Class of 2016 - QB Sonny Abramson (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Sonny Abramson (NJ) Offered

Committed to UVA.
Thought we had a good chance here. If i was him i would have waited to see if London gets fired.

Wonder if the fact we might get Dungey had an impact plus Eduord is now part of the 2015 class, that's a lot of young talented competition, a lot less than Virginia.

Committed to UVA.
Thought we had a good chance here. If i was him i would have waited to see if London gets fired.

Probably petrified with what he saw during the NCST visit. Things definitely cooled quickly. Guess this happens when you have seasons like this.

Probably petrified with what he saw during the NCST visit. Things definitely cooled quickly. Guess this happens when you have seasons like this.
He's less afraid of London's anonymous replacement then he is of more Shafer!

yes just came up this weekend after a p5 team pulled his scholly

Do we really have a chance with Virgil? He has offers from 3-4 other SEC teams, Clemson, UCLA, etc.

There's interest by both parties. The kid is obviously in a hard spot. Here's the problem with all of those offers that he has. They were most likely given to him a while ago, and those schools already have QB commits that they're settled on. A lot of those aren't committable anymore. It will be interesting to see what happens with this kid. Because of him being an early enrolee, it's a very unique situation.

There's interest by both parties. The kid is obviously in a hard spot. Here's the problem with all of those offers that he has. They were most likely given to him a while ago, and those schools already have QB commits that they're settled on. A lot of those aren't committable anymore. It will be interesting to see what happens with this kid. Because of him being an early enrolee, it's a very unique situation.
Yes, I knew that, but there isn't a shot in hell he is going to come here with our mess. I am sure he is listening to everyone but we aren't the only ones who can make room for a 4 star QB - the most valuable commodity in CFB recruiting.

if we didn't have a chance or at least think we have a chance eric wouldn't be following him
Just because Eric thinks he has a shot does not mean we really have a realistic chance. It is not like everyone Eric follows we have a real shot at.

You seem pretty dead set on us not having a shot. Are you talking to someone that is heavily involved in the process or just guesstimating?

I hope we offer the guy and maybe he considers us. From what I saw on his tape, he has the kind of talent to start right out the box at Syracuse. Build an offense around his talent….who knows, maybe he buys what we are selling! Worth a shot!

Virginia: Head coach Mike London will return for the 2015 season, athletic director Craig Littlepage announced. London is 23-37 in five seasons, including 5-6 this year. In a statement, Littlepage said, "It was important to see improvement in our football program this season. I've seen signs of progress in many areas. Through the staff changes made over the last two years, we are better at teaching the game and in the overall development of the student-athletes.”

24--7 lists Larry Lewis as Sonny's recruiter. Wonder if Beatty has a relationship?