Class of 2018 - QB Tadas Tatarunas (OH) Committed to Walsh University | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Tadas Tatarunas (OH) Committed to Walsh University

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't camp anywhere last year as he played AAU hoops, he's now 6'5" and just hitting the camps and recruiting scene. The previous QB (Trubinsky) at Mentor HS will be starting at UNC next season, it's a good large Public HS in Ohio. So far Mich St showing the most interest early in the process. He's scheduled to throw at a lot of College camps later this Spring including Penn St, Rutgers, Northwestern, Purdue , MSU and some others (probably Syracuse, Pitt and MAC schools in Ohio)

I'm from NJ, from Cedar Grove, hometown of guess who...Tommy DeVito. I was hoping DeVito would come to my alma mater, Rutgers, but alas, you guys lucked out. RU seemed to be placing in all their eggs in the Jonathan Lewis basket, I think RU making a mistake here. DeVito's OC is former RU QB Mike Teel (RU and Seahawks, also same HS as Gary Nova).

Some articles call him a Pro Style, I think that's a mistake as his HS offense is 100% Spread, watch the Hudl link below, he sees the field well and picks out the Open receiver.

Now my nephew, Tadas T, seems to be having a great visit, and although he's throwing at RU later in June, his home in Ohio is 8-9 hours away. Syracuse is about 3 hours away. At this point he has no offers but I expect that to change soon. I'm hoping my nephew comes to RU, we'll see what happens. You guys probably have a 2-3 year starter with DeVito.
Good luck to all.

PS- I tried linking some Hudl tape and an article from another site which named TT one of Ohio's top 2018 QBs but your site would not permit it. No big deal.

He didn't camp anywhere last year as he played AAU hoops, he's now 6'5" and just hitting the camps and recruiting scene. The previous QB (Trubinsky) at Mentor HS will be starting at UNC next season, it's a good large Public HS in Ohio. So far Mich St showing the most interest early in the process. He's scheduled to throw at a lot of College camps later this Spring including Penn St, Rutgers, Northwestern, Purdue , MSU and some others (probably Syracuse, Pitt and MAC schools in Ohio)

I'm from NJ, from Cedar Grove, hometown of guess who...Tommy DeVito. I was hoping DeVito would come to my alma mater, Rutgers, but alas, you guys lucked out. RU seemed to be placing in all their eggs in the Jonathan Lewis basket, I think RU making a mistake here. DeVito's OC is former RU QB Mike Teel (RU and Seahawks, also same HS as Gary Nova).

Some articles call him a Pro Style, I think that's a mistake as his HS offense is 100% Spread, watch the Hudl link below, he sees the field well and picks out the Open receiver.

Now my nephew, Tadas T, seems to be having a great visit, and although he's throwing at RU later in June, his home in Ohio is 8-9 hours away. Syracuse is about 3 hours away. At this point he has no offers but I expect that to change soon. I'm hoping my nephew comes to RU, we'll see what happens. You guys probably have a 2-3 year starter with DeVito.
Good luck to all.

PS- I tried linking some Hudl tape and an article from another site which named TT one of Ohio's top 2018 QBs but your site would not permit it. No big deal.

Welcome, thanks for posting.

Just a fyi..any info that comes from a pay site that is not a free article can not be posted on here.

I know its way early but I couldn't help from taking another look at this kids highlights. All I can say it this kid is the real deal. I remember last year so many of us were so hot on that 4* kid that was transferring from out west and we all wanted so bad. (can't think of his name) But my point is, that kid was fantastic and could make all the throws along with a fairly strong are. Now after watching these highlights of Tadas, he is all of that other recruit and he is making every throw, even the back shoulder throw along with a fairly strong arm.. I really like this kid and I believe from his visit he likes us also. Like I said I know its early but I would be sending him a thank you card for his visit every week to show we want him. And give him his first offer, to some that means a lot. I am sure the staff is watching this kid and I was j/k about send ty letter every week. But I just couldn't get enough of this kid talent on the football field and want you to check them out again or if you didn't before. Sorry for venting so much here, just so exciting to see that kind of talent big on SU. jmo

TT will be throwing for Syracuse at their camp the date being sometime around June 19-21, I forget the exact date.
Date Registration Deadline Check-In Hours Camp Hours
Sunday, June 12 Thursday, June 9 at noon 11 a.m. to noon noon to 3 p.m.
Saturday, June 18 Thursday, June 16 at noon 11 a.m. to noon noon to 3 p.m.
Sunday, June 19 Thursday, June 16 at noon 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday, June 23 Tuesday, June 21 at noon 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

I really hope HCDB offers this kid on the spot. I was hoping we would be his first and stick with him. This kid is going to be special. He is already I think 6'-5" and around 210 lbs. I loved his size for a QB. I was just so enthralled by the way he handled his self and his comments,
"The coaches were unbelievable and I loved everything here! And thanks for making me feel at home. I think we have a real good connection with coach Kaufman and TT.:rolleyes:

Tadas has left NJ and on his way North to Syracuse. At the RU camp (there were 10 colleges besides RU including Navy, Lehigh, Princeton, mostly D2 teams) they had the QBs throw a ton of reps. His arm looked very strong yesterday, hoping it's 100 % for the Noon camp today. I think RU is looking more for the Dual threat (running/throwing) type of QB as shown in their 2016 and 2017 choices (Oden and Jonathan Lewis). His family hadn't visited NJ and NYC in many years so that was a big reason for camping at RU. They are very aware of they type of QBs they chose recently, but figured every camp helps in the development . I'm hoping he has a great day at Syracuse .
And who found his dad's Facebook post above !! That's my brother in the pic with him, lol.

Tadas has left NJ and on his way North to Syracuse. At the RU camp (there were 10 colleges besides RU including Navy, Lehigh, Princeton, mostly D2 teams) they had the QBs throw a ton of reps. His arm looked very strong yesterday, hoping it's 100 % for the Noon camp today. I think RU is looking more for the Dual threat (running/throwing) type of QB as shown in their 2016 and 2017 choices (Oden and Jonathan Lewis). His family hadn't visited NJ and NYC in many years so that was a big reason for camping at RU. They are very aware of they type of QBs they chose recently, but figured every camp helps in the development . I'm hoping he has a great day at Syracuse .
And who found his dad's Facebook post above !! That's my brother in the pic with him, lol.
Actually that is a tweet of your brothers on twitter. And I confess I am following him on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom