Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that it's just 1 picture and you shouldn't jump to conclusions but I'll say it anyway. He looks like a kid that needs Dino even more than we need him.

Like I said you shouldn't jump to conclusions but he looks like a kid that would benefit by being in a program led by a strong, decent and grounded figure like Dino. Manny, not so much. Then again, in my opinion any kid would benefit from that.

Or "Damn, I have a great chance to start"
Both teams looked bad. It looked like a high school game. The play calling with 4 minutes left was atrocious on Florida’s coaching staff. Who passes, on first and 10 in that situation? I don’t know much about Diaz, but he seemed to do more screaming and cussing than coaching. Cuse would beat both of those teams.

I won’t say anymore about it.

Jarren Williams threw 3 interceptions yesterday in the Louiville/Miami game so Diaz brought in N'kosi Perry...who turned things around and almost won the game. After the game Diaz says that Jarren is their guy..just that Perry gave them the best chance to win. Where do you think you will be in this pecking order Tyler?

Last edited:

Jarren Williams through 3 interceptions yesterday in the Louiville/Miami game so Diaz brought in N'kosi Perry...who turned things around and almost won the game. After the game Diaz says that Jarren is their guy..just that Perry gave them the best chance to win. Where do you think you will be in this pecking order Tyler?
He likes the U.
No worries, we’ll just catch him on the transfer portal rebound...if he’s lucky!;)

Jarren Williams threw 3 interceptions yesterday in the Louiville/Miami game so Diaz brought in N'kosi Perry...who turned things around and almost won the game. After the game Diaz says that Jarren is their guy..just that Perry gave them the best chance to win. Where do you think you will be in this pecking order Tyler?
Are we going to discuss the fact that he looks 27?

Under Manny Diaz, Miami has embraced the title of Transfer U. That is great for a short term fix, maybe (I think at least half the players that transfer do so because they screwed up), but it should send strong signals to the current players about the loyalty of the HC to them.

I don't have an issue with Diaz recruiting more top QBs after getting a verbal from Tyler. But if he takes transfers at QB, and if he continues to actively recruit more transfer QBs, that should give normal QB recruits a reason for concern.

It should also be a concern if the HC is completely unprepared for the new role, fireballs the program into an historically bad season, and the OC he hires proves completely incompetent.

At this point, the best case realistic scenario for Manny is to survive this season, place all the blame on Enos and fire him to save himself.

If Tyler picked Miami because he likes Enos, he should probably start looking around at other options. Or be prepared to transfer to wherever Enos ends up when he gets fired after this season.

Under Manny Diaz, Miami has embraced the title of Transfer U. That is great for a short term fix, maybe (I think at least half the players that transfer do so because they screwed up), but it should send strong signals to the current players about the loyalty of the HC to them.

I don't have an issue with Diaz recruiting more top QBs after getting a verbal from Tyler. But if he takes transfers at QB, and if he continues to actively recruit more transfer QBs, that should give normal QB recruits a reason for concern.

It should also be a concern if the HC is completely unprepared for the new role, fireballs the program into an historically bad season, and the OC he hires proves completely incompetent.

At this point, the best case realistic scenario for Manny is to survive this season, place all the blame on Enos and fire him to save himself.

If Tyler picked Miami because he likes Enos, he should probably start looking around at other options. Or be prepared to transfer to wherever Enos ends up when he gets fired after this season.

His DC may be gone first.

what a disaster the Canes are. Diaz is way over his head and to be doing this type thing a few games into your first season screams you are indecisive and have no confidence in what you're doing. benching a QB, shuffling DC duties. The DC is Diaz' boy, a Diaz disciple. Then you have a Miami ESPN Radio host tweeting Miami is poorly coached.

Kids beware.

Didn't we have a ton of transfers and go 4-8 each of the 1st 2 years of the Babers era? I'm always confused by the folks that expect new coaches to win immediately. The FSU fans too blind to see what Taggart walked into and were talking buyout at the end of year 1 come to mind as the biggest idiots recently.

Didn't we have a ton of transfers and go 4-8 each of the 1st 2 years of the Babers era? I'm always confused by the folks that expect new coaches to win immediately. The FSU fans too blind to see what Taggart walked into and were talking buyout at the end of year 1 come to mind as the biggest idiots recently.
No. SU didn't have a ton of transfers. Rather commitments that weren't honored by the new staff or kids that were nudged out.

No. SU didn't have a ton of transfers. Rather commitments that weren't honored by the new staff or kids that were nudged out.

I don't know where to look to see how many kids left the program during the transition. I expect it to be at least a bunch, there is during every coaching change at every school. I just think that people always are thinking that what is happening in the present is somehow more significant than what happened in the past. What is going on at Miami and last year at UCLA and FSU isn't really all that abnormal but is likely just magnified because of our instant access to unlimited amounts of information.

I don't know where to look to see how many kids left the program during the transition. I expect it to be at least a bunch, there is during every coaching change at every school. I just think that people always are thinking that what is happening in the present is somehow more significant than what happened in the past. What is going on at Miami and last year at UCLA and FSU isn't really all that abnormal but is likely just magnified because of our instant access to unlimited amounts of information.
Since I follow along here on the recruiting forum, just a little bit, I would not say that SU had kids transferring out to the degree of those schools that you listed. Some players did transfer out but a number of those left with their degrees in hand.

Also, with the "construction" of the transfer portal kids are now transferring out in the middle of the season. In the past most kids would wait to transfer.

Since I follow along here on the recruiting forum, just a little bit, I would not say that SU had kids transferring out to the degree of those schools that you listed. Some players did transfer out but a number of those left with their degrees in hand.

Also, with the "construction" of the transfer portal kids are now transferring out in the middle of the season. In the past most kids would wait to transfer.

The portal and 4 game rule are certainly a humongous difference, it looks like the early stages of free agency.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember 15-20 kids leaving the program both when Marrone and when Babers came in. The result was that first year for each coach, we had very little depth and a small squad. That's how I remember it, anyway.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember 15-20 kids leaving the program both when Marrone and when Babers came in. The result was that first year for each coach, we had very little depth and a small squad. That's how I remember it, anyway.

Me too. I couldn't find any articles in a quick google search though.

Me too. I couldn't find any articles in a quick google search though.
Most of the kids that "Decommitted" when Babers came in were because the staff did not except their commitment or they did not qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom