Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the kids that "Decommitted" when Babers came in were because the staff did not except their commitment or they did not qualify.

Yes, that was a portion, and I remember Babers filling about 12 scholarships out of our 20 or so in the last couple weeks, pretty impressively. But there were another dozen guys or so who took their degree and skipped their final year, or transferred down to Div. 2.

Most of the kids that "Decommitted" when Babers came in were because the staff did not except their commitment or they did not qualify.

I count 15 underclassmen on the '15 roster that aren't on the '16 roster and that's without considering any Seniors that left prior to using up their 5th year of eligibility. Obviously there were random circumstances with some of them. I'd say that's a lot of turnover. Probably closer to 20 kids with eligibility that did not continue their career here during the coaching change.

Yes, that was a portion, and I remember Babers filling about 12 scholarships out of our 20 or so in the last couple weeks, pretty impressively. But there were another dozen guys or so who took their degree and skipped their final year, or transferred down to Div. 2.
But not in the first year of Babers. The kids that didn't commit were because the staff chose not to honor their commitments. And those players that have chose to transfer/graduate have basically happened over a three year span of time. It isn't what you see often with a new coaching staff or before the transfer portal.

Didn't we have a ton of transfers and go 4-8 each of the 1st 2 years of the Babers era? I'm always confused by the folks that expect new coaches to win immediately. The FSU fans too blind to see what Taggart walked into and were talking buyout at the end of year 1 come to mind as the biggest idiots recently.
FYI, I wasn't talking about transfers out, I was talking about transfers in. I think it is pretty clear that Diaz is going to extraordinary lengths to take transfers. Forget any Syracuse HC ever...Manny looks to be taking more transfers than any other HC in the country.

That is great if you are one of the players transferring in. Not so great if you are a loyal UM player patiently waiting for your turn to play.

FYI, I wasn't talking about transfers out, I was talking about transfers in. I think it is pretty clear that Diaz is going to extraordinary lengths to take transfers. Forget any Syracuse HC ever...Manny looks to be taking more transfers than any other HC in the country.

That is great if you are one of the players transferring in. Not so great if you are a loyal UM player patiently waiting for your turn to play.

ESPECIALLY since Manny probably helped recruit a bunch of those guys he's now trying to recruit over via the Transfer Portal option.

(since he's not a 'new' coach from outside the program bringing in "his guys" to fit "his program".)

That has to be awesome for team morale. :p

I count 15 underclassmen on the '15 roster that aren't on the '16 roster and that's without considering any Seniors that left prior to using up their 5th year of eligibility. Obviously there were random circumstances with some of them. I'd say that's a lot of turnover. Probably closer to 20 kids with eligibility that did not continue their career here during the coaching change.

I think some of those kids you are counting were walk-ons.

Check out SMU and he's got that team undefeated.

This is exactly common practice

heck it was something some of our posters were suggesting as reasons why any other coaching changes weren’t going to be made until after NSD. That way we didnt lose any recruits

if TVD wants to swap Dino would welcome him with open arms, and so would this fan base. but no way thats a real option

It kinda is, unless Miami fully releases TVD from his NLI. Not likely, especially for what would be an in-conference move.
No room for rationality anymore in 2020 qb threads

He might mess around and win the starting job. Their QB situation is that bad.

It kinda is, unless Miami fully releases TVD from his NLI. Not likely, especially for what would be an in-conference move.
I feel like the trend has been towards programs granting the release. The negatives in recruiting have to outweigh the positives of forcing a guy to stay when he doesn’t want to, one would think.

Although he signed could he still transfer even though he has not arrived on campus? In theory he would redshirt this upcoming year anyway.

Although he signed could he still transfer even though he has not arrived on campus? In theory he would redshirt this upcoming year anyway.
Yes, he can transfer anywhere. He would have to sit a year no matter where he went unless he was released from his NLI by Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom