Class of 2019 - QB Tyree Jackson (MI) Grad Transfer from Buffalo to enter NFL Draft | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Tyree Jackson (MI) Grad Transfer from Buffalo to enter NFL Draft

Worth mentioning and monitoring the situation. He is a 6-foot 7 mobile quarterback, you don't see that too often. Has a cannon of an arm. 2600 yds and 25 TDS passing this season. Not sure we would have interest but...

Worth mentioning and monitoring the situation. He is a 6-foot 7 mobile quarterback, you don't see that too often. Has a cannon of an arm. 2600 yds and 25 TDS passing this season. Not sure we would have interest but...
I don't think Dino is interested in a one year guy at QB given that he has stated it takes a couple of years for a QB to really know the system.

He's going to want to enter a situation where he can play immediately. Barring a disaster, that's not happening at SU.

I like Tommy in our offense more. He would not come to be depth. Best of luck to him.

Condolences to Trueblue25.

He is originally from Michigan. Michigan State?

FSU? He has no experience with the Baylor offense they are putting in, but he has the skill set needed. And they need a QB desperately.

Don't see why he would move from UB to a school like Rutgers, and take a clear step downward.

Condolences to Trueblue25.

He is originally from Michigan. Michigan State?

FSU? He has no experience with the Baylor offense they are putting in, but he has the skill set needed. And they need a QB desperately.

Don't see why he would move from UB to a school like Rutgers, and take a clear step downward.
Unless he goes to Rutgers, or a more renowned top 100 school, I think this is a massive mistake on Jackson’s end. Maybe he gets snifs in the deep south? He’ll ride more momentum into the draft on the back of a 9-10 win mac team than a 3-7 win p5 imo.

Edit: Rutgers would be a backwards move, UB’s a better program.

Best of luck to him, but I was not terribly impressed with him in the three games I saw him.

Yep. He's completely overrated IMO.

I'm as big of a UB fan as I am Syracuse so I've seen every game.

He is really inconsistent with accuracy. Some plays he throws a nice pass on a rope then the next he'll miss badly. His completion percentage is pretty bad despite having good receivers. He also locks onto one receiver way too often. If his first read is covered then it's going to be a bad play more often than not.

Drew Anderson looked better than Tyree Jackson in the limited games he played in '17.

Yep. He's completely overrated IMO.

I'm as big of a UB fan as I am Syracuse so I've seen every game.

He is really inconsistent with accuracy. Some plays he throws a nice pass on a rope then the next he'll miss badly. His completion percentage is pretty bad despite having good receivers. He also locks onto one receiver way too often. If his first read is covered then it's going to be a bad play more often than not.

Drew Anderson looked better than Tyree Jackson in the limited games he played in '17.
I agree. I am a UB fan also. Had family that played there and know several players currently on the team. I follow them a lot. I was on the Jackson train early. He has elite physical attributes. He has a great arm, size and great touch on long throws. As the season went on, I noticed more defeciencies. Not as accurate on under neath routes and he tends to try to make the big play instead of taking what the defense gives him. He needs some fine tuning. Maybe he got word of a program that wants him and think they can correct those issues.

anthony johnson might be the reason anyone knows who he is

a couple years ago, i wanted SU to go after Licata because we needed more help

anthony johnson might be the reason anyone knows who he is

a couple years ago, i wanted SU to go after Licata because we needed more help
I’d rather Licata than Jackson. Licata was a legitimate pocket presence.

Not suggesting Jackson is someone we want, but you can understand why a grad transfer QB might see the opportunity at SU. Our presumed starter (TD) has played (other than mop-up) in but 4 games, with a 50.6% completion percentage, and negative yards rushing. 4 TDs/3 interceptions. Two of those 4 games were rough outings; two were very good. Back-up will be a RsF with potential but no playing time yet. No QB recruited in the 2019 class. SU will have some weapons at RB and WR, and wants to play fast, in a Dome.

What P5 opportunities are better?

Not suggesting Jackson is someone we want, but you can understand why a grad transfer QB might see the opportunity at SU. Our presumed starter (TD) has played (other than mop-up) in but 4 games, with a 50.6% completion percentage, and negative yards rushing. 4 TDs/3 interceptions. Two of those 4 games were rough outings; two were very good. Back-up will be a RsF with potential but no playing time yet. No QB recruited in the 2019 class. SU will have some weapons at RB and WR, and wants to play fast, in a Dome.

SU’s not an option for a grad transfer. No way he comes close to challenging TD, in his third year in the system. QB is a position we need to groom in Dino’s system. You cant just plug him in.

TD is the starting QB for SU (Thank god, he is going to set all kinds of records) as long as he is on the hill. SU is all set for the future with Amie as backup then starter after Tommy Gun leaves. Jackson would be good for Rutgers as they can use all the help they can get!

I like people who look at different perspectives and not just fan lens. We are all rooting for TD, he has shown flashes with the little time he got. From Jackson's perspective, why wouldnt he think this way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom