Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked the rank history, he jumped 146 spots today. Which site automatically ranked him higher?
ESPN ranked him after he committed, he jumped up to the #3 PP in the country according to them. Would love to see where they put him if he committed to us ..

This one is BRUTAL. Genuinely upset about losing him to Miami. We'd be lucky to get one Suffield guy now. No chance at Dottin anymore. This kid was way better than his ranking too.

This is not a Nunn situation, time to look elsewhere.

I bet HCDB doesn't feel that way. I bet he will be working it until NLI day.

Reactions: gbo
This one is BRUTAL. Genuinely upset about losing him to Miami. We'd be lucky to get one Suffield guy now. No chance at Dottin anymore. This kid was way better than his ranking too.

This is not a Nunn situation, time to look elsewhere.
What happened?

Where is everyone telling Bnoro that there isn’t any reason to get upset about a recruit and that we will flip him from Miami?
Huh? I’m pissed. This feels like a classic ND or Pedophile State flip. Sick of it. At some point we need to sign one of these kids.

Also, I get he never was committed here and that when you go after players of this caliber you are going to lose some. However, we don’t have 10 of these guys interested where we can afford to lose 1-2 each cycle. We’re lucky to even get interest in 1-2 and for that reason we have to close.

Last edited:
Look, this happens to every school. Oklahoma lost one to Alabama yesterday, Drew Sanders flipped after being a verbal to Oklahoma for a while. Syracuse will continue to pursue Van Dyke and will also be in the next best/better man up mode too. Still a lot of time between now and the early signing date. Go Orange!!!!!!!

Where is everyone telling Bnoro that there isn’t any reason to get upset about a recruit and that we will flip him from Miami?
The bnoro reaction has more to do with probably now losing out on all three kids from Suffield. Although I think Dottin was a long shot already. You win some and you lose some with recruiting. But there is always another prospect out there to fill the need.

Look, this happens to every school. Oklahoma lost one to Alabama yesterday, Drew Sanders flipped after being a verbal to Oklahoma for a while. Syracuse will continue to pursue Van Dyke and will also be in the next best/better man up mode too. Still a lot of time between now and the early signing date. Go Orange!!
That is not a comparison. Oklahoma has 10 of those guys lined up just as good in the event they lose one. Next 4 star up for them.

Not the same at Syracuse. We get 1-2 shots a year at these type of kids and if we miss that’s likely it for the cycle.

It's ok to be upset bu do you have anything constructive to add to being upset? Any ideas how we can improve? Do you want staff changes? Being upset is fine, but acting like Nancy Kerrigan after she got clubbed in the knee doesn't do much good.

It's ok to be upset bu do you have anything constructive to add to being upset? Any ideas how we can improve? Do you want staff changes? Being upset is fine, but acting like Nancy Kerrigan after she got clubbed in the knee doesn't do much good.
I wont act like i know much about recruiting pitches but it seems like miami was able to convince him to come for a visit during his baseball season yet we couldnt.

That is not a comparison. Oklahoma has 10 of those guys lined up just as good in the event they lose one. Next 4 star up for them.

Not the same at Syracuse. We get 1-2 shots a year at these type of kids and if we miss that’s likely it for the cycle.
You are correct. Losing a young man of this caliber hurts and I do realize that Oklahoma or any of the other "elite" programs can afford to lose a recruit because they have so many more lined up. The danger for this young man is that he may get recruited over at Miami and that probably would not happen at Syracuse.

You are correct. Losing a young man of this caliber hurts and I do realize that Oklahoma or any of the other "elite" programs can afford to lose a recruit because they have so many more lined up. The danger for this young man is that he may get recruited over at Miami and that probably would not happen at Syracuse.
I’ll also add that the while I do not know the circumstances of Dungey’s prospects as a pro, it is not a good look when an inferior QB like McSorley gets drafted and ED does not. I am sure their are reasons but that meathead father/son duo from Ped State are not as good as ED was. It’s not close.

I think this upcoming season will change some minds. Syracuse will have a great season and it will turn a lot of heads. If not Van Dykes’ it will be someone that is very comparable. I get upset too when we don’t land the recruits we really want, but we are so far from signing day that anything is possible.

I bet HCDB doesn't feel that way. I bet he will be working it until NLI day.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you work. I'll take bnoro's word for it, not your guess.

I don't know what Miami's 2020 QB depth chart is shaping up, but I'd be willing to bet that one of Diaz's main sales pitch arguments was that Van Dyke would have to sit behind Devito for 2 years.

The bnoro reaction has more to do with probably now losing out on all three kids from Suffield. Although I think Dottin was a long shot already. You win some and you lose some with recruiting. But there is always another prospect out there to fill the need.

Not always. Losing Michael Vick probably set us back for a decade.

Losing out to him is definitely a stinger. We put alot of work into him. We do have time to evaluate other kids. I'm sure the staff will keep tabs on TVD but will go all out on other prospects they like. I would love to land the Veilleux kid for 2021.

If we don't get a legitimate 2020 kid then '21 is absurdly vital to our future. We have nothing to show for the '18 QB class, went B/C list in '19 and now lost our top option in '20. If Summers doesn't turn into something than we are going to be living like we did from 2016-2018 where we are 1 injury away from disaster.

i'm sure we'll land the worse of the 3.

I don't know what Miami's 2020 QB depth chart is shaping up, but I'd be willing to bet that one of Diaz's main sales pitch arguments was that Van Dyke would have to sit behind Devito for 2 years.

They are younger and more stocked than us so far as scholarship QB's (2 Redshirt Soph. and RS Frosh.) and just added another Redshirt Soph. Tate Martell (former 5-star recruit) via transfer so their depth chart was more crowded than ours currently. Can't see how it was a selling point based upon the numbers although coaches can spin things any way they want to get a commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom