for sure but I still have very vivid memories of Rich Rod & Hoke. No thank you. There is no more sure thing coach out there then what Harbaugh is. Sure you can get an up and comer for half his salary but I'm not gambling on the 25% chance that guy does a better job. It's kind of like a JB situation. We aren't finishing as high on a yearly basis as what our resources and history says we should but no guarantee the next guy is getting us back there and a solid chance that we fall into a worse rut.

My 2nd team as well. I'm just not one of those people that forgets the recent past. Finishing 10th-15th is disappointing for sure but I still have very vivid memories of Rich Rod & Hoke. No thank you. There is no more sure thing coach out there then what Harbaugh is. Sure you can get an up and comer for half his salary but I'm not gambling on the 25% chance that guy does a better job. It's kind of like a JB situation. We aren't finishing as high on a yearly basis as what our resources and history says we should but no guarantee the next guy is getting us back there and a solid chance that we fall into a worse rut.
Bad hires. The thought of being a 7 or 8 win program isnt cool but at some point of time you want to put Michigan in position to compete for a Natty. There's a lot of concerned fans. Harbaugh is a good coach but UMich can get the best of the best. Just needs to be the right fit. No matter what you have to start beating OSU. Lloyd Carr knows that. Thats why Tressel was praised so much at OSU and John Cooper wasnt.

Last edited:
0 issues recruiting...thought that's what we were discussing. I'm aware that he's gotten smoked in a few games against elite teams.
I am saying his being on the hot seat and his advanced age might be starting to affect his ability to bring in players from New England. The B1G not playing this fall doesn't help matters either.

Maybe the services are wrong and the kids are just over rated.
I don't think that seems to be the issue because tons of guys are going to the pros so the high ranked kids are doing what they are supposed to for the most part. Just haven't been able to hit on a QB and had to give up on the idea that you could ground and pound your way into winning big games like he was able to do at Stanford. Both the NFL and College Football are essentially that stupidly simple, do you have a big time QB that can win games or not? Pretty similar to the issues the FL schools have run into.

Bad hires. The thought of being a 7 or 8 win program isnt cool but at some point of time you want to put Michigan in position to compete for a Natty. There's a lot of concerns fans. Harbaugh is a good coach but UMich can get the best of the best. Just needs to be the right fit. No matter what you have to start beating OSU. Lloyd Carr knows that. Thats why Tressel was praised so much at OSU and John Cooper wasnt.
But they aren't remotely a 7 or 8 win team. Harbaugh has been there for 5 years and has three 10 win seasons, a 9 and an 8. In the 7 years prior they had 1 season with more than 8 wins. He seems to have put the floor over what the ceiling was the prior decade. I think with Gattis and the current recruiting that they are going to be consistently in the top 10 if they hit on Joe Milton or JJ McCarthy instead of in the 10-15 range going forward. They caught a break this year in not playing as they likely would've topped out at 9 wins and got waxed by Ohio St again.

I am saying his being on the hot seat and his advanced age might be starting to affect his ability to bring in players from New England. The B1G not playing this fall doesn't help matters either.
It may in the future but certainly isn't currently. There are 4 high end recruits in MA/CT this year and 3 are committed so far and Michigan has all 3 and in the running for the 4th. The #1 MA kid in 2022 is committing tomorrow and going to be Michigan as well.

I don't think that seems to be the issue because tons of guys are going to the pros so the high ranked kids are doing what they are supposed to for the most part. Just haven't been able to hit on a QB and had to give up on the idea that you could ground and pound your way into winning big games like he was able to do at Stanford. Both the NFL and College Football are essentially that stupidly simple, do you have a big time QB that can win games or not? Pretty similar to the issues the FL schools have run into.

Right, not the QBs or the RBs, or the WRs...and if you look at the numbers the overwhelmingly majority of the draft picks are on defense. Michigan has been very good on defense. The O guys they bring in are all extremely highly rated. I remember when Tyrone Wheatley Jr was a 4-star player. Now he's at Stony Brook.

How many of their 4-stars from NJ bust? Many. A product of NJ kids being over-rated. hmmm.
Grant Newsome bust
Rashan Gary stud
Ahmir Mitchell bust
Ron Johnson bust
Brad Hawkins solid career switched from WR to Safety
Kareem Walker bust
Drew Singleton bust

Last edited:
Right, not the QBs or the RBs, or the WRs...and if you look at the numbers the overwhelmingly majority of the draft picks are on defense. Michigan has been very good on defense. The O guys they bring in are all extremely highly rated. I remember when Tyrone Wheatley Jr was a 4-star player. Now he's at Stony Brook.

