Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Dyke is competing in the Regional Sunday in New Jersey, so that was probably his plan for the weekend.

Not to be "that guy", but that's a sub-optimal throwing motion in this admittedly still photo.
I hope he was posing for the photographer, acting like he was going to throw it really hard.
Because otherwise, you don't want you arm in that position when you release a throw.

Last edited:
th

Not to be "that guy", but that's a sub-optimal release point.
I hope he was posing for the photographer, acting like he was going to throw it really hard.
Because otherwise, you don't want you arm in that position when you release a throw.
Not a perfect throwing motion, not release point. Good arm and sure he'll work on it. Does seem to hold the ball too far forward on his back drop so he needs to drop the ball a little too low on the back arm swing.

Well,from that pose, I don't think that's a release point. Could be wrong.

Yes, I probably should have said "throwing motion". I don't think you want to start your throw from that far back and low down and a bit away from the body. It's just an odd look in that one shot. Maybe he's winding up to really heave it, like I said before. I hope he was just posing for a picture.

Coaches tell you that you want to start with the ball up much higher. When I played, they said to tuck the ball behind your ear when you're starting your throwing motion.

Why the lecturing first two lines. He was just asking if there was a reason why. The rest of your post is a good accurate response to the question. So rackman18 go ahead and be that guy and ask away. If we don't know or have a response we will all answer you, including IthacaMatt and his good post to your question. Just want to encourage more interaction and communication.

We've lost too many great posters on this board who used to give us free inside scoop because of people questioning their sources, or getting into a dick-waving argument with someone. Believe it or don't believe it, but you don't question a person's sources if you want this board to be any good.

Not to be "that guy", but that's a sub-optimal throwing motion in this admittedly still photo.
9178309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors