Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL meant Diaz, wrote Richt.

That's a wild mistake, and I was sober at the time too...
It's cool, I just took it to mean we do have a chance and you just expressed that in a weirdly funny way.

In your camp thread there are 4 low level 2020 QBs who said they were camping. I would hope Syracuse will continue to recruit Van Dyke into Dec. It would be extremely poor salesmanship not to. The best recruiters and the best recruiting schools are relentless.

I'm really not convinced by the recruiting abilities of the father-in-law. No inroads in Houston and no QBs yet to anchor this class after a 10-3 season. Hopefully the Canadian reclassifies and commits. It looks like the James Bond villain was a pretty good recruiter in hindsight. We have some really good in-game coaches now but the recruiting is lagging.

I'm really not convinced by the recruiting abilities of the father-in-law. No inroads in Houston and no QBs yet to anchor this class after a 10-3 season. Hopefully the Canadian reclassifies and commits. It looks like the James Bond villain was a pretty good recruiter in hindsight. We have some really good in-game coaches now but the recruiting is lagging.

who is the James Bond villain recruiter that you are referring too?

I'm giving the guy a pass because he came from Texas and pulling high quality recruits from Texas was always going to be a pipe dream.

I'm giving the guy a pass because he came from Texas and pulling high quality recruits from Texas was always going to be a pipe dream.

What determines their “low level” outside their stars? Players who have had low stars have turned out to be huge players and there is still a whole season for them to increase those stars. Now if you don’t like them because of film that’s one thing but let’s not act like recruiting is horrible and it’s dropping off.

What determines their “low level” outside their stars? Players who have had low stars have turned out to be huge players and there is still a whole season for them to increase those stars. Now if you don’t like them because of film that’s one thing but let’s not act like recruiting is horrible and it’s dropping off.

In your camp thread there are 4 low level 2020 QBs who said they were camping. I would hope Syracuse will continue to recruit Van Dyke into Dec. It would be extremely poor salesmanship not to. The best recruiters and the best recruiting schools are relentless.

They have moved on from Van Dyke and are recruiting Veilleux. And the coaches invited those "low" level qbs to camp. I think they know how to discern which prospects have the necessary skills and talent they are looking for better than a recruiting site.

They have moved on from Van Dyke and are recruiting Veilleux. And the coaches invited those "low" level qbs to camp. I think they know how to discern which prospects have the necessary skills and talent they are looking for better than a recruiting site.

I could care less what their stars are, and I frankly cringe whenever someone brings it up. How about the obvious, not much interest from other schools?

Last edited:

I could care less what their stars are, and I frankly cringe whenever someone brings it up. How about the obvious, not much interest from other schools?

They're discerning the best kids on the plan B QB list, that seems pretty obvious. Why would one need to look at a recruiting site ?

They're discerning the best kids on the plan B QB list, that seems pretty obvious. Why would one need to look at a recruiting site ?

This is what was reported as camping. Nezat has upside but is camping for offers. Vangarelli same thing; upside shopping for D1 offers.

2020 QB Tristan Lefebvre, St Joes, Ontario, Canada
2020 QB Brock Bagozzi, Solvay HS, Solvay, NY
2020 QB Brett Nezat, Saraland HS, Saraland, AL
2020 QB Niko Vangarelli, Mt Paran Christian, Kennesaw, GA

This is what was reported as camping. Nezat has upside but is camping for offers. Vangarelli same thing; upside shopping for D1 offers.

2020 QB Tristan Lefebvre, St Joes, Ontario, Canada
2020 QB Brock Bagozzi, Solvay HS, Solvay, NY
2020 QB Brett Nezat, Saraland HS, Saraland, AL
2020 QB Niko Vangarelli, Mt Paran Christian, Kennesaw, GA

it's also obvious that by having some B list QBs camp, it doesn't mean they are throwing in the towel on any A list options, they are doing their homework. maybe they are prepared to take 2 QBs and a camp kid could end up being that second kid at some point.

And here I checked the thread looking for good news. This is an extremely bitter pill to swallow imo. I bid adieu and move on to better QB’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom