Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I checked the thread looking for good news. This is an extremely bitter pill to swallow imo. I bid adieu and move on to better QB’s

Might as well kick you while you’re down and inform you this week he was also invited to Elite 11 competition and competing in the Opening finals...

And here I checked the thread looking for good news. This is an extremely bitter pill to swallow imo. I bid adieu and move on to better QB’s

I'm sorry, but I am required to bring both bad and glad tidings.

It seems like it's over, but let's remember that Zach Allen was doing a great job as a recruit / recruiter for us before he went elsewhere.

I think Van Dyke has the better arm out of all of them but you never know what can happen now. The Williams kid was highly ranked. He's obviously won the coaches over. His team mates are gonna rally behind him. TVD would have to be lights out to de throne that. When TVD committed, he made a big deal about working with the OC Enos in a pro style offense. As long as he's there I think TVD will stick. It will be good for us if their offense struggles and they decide to part ways with Enos.

Nothing creates the clarity of a poor choice more than time...
Yeah it's called Plan Continuation Bias. "I made my decision. and I'm sticking with it because I can't be wrong or display indecision."
In truth, maybe it works out for the young man, but I do think Syracuse would be a better choice for myriad reasons. Reasons which I refuse to enumerate because my idea that he should come here first was right all along.

I don't think you will see one or so stick around to long. It doesn't matter, when a kid is good and he wants to play and he may have to sit for 3 years, he won't wait, he will move on. Especially with what is or may be coming in also. Someone will leave.

I hope Justin Barron stays in his ear. But I'd be very surprised, he knew what the QB situation was there when he committed.
He probably thought Martell would win it, who would have graduated the same as Tommy D. Now he'd have to wait at least 3 years instead of 2. That's a big difference to me. May not be to him.

Van Dyke is gone. Minus a complete implosion in Miami (not impossible) he's still headed there. The shame is when it comes time for him to transfer out of there I doubt Miami will let him stay in conference.

Van Dyke is gone. Minus a complete implosion in Miami (not impossible) he's still headed there. The shame is when it comes time for him to transfer out of there I doubt Miami will let him stay in conference.
Coaches can no longer block where a student-athlete can transfer to. But if transferring intra-conference, ACC rules say a student-athlete must sit a year, and that year counts as one of his/her years of eligibility.

Coaches can no longer block where a student-athlete can transfer to. But if transferring intra-conference, ACC rules say a student-athlete must sit a year, and that year counts as one of his/her years of eligibility.

They may have to pay their own way that initial year as well, we never really clarified that, but its why you see almost no ACC to ACC transfers save for Grad students where the rule doesn't apply.

They may have to pay their own way that initial year as well, we never really clarified that, but its why you see almost no ACC to ACC transfers save for Grad students where the rule doesn't apply.
They changed that rule also (https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article231478918.html ). So, what I said above (about burning a year of eligibility) was wrong - I looked at an old set of rules from the ACC. Apologies.
And grad transfers are allowed within the ACC, from everything I can find.

Last edited:
They changed that rule also (https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article231478918.html ). So, what I said above (about burning a year of eligibility) was wrong - I looked at an old set of rules from the ACC. Apologies. And grad transfers are allowed within the ACC, from everything I can find.

That could have some positive developments for SU, to bad it took this long to change. Really surprised they changed it to be honest.

I hope Justin Barron stays in his ear. But I'd be very surprised, he knew what the QB situation was there when he committed.
The brewing dumpster fire in Coral Gables will hopefully dissuade him.

Mark my words, there will be a legitimate The U Dumpster Fire thread by the end of 2019 and I will head it.

Diaz is a great recruiter but I feel it in the air, calling my shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom