Class of 2018 - QB Tadas Tatarunas (OH) Committed to Walsh University | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Tadas Tatarunas (OH) Committed to Walsh University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly my talent evaluation skills in football are lacking, but he intrigues me the most out of our QB options entirely because his name is great.
He intrigues me because that is an area of OH that plays a high level of competition. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the pwo. When I live in that area all the kids wanted to go to OSU.

He intrigues me because that is an area of OH that plays a high level of competition. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the pwo. live in that area all the kids wanted to go to OSU.
I am still hoping on this kid. I like him a lot better than QB Steven Krajewski, just my preference.

I am still hoping on this kid. I like him a lot better than QB Steven Krajewski, just my preference.

Tadas loved his visits to Syracuse and thought he hit off well w HC Babers, the early part of 2016 Mentor wound up playing early what wound up being the 2 best Ohio HS teams in St Ignatious, and St Xavier, and Mentor was playing from behind both games, Syracuse seemed to lose interest after that first month. Tatarunas still wound up with a good season, 23 TDs, 2300 yards against some of the best Ohio HS's. Mentor is a very big public school that produced Mitch Trubisky, Joe Jurevicius, and many other D1 football stars.

IMO, Tatarunas would love to Syracuse staff to come watch him this season, he has appox 8 or 9 TDs in his first 2 scrimmages this summer, 1 against Massillon Jackson, a strong team.

OSU PWO offer is attractive for an Ohio kid, but getting a full ride is still important for most families. He has some offers from Robert Morris, and interest from many MAC and Patriot League teams.

His Mentor team looks poised to have a big year, and Tatarunas will wind up with big numbers again. Seems that Pro Style QBs, even from a Spread offense, no matter how good their arm, size, and QB IQ is, are not valued as highly as they used to be if they aren't a dual threat. The game has changed.

Last edited:
Wish we would offer, but I'll trust the staff. I'll leave it at that, as much as I want to ramble on.

They know what they're looking for.

One of the Syracuse GA's is a Mentor alum/QB- Bart Tanski (good QB at Bowling Green). Tatarunas will be passing him in the record book for TDs this season, and approach Trubisky's record.
Apparently Syracuse let the Mentor folks know they will be looking at his first 4 games closely, as Mentor plays some very tough competition in their first few games- Massillon (Washington), and St Ignatious. Mentor is ranked around #20 in Ohio. They've been crushing teams in scrimmages.

Tape from recent scrimmages:

Jackson

Last edited:
They know what they're looking for.

No doubt. I have all the faith possible in this staff. It feels nice to say that.

Think Tadas is gonna be really good. Plenty of time, as the post above indicates to watch him more, and see if he fits. How can you go wrong with that name, though?

This morning Mentor scrimmaged Cathedral HS of Erie, Pa. They are the defending Penn HS champs, w 5 D1 players this year (QB to Ohio, LB to ND, C to Penn St, CB to Iowa,etc). Mentor won 21-14, w Tadas Tatarunas leading them with 2 TD passes and a ton of completions. He did have 1 pick. I should have highlights later tonight if anyone interested. Heard Tadas outplayed the other QB who is going to Ohio U (MAC). Hoping Syracuse looks a lot further next Friday night when Mentor travels to the Cradle of HS Football, Massillon, Ohio, to play in a very hostile stadium, against another very good team.

If he had a bit more zip on his ball then he would have offers galore. Only thing I can see. Mechanics are a bit off, but not that badly. He will get picked off at the next level. At this point.

Kid has a quick release, good accuracy, and seems to have solid instincts reading the D.

His issues can be fixed with time. I know the staff has their priorities, but would love to see him fall into our lap. Perfect kid to be here for 5 years, and develop him. He just seems fit for our offense. Few tweaks, here and there. Anyway, he will end up somewhere in the P5.

If he had a bit more zip on his ball then he would have offers galore. Only thing I can see. Mechanics are a bit off, but not that badly. He will get picked off at the next level. At this point.

Kid has a quick release, good accuracy, and seems to have solid instincts reading the D.

His issues can be fixed with time. I know the staff has their priorities, but would love to see him fall into our lap. Perfect kid to be here for 5 years, and develop him. He just seems fit for our offense. Few tweaks, here and there. Anyway, he will end up somewhere in the P5.
I had said the same thing since the the first time I saw his highlights. I would like to see us pick him up also. Plenty of time to work with.

Big Non Conference game this past weekend for Mentor and Tatarunas vs the #1 team in the Midwest St Ignatious (Ohio). Close game, a couple of controversial calls, St Ig put a ton of pressure on the Mentor offense and QB Tatarunas. He still wound up with 4 TDs (3 throwing, 1 running), but he had to scramble a lot. Not sure of Syracuse's interest at this point.

Some Highlights (Tataruanas #12, in Red) :

Big Non Conference game this past weekend for Mentor and Tatarunas vs the #1 team in the Midwest St Ignatious (Ohio). Close game, a couple of controversial calls, St Ig put a ton of pressure on the Mentor offense and QB Tatarunas. He still wound up with 4 TDs (3 throwing, 1 running), but he had to scramble a lot. Not sure of Syracuse's interest at this point.

Some Highlights (Tataruanas #12, in Red) :

Thanks for the video link. Still baffled why he hasn't been offered. He throws off his back foot too much, but such simple fixes. I know the staff has it on lock, so not worried, but...yeah. I'd sign him up, and call it a day.

Did Syracuse get a 2018 QB commit yet ? Tadas Tatarunas having a heck of a year for Mentor HS in Ohio. They are 6-1 and won a dramatic game Fri night against a good Solon team. Trailing by 10 with about 3 minutes to go, Tatarunas engineered a stunning comeback, w 1 minute to go and down 4, Mentor drove 80 yards thru the air for a dramatic win. He is among OHIO QB leaders with about 20 TD passing ( 6 picks), 5 TDs running, and about 2,000 yards passing (7 games). More interest as of late from D1 schools, a Preferred Walk on from Ohio St, and some full schollie offers from FCS schools.
Syracuse seemed on verge of an offer at one point late last season, but I'm thinking they want more of a dual threat. Tatarunas running well this season, but not a Dungey type.
Would love to see him w the Orange, as then I would have a kid from my home town there (DeVit0- Cedar Grove), and my nephew as well.
Highlights from this week:

Did Syracuse get a 2018 QB commit yet ? Tadas Tatarunas having a heck of a year for Mentor HS in Ohio. They are 6-1 and won a dramatic game Fri night against a good Solon team. Trailing by 10 with about 3 minutes to go, Tatarunas engineered a stunning comeback, w 1 minute to go and down 4, Mentor drove 80 yards thru the air for a dramatic win. He is among OHIO QB leaders with about 20 TD passing ( 6 picks), 5 TDs running, and about 2,000 yards passing (7 games). More interest as of late from D1 schools, a Preferred Walk on from Ohio St, and some full schollie offers from FCS schools.
Syracuse seemed on verge of an offer at one point late last season, but I'm thinking they want more of a dual threat. Tatarunas running well this season, but not a Dungey type.
Would love to see him w the Orange, as then I would have a kid from my home town there (DeVit0- Cedar Grove), and my nephew as well.
Highlights from this week:

Hey Mike, you know how I feel about him. I like him a lot. Wish he had more foot but oh well. The kid can make every throw . I wish the kid well no matter happens but I like so much about this kid.

Thanks again for chiming in. As a NE OH resident, I'm aware of the good competition he plays regularly. Any MAC offers as QB? Guys are coming out of the MAC everywhere and producing in the NFL.

Mark Porter , linked above, has a great blog about recruiting and how the pay recruitment sites and camps like Rivals, Scout, Espn etc are pretty much scams. Kids need to get in front of college coaches as they make their own evaluations.

Tadas led his Mentor team from behind once again, beating a terrific Euclid 63-59 for the conference championship. He had 4 TDS and about 450 yards . He is closing in on Mitch Trubisky’s records after passing Tanski’s records.
He was also named to the Mr Ohio Watch list.

Mark Porter , linked above, has a great blog about recruiting and how the pay recruitment sites and camps like Rivals, Scout, Espn etc are pretty much scams. Kids need to get in front of college coaches as they make their own evaluations.

Tadas led his Mentor team from behind once again, beating a terrific Euclid 63-59 for the conference championship. He had 4 TDS and about 450 yards . He is closing in on Mitch Trubisky’s records after passing Tanski’s records.
He was also named to the Mr Ohio Watch list.
Hey Mike, any video highlights available, which I'm sure there are a lot? lol

@rackman- what? you don't like hudl video? lol, ok , I won't post any this time. Anyway hearing that although Tatarunas is not on top of the Syracuse 2018 board, he is in fact on it and still being considered. He is having a terrific season, going into tomorrow's huge 2nd round playoff game against #2 in Ohio St Edwards. In late Oct he led Mentor twice w last possession comebacks , going 90 yards w 2 min to go, to beat some very good teams to win the Conference. He was named 1st team All GCC QB. In a conference of large, very good teams.

"All-Star Senior QB Tadas Tatarunas, has had an incredible career at Mentor and has picked up a lot big wins including a 63-56 win over St. Ignatius in 2015 as a sophomore.
Tatarunas has thrown for over 8,000 yards, 80 touchdowns, and is accountable for over 8,500 total offensive yards in his three years as the starting QB at Mentor. Oh and he's having his best year yet in 2017. Tadas has passed for 2,766 yards, 28 touchdowns and 10 interceptions having the highest QB rating of his career with a 107.5 after many brilliant performances."

ohiohsdivision1football.com/blog/6-mentor-tatarunas-poised-to-make-deep-playoff-run

@rackman- what? you don't like hudl video? lol, ok , I won't post any this time. Anyway hearing that although Tatarunas is not on top of the Syracuse 2018 board, he is in fact on it and still being considered. He is having a terrific season, going into tomorrow's huge 2nd round playoff game against #2 in Ohio St Edwards. In late Oct he led Mentor twice w last possession comebacks , going 90 yards w 2 min to go, to beat some very good teams to win the Conference. He was named 1st team All GCC QB. In a conference of large, very good teams.

"All-Star Senior QB Tadas Tatarunas, has had an incredible career at Mentor and has picked up a lot big wins including a 63-56 win over St. Ignatius in 2015 as a sophomore.
Tatarunas has thrown for over 8,000 yards, 80 touchdowns, and is accountable for over 8,500 total offensive yards in his three years as the starting QB at Mentor. Oh and he's having his best year yet in 2017. Tadas has passed for 2,766 yards, 28 touchdowns and 10 interceptions having the highest QB rating of his career with a 107.5 after many brilliant performances."

ohiohsdivision1football.com/blog/6-mentor-tatarunas-poised-to-make-deep-playoff-run
Other than you Mike, I think I'm Tadas biggest fan...Keep the news and updates coming. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom