Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an early enrollee as well so not much time to try and get out of letter of intent unless decides to delay enrollment. Interested to see if he was informed that this might happen or caught off guard since Enos was such a major factor in him committing to them. Despite all this he has always seemed firm so due to timing gotta think he sticks.

I'm sure HCDB had explained to this kid and his family things like this could happen especially with a new coach taken over before he signed. Now the kid has to deal with it.

Could TVD use next year as a Transfer Year, then Redshirt and start in year 3? I’m not sure how that would work nor think he comes but wishful thinking,

Yeah not sure where this thread is going. This young man showed little interest if that and briefly and that’s about it. I would be amazed if there was any interest even down the road. Wouldn’t be surprised if he hits the portal a year from now after he gets recruited over with a New OC in town but don’t see that young man changing to Cuse.

I feel for the kid. The dude lives in CT, sees Miami Beach, figures he'll get to hang with Tathan Martell's instamodel girlfriend's friends, get coached by the guy that like, totally made Tua, man. So excited, he's the first one to get his NLI in and then...

Well.

Yeah not sure where this thread is going. This young man showed little interest if that and briefly and that’s about it. I would be amazed if there was any interest even down the road. Wouldn’t be surprised if he hits the portal a year from now after he gets recruited over with a New OC in town but don’t see that young man changing to Cuse.

I don’t think he is going to try and get out of his LOI and come to SU but before Miami swooped in he was on the brink of committing to SU. So I don’t agree that we would not be an option if he decided to transfer later on.

Yeah as djorange mentioned we were at worst a top 2 option and most of experts thought we were the front runners about to get a commitment until the secret visit to Miami happened around the time he was supposed to visit us. He had a real great relationship w Enos that was instrumental in them getting him but probably too late for anything to happen here now.

I will sacrifice a article of Syracuse clothing for 2 weeks if he entered the portal and transferred to us. .001 percent chance of happening but I can try

I feel for the kid. The dude lives in CT, sees Miami Beach, figures he'll get to hang with Tathan Martell's instamodel girlfriend's friends, get coached by the guy that like, totally made Tua, man. So excited, he's the first one to get his NLI in and then...

Well.
I don’t. He chose... unwisely.

Williams will probably be transferring out of Miami before Van Dyke. After what we saw yesterday Tyler probably has visions of early playing time if not starting.

Exactly. Kid probably thinks he will be a 3-4 year starter at this point unless they recruit over him but can happen anywhere but he will get a really good shot

New OC probably the best thing that could happen to him. Won’t take much to make him look like a superstar after this years offensive performances

Exactly. Kid probably thinks he will be a 3-4 year starter at this point unless they recruit over him but can happen anywhere but he will get a really good shot

Seriously. I can't imagine he's thinking anything other than what a huge opportunity. After that circus yesterday, he's going to be the most popular player on campus.

Seriously. I can't imagine he's thinking anything other than what a huge opportunity. After that circus yesterday, he's going to be the most popular player on campus.

as long as he delivers

I don't get all the hand wringing over this kid. He's not coming here.

I just want to understand why other programs can come in and so easily take recruits away from us. It happens over and over and over and I'm so sick of it.

Thats true no matter where he goes.

Yeah, you're right.
It just seems that (assuming he's the starter) he's going to be put into an especially tough situation to succeed - bad OL, pissed off fans/boosters, inexperience, new OC.

I just want to understand why other programs can come in and so easily take recruits away from us. It happens over and over and over and I'm so sick of it.
I don't understand why everyone gets so confused on this, especially in this situation. If you're a 18 year old stud football player, and you have the option of playing for program A or program B:

Program A: 5 national titles (including one as recently as 2001), 34 NFL players on roster at start of 2019, last season with more than 7 losses was 1977, average attendance is around 62,000, and you play in a warm climate with lots of beaches and everything that comes with that.

Program B: 1 national title (way back in 1959), 4 NFL players on roster at start of 2019 (you should see a list of schools that have more than us [Rice, Northern Illinois, Old Dominion, Tulane, Troy, Kansas, Wyoming, etc]), last season with more than 7 losses was 2017, average attendance is around 37,000, and you play in the cold of upstate NY.

I can't imagine why a kid would pick program B if he has a similar opportunity at both places. Obviously every recruitment is different, but I think we have to put our program in perspective here. We aren't Miami and probably won't ever be. I'd love us to win more recruiting battles, but take the orange glasses off and look at what these kids are looking at and it's not hard to see why we lose a lot of them.

I don't understand why everyone gets so confused on this, especially in this situation. If you're a 18 year old stud football player, and you have the option of playing for program A or program B:

Program A: 5 national titles (including one as recently as 2001), 34 NFL players on roster at start of 2019, last season with more than 7 losses was 1977, average attendance is around 62,000, and you play in a warm climate with lots of beaches and everything that comes with that.

Program B: 1 national title (way back in 1959), 4 NFL players on roster at start of 2019 (you should see a list of schools that have more than us [Rice, Northern Illinois, Old Dominion, Tulane, Troy, Kansas, Wyoming, etc]), last season with more than 7 losses was 2017, average attendance is around 37,000, and you play in the cold of upstate NY.

I can't imagine why a kid would pick program B if he has a similar opportunity at both places. Obviously every recruitment is different, but I think we have to put our program in perspective here. We aren't Miami and probably won't ever be. I'd love us to win more recruiting battles, but take the orange glasses off and look at what these kids are looking at and it's not hard to see why we lose a lot of them.
They either took the Dome down or Buffalo won a Natty in 1959 I didn’t know about.

I don't get all the hand wringing over this kid. He's not coming here.

Bottom line is we need and OC and QB coach that can recruit and close the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom