Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Verbal to Miami

PhatOrange

Living Legend
The brewing dumpster fire in Coral Gables will hopefully dissuade him.

Mark my words, there will be a legitimate The U Dumpster Fire thread by the end of 2019 and I will head it.

Diaz is a great recruiter but I feel it in the air, calling my shot.
Agree

Rocco

Living Legend
Going to guess the staff has completely moved on. Wish this kid the best, but he turned down a chance to be a legitimate 2-3 year starter at a school close to home that would allow him to throw for over 4,000 yards/yr and get some serious exposure. Some decisions look silly in hindsight. He got Diaz'd.

The U is a cesspool.

djorange1989

All American
Going to guess the staff has completely moved on. Wish this kid the best, but he turned down a chance to be a legitimate 2-3 year starter at a school close to home that would allow him to throw for over 4,000 yards/yr and get some serious exposure. Some decisions look silly in hindsight. He got Diaz'd.

The U is a cesspool.
Agree I am sure the secret trip and quick commitment to the cesspool closed the door as far as Dino is concerned

TheCusian

Living Legend
Lots of QB's chasing "NFL system" when the hottest young NFL QB's played in a system like ours in the Big 12. TD will kill it this year and next and then get drafted, IMO.

Sleep on the perfect dome conditions and an Offensive minded coach in favor of a D coordinator and the honeytrap that is the U if you want

supp

All American
Lots of QB's chasing "NFL system" when the hottest young NFL QB's played in a system like ours in the Big 12. TD will kill it this year and next and then get drafted, IMO.

Sleep on the perfect dome conditions and an Offensive minded coach in favor of a D coordinator and the honeytrap that is the U if you want
Even before Miami got involved, there was something off here. He had all these offers and BC was the leader? Does he also plan to play baseball?

supp

All American

The U is a cesspool.
Strategically, hiring Enos as OC was smart for recruiting. He's coming off tutoring Tua at Alabama. It would be hard for some recruits to pass that opportunity up. We'll see if Enos pays off on the sidelines.

rackman18

All Conference
Agree I am sure the secret trip and quick commitment to the cesspool closed the door as far as Dino is concerned
I don't know for sure, we thought the same about C. Nunn.

OburgCuse

2nd String
I don't know for sure, we thought the same about C. Nunn.
It’s my understanding that Nunn handled his recruitment (including the commitment/decommitment) a little different than Van Dyke who may have burned some bridges.

With that being said if the staff is still communicating with him and the interest is reciprocated I’m all for taking him :)

upperdeck

Living Legend
isnt Miami also really pushing hard for a 5star qb out of Cali that they really think they are going to get?

jgeorge322

All American
It’s my understanding that Nunn handled his recruitment (including the commitment/decommitment) a little different than Van Dyke who may have burned some bridges.

With that being said if the staff is still communicating with him and the interest is reciprocated I’m all for taking him :)
I dont think were in a position yet to be spiteful. Regardless, the amount of spite we are willing to doll out undoubtedly turns on the quality of player and need. There are no hard and fast rules imo.

Shenexon

All American
We’ve had a number of good and great qb’s and I expect we’ll attract the next great QB recruit no matter who it ends up being. For now, I’m looking forward to the Devito era. He’s going to be different than Dungey Mcnabb, Mcpherson, etc, but think he’ll be among the greats when he’s done. LGO!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom