1. The recent Security Certificate Warning issue appears to be limited to those using Internet Explorer. If you are having the same problem reported by a few others, try switching to a different browser.

Only a 1/2 dozen people have contacted me, so I'm assuming the problem isn't widespread. But PLEASE contact me if you continue to have a problem.

I believe I can help, but I need your username. If you have not registered, and continue to have the problem - contact me asap.

(You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X at the top right of this box)

tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Class of 2018 QB Tadas Tatarunas (OH) visited 4/30

Discussion in 'Football Recruiting Forum' started by Whitey23, Apr 30, 2016.

1. OttoinGrotto

OttoinGrotto 2016 Iggy Winner

Clearly my talent evaluation skills in football are lacking, but he intrigues me the most out of our QB options entirely because his name is great.

CuseLegacy likes this.
  2. CuseLegacy

CuseLegacy Twitter Wizard Staff Member

He intrigues me because that is an area of OH that plays a high level of competition. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the pwo. When I live in that area all the kids wanted to go to OSU.

Ish88888, SoBeCuse and MSOrange like this.
  3. rackman18

rackman18 Starter

I am still hoping on this kid. I like him a lot better than QB Steven Krajewski, just my preference.

4. MikeA

MikeA Walk On

Tadas loved his visits to Syracuse and thought he hit off well w HC Babers, the early part of 2016 Mentor wound up playing early what wound up being the 2 best Ohio HS teams in St Ignatious, and St Xavier, and Mentor was playing from behind both games, Syracuse seemed to lose interest after that first month. Tatarunas still wound up with a good season, 23 TDs, 2300 yards against some of the best Ohio HS's. Mentor is a very big public school that produced Mitch Trubisky, Joe Jurevicius, and many other D1 football stars.

IMO, Tatarunas would love to Syracuse staff to come watch him this season, he has appox 8 or 9 TDs in his first 2 scrimmages this summer, 1 against Massillon Jackson, a strong team.

OSU PWO offer is attractive for an Ohio kid, but getting a full ride is still important for most families. He has some offers from Robert Morris, and interest from many MAC and Patriot League teams.

His Mentor team looks poised to have a big year, and Tatarunas will wind up with big numbers again. Seems that Pro Style QBs, even from a Spread offense, no matter how good their arm, size, and QB IQ is, are not valued as highly as they used to be if they aren't a dual threat. The game has changed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. JLine

JLine Starter

Wish we would offer, but I'll trust the staff. I'll leave it at that, as much as I want to ramble on.

rackman18 likes this.
  6. bnoro

bnoro Hall of Fame

They know what they're looking for.

7. MikeA

MikeA Walk On

One of the Syracuse GA's is a Mentor alum/QB- Bart Tanski (good QB at Bowling Green). Tatarunas will be passing him in the record book for TDs this season, and approach Trubisky's record.
    Apparently Syracuse let the Mentor folks know they will be looking at his first 4 games closely, as Mentor plays some very tough competition in their first few games- Massillon (Washington), and St Ignatious. Mentor is ranked around #20 in Ohio. They've been crushing teams in scrimmages.

Tape from recent scrimmages:

Jackson

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  8. JLine

JLine Starter

No doubt. I have all the faith possible in this staff. It feels nice to say that.

Think Tadas is gonna be really good. Plenty of time, as the post above indicates to watch him more, and see if he fits. How can you go wrong with that name, though?

MikeA likes this.
  9. CuseLegacy

CuseLegacy Twitter Wizard Staff Member

10. MikeA

MikeA Walk On

This morning Mentor scrimmaged Cathedral HS of Erie, Pa. They are the defending Penn HS champs, w 5 D1 players this year (QB to Ohio, LB to ND, C to Penn St, CB to Iowa,etc). Mentor won 21-14, w Tadas Tatarunas leading them with 2 TD passes and a ton of completions. He did have 1 pick. I should have highlights later tonight if anyone interested. Heard Tadas outplayed the other QB who is going to Ohio U (MAC). Hoping Syracuse looks a lot further next Friday night when Mentor travels to the Cradle of HS Football, Massillon, Ohio, to play in a very hostile stadium, against another very good team.

texascpa, rackman18, Qbobby and 5 others like this.
  11. MikeA

MikeA Walk On

Hudl video from the Mentor v Cathedral Prep (Erie) scrimmage. CP has 7D1 players.

ArchDuke likes this.