Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he really get upgraded to a 4 star the day he committed to Miami?
I believe the composite rates him 4 stars. TOS is the only site to not rate him 4 stars and they have him a 87

Checked the rank history, he jumped 146 spots today. Which site automatically ranked him higher?
Probably ESPN. They have him as the 3rd best PRO QB.

Anyways I will watch his future recruitment with niether hope nor negativity.

Probably ESPN. They have him as the 3rd best PRO QB.

Anyways I will watch his future recruitment with niether hope nor negativity.

It was ESPN. He's been a 4 star at Rivals for a while.

Yes, because getting upset will change nothing. The recruit doesn't have any clue who you are, and could not care less about what you want.
I mentioned it earlier, but I'll say it again. We have a long way to go before we can expect to beat Miami for recruits. We'll get a few here and there, but when a kid has NFL aspirations...sorry...he's likely picking the school that has had 22 players drafted in 4 years, to our 3 players drafted in 4 years. Our 3 were 7th round picks, and 1 was a punter.
One 10-3 season does not change the perception of recruits much. String together 3 or 4 8+ win seasons, and we'll start beating Miami for more recruits, but we will never out recruit them.
Let anyone feel what ever they want to feel. We all have differing levels of interest and emotional connection to the team and recruiting. Its ok that someone feels emotionally to losing a top level recruit just like its ok for you to feel nothing to losing that recruit. We don't lecture you on how to feel.

Let anyone feel what ever they want to feel. We all have differing levels of interest and emotional connection to the team and recruiting. Its ok that someone feels emotionally to losing a top level recruit just like its ok for you to feel nothing to losing that recruit. We don't lecture you on how to feel.
That's why there is an ignore button on here. If any of you don't like what other posters have to say you can put them on ignore.

And some of it just depends if a kid attends their camps.
Thanks. Got it.
Rivals/ESPN= Actual grade +(((camp attendance * 4)+ (blue Chip +5) /2) - (nonbluechip - 5))) * ((subscribers of school on payside - # of subscribers for the #15 team) * .002) = Final Grade.

Nothing against Mr Van Dyke, he's a good player -good for him.

If Dino ever leaves here, I think the top reason will be that he doesn't think he can recruit the kind of talent to make Syracuse into a consistent big time winner.

HUH?? :confused:

Dino has recruited, amongst others:
TWO Frosh ALL AMERICANS
An Elite 11 QB
Several other 4* players

In the last 2 years, we've beaten Clemson, and then taken them to the limit in their own house, the only team to even give them a game last year. And just this past season were just ONE 4th quarter play (with TWO separate chances) away from beating them again.
And the Pitt kicker had a record-setting, out of body experience for them to even get to OT, or else we might have been at 11-1, playing in the ACC.

THAT is how close Syracuse was to being a big time winner, and that is WITHOUT having really starting to kill it on the recruiting trail.

Yet. :cool:

Once that starts happening (and it did towards the end of this last class), then the Consistently Good part kicks in.

We've had a lot of great players and will continue to attract talented kids. However, there are lots of options for the best players and they choose based on their priorities and not ours. Best wishes to the coaches in putting together a solid group of kids, but I'll wait to get too excited until we see who actually signs. We have enough insiders and analysts that post here to give us good information, and its been nice to follow Van Dyke's recruitment, but in the end I'll be cheering for the QB' s that choose to play for Dino not Miami. LGO!!

F0351DE2-748D-48DC-B0FD-F237A6C67FF2.gif

HUH?? :confused:

Dino has recruited, amongst others:
TWO Frosh ALL AMERICANS
An Elite 11 QB
Several other 4* players

In the last 2 years, we've beaten Clemson, and then taken them to the limit in their own house, the only team to even give them a game last year. And just this past season were just ONE 4th quarter play (with TWO separate chances) away from beating them again.
And the Pitt kicker had a record-setting, out of body experience for them to even get to OT, or else we might have been at 11-1, playing in the ACC.

THAT is how close Syracuse was to being a big time winner, and that is WITHOUT having really starting to kill it on the recruiting trail.

Yet. :cool:

Once that starts happening (and it did towards the end of this last class), then the Consistently Good part kicks in.

Not going to continue it further then this then where is the translation from end of last class to this class?

What a quick change of events. Just a week and a half ago we were picking up crystal balls. I wonder what changed. Just a guess but maybe his offer to Miami wasn't commitable before yesterday

We already have a red headed QB on the team. Two would be too many. Moving on...

8F8D76F3-687C-416B-A275-0F9BFEA0252D.gif

Ok that drink relaxed me...Yeah certainly disappointing, wish the kid well and moving on. Last thing I am worried about is QB. HCDFB will get a guy and there will be plenty of time to flip. It’s April, a lonnnnggggggg way to go. All good.

I too hope we get him. And I will lose sleep over it. We are right there for a top recruit.
I guess I'm more emotionally attached to the recruiting process of getting top players for SU.
I was a McQuarrie fan. Thought his video was the most impressive of all our targets but I'm not as plugged in to the recruiting as guys like you and Bnoro. Just logged in and saw he committed this afternoon to Miami. Sorry man. I will say that I'm not as concerned just because Dino's system can take really average QB's and make them in to superstars. Matt Johnson at BG is a good example of that. What do you think of the Maryland transfer and the PWO they just picked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom