Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

CuseLegacy

vfVMfAZn_normal.jpeg
Anthony Brown @AnthonyBrown_2 · 46m 46 minutes ago
Recieved offer #2 from the Syracuse Orangemen
1f34a.png
#Cuse #BlessedAndHumble

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...nior-anthony-brown-the-shores-leading-passer/

Madei Williams, former Syracuse quarterback, who also played professionally overseas, has become a highly sought-after trainer of some of the top quarterbacks in New Jersey, including Brandon Wimbush, the top player in the state, Elijah Robinson, Mike Dare, Jordan Fuller, Anthony Brown, Wesley McKoy and Adeyemi Da Silva.
Williams, owner of MAD-QB Training, breaks down his pupils' strengths and weaknesses in this multi-part series with NJ Advance Media.
Today, Williams discussed Anthony Brown, a 6-3, 190-pound junior from St. John-Vianney (Holmdel, N.J.), who leads the shore in most passing categories over eight games this season.
He’s completed 102-of-149 passes (68.5%) for 1,565 yards and 18 TDs while also rushing for 499 yards and five TDs on 47 carries.
Up until this season, free safety was Brown’s primary position while he received spot duty at quarterback.
However, quarterback has always been his passion.
Hence, this season, he took the reins as his team’s starting signal caller, never looked back and has become one of the more intriguing football prospects in the Garden State.
“He’s one of those kids similar to Brandon (Wimbush), that is a guy who is a pass-first type of quarterback, who has the ability to extend plays and make things happen with his feet,” said Williams. “He’s just a naturally smooth and gifted athlete, but he’s patient enough to go through his full progression and let the play, play out.”
Williams continued to highlight Brown’s strengths, which apparently, are in abundance.
“The kid is silky smooth in his drop, his set-up. The ball jumps out of his hand,” he said. “And what’s even more impressive is the fact that his football IQ is so high. He’s a 3.5 (grade point average) student and the fact that he’s smart allows for the game to slow down for him.
“It’s slowed down to the point where he looked great from the first game and has progressively gotten better from game one to game eight. And I know coach (Mark) Ciccotelli is extremely excited to have him for another year.”
Brown encompasses many of the tangibles required to play quarterback at the highest level, and according to Williams, will have vast success, as he continues to make the most of his opportunities.
“I think he could turn into a BCS-level quarterback. I think he’s that talented,” said Williams. “Thing is, this is his opportunity to prove his worth and he’s doing a tremendous job of that. And he’s gaining a lot of momentum. He has one offer so far and there will be more on the way. And after this season, I think the secret will be out of the bag.”

Have to like his size and has a good arm. Another year and this kid probably blows up.

Qb recruiting will be real interesting this year. We've already missed out on the
few 2016 QBs we offered. The two jersey kids are out. This is #3. If AE shows up the point is mute

Yeah, so be quiet. Moot or mute, I chatted with Madei right around the time Wimbush verbaled to PSU. He said he had a few guys in mind he would look to send Cuse's way. Take that for what it's worth (PR for him and his guys) but he does post a fair amount of SU references to his Twitter account, and seems to be another big fan of Kevin Rogers. I think Bees has a new friend.

Yeah, so be quiet. Moot or mute, I chatted with Madei right around the time Wimbush verbaled to PSU. He said he had a few guys in mind he would look to send Cuse's way. Take that for what it's worth (PR for him and his guys) but he does post a fair amount of SU references to his Twitter account, and seems to be another big fan of Kevin Rogers. I think Bees has a new friend.

Lol- I blame posting from a phone. The auto correct butchers my grammar/spelling.

I don't post here a lot, but I watch tons of film on every single kid we recruit. In my opinion, this is one of the best films I have ever seen. Poise, feet, improvisation, accuracy, it factor. If this young man can control a huddle, and fix how low he brings the ball down on longer throws he will be very good. Film is more impressive than anyone we have here now. Reminds me of a former Texas longhorn. Yup I went there. I'd love to watch this kid play in the dome.

How about the fact that AJ Long is now also working with Madei Williams this offseason... This kid was the best recruiter for us in 2014.. Tea leaves...

I know nothing about evaluating prospects but I love how he keeps looking downfield when he moves around in the pocket. It seems like most HS QBs seem to just take off running when things break down.

Wasn't SU recruiting a WR out of SJV, or was that another school in this area?

I thought we already had a thread on this kid. He is one of Madei's kids.

I thought we already had a thread on this kid. He is one of Madei's kids.

Honest I used the search first... didn't find a thing. Remember talking about him.

I think this kid is a big reason we haven't been on the O' transfer kids.