How many of their 4-stars from NJ bust? Many. A product of NJ kids being over-rated. hmmm.
Grant Newsome bust
Rashan Gary stud
Ahmir Mitchell bust
Ron Johnson bust
Kareem Walker bust
Drew Singleton bust
And that is just NJ kids

Grant Newsome bust
Rashan Gary stud
Ahmir Mitchell bust
Ron Johnson bust
Kareem Walker bust
Drew Singleton bust
Is pretty weird how the NJ kids seem exceptionally rough. Though Jabril Peppers and Gary who were the 2 highest rated both ended up being 1st rd picks. Can use the Kentucky bball argument on them though that they were going to the NFL at any school so doesn't really show much. Their RBs have been really good, he's had a 10+ TD RB each season since year 2. The WR production is laughable though. 0 WRs have reached 800 yards through 5 years. A lot of TE production like he had at Stanford, but even the super high end WRs like Peoples-Jones and Tarik Black have very limited production despite being NFL caliber.

Think Nico Collins would have broke through this year but who knows, can only guess. I think Harbaugh realized after getting waxed by OSU in 2018 that the double TE ground and pound would always work against the teams they clearly had more talent then but wasn't going to get the job done against equal talent and where they needed to score 30+ to win. Somewhat impressed that he elected to adapt by bringing in Gattis from Alabama and moving to recruit speed over size the past 2 years as his persona would lead you to think that he would be a stubborn meathead and keep trying to win his way.

But they aren't remotely a 7 or 8 win team. Harbaugh has been there for 5 years and has three 10 win seasons, a 9 and an 8. In the 7 years prior they had 1 season with more than 8 wins. He seems to have put the floor over what the ceiling was the prior decade. I think with Gattis and the current recruiting that they are going to be consistently in the top 10 if they hit on Joe Milton or JJ McCarthy instead of in the 10-15 range going forward. They caught a break this year in not playing as they likely would've topped out at 9 wins and got waxed by Ohio St again.
You mentioned Hoke and Rich Rod that's why I mentioned getting away from being a 7/8 win program. I dont need to be sold on JM. 10 win seasons are better and that's what I expect from him but I want to see more. I want to see consistency in big games, bowl games, QB play, offensive team speed needs to improve. AT SOME POINT he has to take the next step. Every Michigan fan wants to beat Ohio st. That's not debatable.

You mentioned Hoke and Rich Rod that's why I mentioned getting away from being a 7/8 win program. I dont need to be sold on JM. 10 win seasons are better and that's what I expect from him but I want to see more. I want to see consistency in big games, bowl games, QB play, offensive team speed needs to improve. AT SOME POINT he has to take the next step. Every Michigan fan wants to beat Ohio st. That's not debatable.
Completely agree. The batch of WRs on the 19/20/21 classes look like they have more than enough speed to compete with the elite teams.

I thought he was done after this last season based on some scuttlebutt

Michigan is sorta floundering on that precipice of staying 9-10 wins or falling into the 6-8 win range yearly
It's NOT easy to Stay at the top GUYS...

Wonder if Beck would have any interest in this kid. I have no idea what style of QB he is.

Peter Delaportal is more like it.
Sarcastic George Costanza GIF

Wonder if Beck would have any interest in this kid. I have no idea what style of QB he is.
He was recruited to BC by Frank Cignetti, the new OC at Pitt. Not knowing anything about him, I make Pitt the favorite to get him.

Assuming they want him….

OFFERED> PETER DELAPORTAS 2022 IN PORTAL FROM BC / 4 YEARS OF ELIGIBILITY JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP HS, OAK RIDGE, NJ 6' 4" 210, PRO STYLE QB/
# 8

6E9002D8-204B-4C23-AF23-ECCD1568E87B-428x600.jpeg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

PRO - STYLE, CAN RUN WELL WHEN NECESSARY
GREAT ARM/TIGHT SPIRALS ON BOTH SHORT AND LONG THROWS
VERY ACCURATE/THROWS WELL INTO TIGHT WINDOWS
MOVES FEET WELL WAITING FOR TARGET TO GET FREE
PUTS BODY INTO EVERY THROW / GREAT NATURAL THROWING MOTION
CAN THROW IT 40 - 50 YDS ACCURATELY
IN FILM 95% OF THE TIME HAD GREAT PROTECTION FROM HIS OL
>> PERHAPS WITH LAMSON NOW IN THE PORTAL THEY"LL TAKE A CLOSER LOOK?<<

Two things that have always existed for Peter Delaportas are his cool demeanor and his big arm. Those two things helped the Jefferson senior quarterback navigate a host of challenges and helped him become one of Morris County's biggest football recruits.

It's been a whirlwind few months since Delaportas voiced his intentions to play for the Eagles in September 2020. He had also received Power Five offers from Kentucky, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

Delaportas completed 152 of 222 passes (68.4 percent) for 2,006 yards and 26 touchdowns with seven interceptions.

After the Falcons started the season 1-4, Delaportas got integrated into the offense, felt more comfortable and found his rhythm.

He threw three or more touchdowns in five of Jefferson's last six games, including in his dominating semifinal performance against Newton when he was 16 of 18 for 218 yards and three touchdowns and completed his last 15 passes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom