Class of 2022 - QB Steve Angeli (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Steve Angeli (NJ) Offered

Tough to get a QB out of Bergen Catholic but if he wants to play in the best conditions in the Northeast, in the best conference in the Northeast, running the best scheme in the Northeast, the choice is an easy one.

Offers from Ohio St, Rutgers, PSU, BC, Michigan, Miami, GT, ODU, WVU, Nebraska, LSU, Michigan St, Northwestern, VT, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Pitt, UMD, Iowa, Syracuse

Kid has offers from pretty much the entire B1G, plus LSU, Oregon, and Stanford.
So - yeah. Odds seem a bit long.

/ cue posters whining about how we never offer guys with lots of P5 offers.
:rolleyes:

(Sees Notre Dame and Stanford)

*exits thread*
giphy.gif

Offers from Ohio St, Rutgers, PSU, BC, Michigan, Miami, GT, ODU, WVU, Nebraska, LSU, Michigan St, Northwestern, VT, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Pitt, UMD, Iowa, Syracuse

Wonder what took us so long.

I just don’t get the fascination with notre dame and penn state. It’s the most phony nonsense with the worst people in the world as fans and parents and alumni. I don’t get it

Very much cultism on both accounts BUT with both cults you have a lot of big money connections for life and diplomatic immunity to do whatever you please while on campus. If head coaches at both schools can get away with what they have over the years without criminal prosecution you'd have to do unspeakable things, with video evidence released, as a player to even be near touchable.

ND takes care of their graduates. The business reach is extremely strong. Long arms as the saying goes.
Agreed. That's one of Michigan's draw too.

I can't say for SU, but it doesn't seem that we are as prolific in placing athletes after graduation in strong firms and corporation's, in prolific roles.

Just take a quick perusal in LinkedIn of former athletes. Not saying it's all on the school - it's not - the individual needs to put in the work too.

Of course part of this is the program they pursue while on campus - something that some of the kids don't get as much a say in to keep them eligible.

IF the school is doing a good job placing kids after sports are done with, I don't know how well they have done selling it to prospects. You hear about future job opportunities from prospects when they talk about Stanford, ND, USC, Michigan - heck even UNC.

I don't really see too much of that when our kids are being recruited, unless they want to go to Newhouse or be a communication major.

I don't really see too much of that when our kids are being recruited, unless they want to go to Newhouse or be a communication major.
And there's like a kid of two a year who guys to Newhouse for undergrad. I TA'ed for a couple of walkons in Newhouse, and I know Culpepper was a Newhouse student. No one else is coming to mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom