Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

Foot ball Offers from S. Alabama, Southern Miss, Tulane, Duke, Syracuse

Basketball offers from Missouri St, Samford, N. Alabama, Mt St Mary's.

Smart kid, great athlete, great size, alot to like here, very dungey-like.

He sees the field well and is usually good for a HS QB at progressing through his secondary options. Nice touch on the ball. Excellent athlete.

With the offense his HS team runs, there isn't much of an opportunity to throw hard passes into tight areas...the kind of thing that tends to wow evaluators. His arm looks strong but he throws so many touch passes it is hard to say for sure.

It is hard for a QB to look bad in a highlight tape like this. That said, he looks really good. I especially like how he keeps his head up and his eyes down the field when a play breaks down and he is flushed out of the pocket. As with Eric, this is when Riley is most dangerous.

What’s the status on some of the other QB’s we‘re recruiting (Nowell)?

My gut feeling: If we get him, we get him in the next few weeks. If we don't get him soon, he's looking around for more offers.
Agreed. The longer this drags on the more similar this will be to the Veilleux recruitment. Academics seem to be a priority, would be concerned if a lower tier SEC school like Vanderbilt gets involved.

I like him quite a bit too. But is he "the guy" right now?

Obviously we are talking to several QB recruits, but the staff definitely has a pecking order at the QB position. So my question is, is Leonard at the top of the board?

I like him quite a bit too. But is he "the guy" right now?

Obviously we are talking to several QB recruits, but the staff definitely has a pecking order at the QB position. So my question is, is Leonard at the top of the board?
My gut feeling is yes. Like others have said I hope he commits to SU before many more offers come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom