QBs we've beaten up over the years | Syracusefan.com

QBs we've beaten up over the years

That kid took a brutal pounding today.
Geno
Savage
Others?
My favorite is in 2001 against auburn in the dome. It’s just after 9/11. Flags on all the seats. Auburn knows about Freeney and they have planned for it. Their QB buys steaks for the OL if he doesn’t get sacked. First snap of the game, Freeney blows around the OT and puts the Auburn QB on his cornhole. Flag on the play. But still...

My favorite is in 2001 against auburn in the dome. It’s just after 9/11. Flags on all the seats. Auburn knows about Freeney and they have planned for it. Their QB buys steaks for the OL if he doesn’t get sacked. First snap of the game, Freeney blows around the OT and puts the Auburn QB on his cornhole. Flag on the play. But still...
If you're talking mano a mano poundings - you have Freeney's 4.5 sacks on Michael Vick.

I was at that game. They double teamed Freeney and constantly rolled away from him, yet Freeney chased that kid down all day. I think he was a freshman. He ended up being really good and played in the NFL for a while.

For me, nothing will ever be better than than Freeney rocking Vick in 2000. I know we lost that game and Vick wasn't hurt, but that was a sick display by Freeney.

Geno Smith will always be my #1.

We weren’t even that good that year. When the Jets took Geno Smith in the first round, I was like that guy’s gonna be a bust because he looked completely deer in the headlights against our mediocre defense.

We weren’t even that good that year. When the Jets took Geno Smith in the first round, I was like that guy’s gonna be a bust because he looked completely deer in the headlights against our mediocre defense.
There was a TV shot of him on the sideline and I've never seen a QB so physically and mentally beaten.
Chandler.jpg

Which year is "that year"? We beat Geno 3 years in a row and absolutely destroyed him every time.

I brought it up at the post game tailgate, but thought Francois got the Tom Savage treatment. I'll always remember Savage after one of the many sacks just looking up at the Dome Roof questioning his life decisions.

I was at that game. They double teamed Freeney and constantly rolled away from him, yet Freeney chased that kid down all day. I think he was a freshman. He ended up being really good and played in the NFL for a while.

For me, nothing will ever be better than than Freeney rocking Vick in 2000. I know we lost that game and Vick wasn't hurt, but that was a sick display by Freeney.
Jason Campbell - ended up being one of Auburn's four first-round picks in the '04 draft, had a serviceable nfl career (4 years with Washington, then 5 years bouncing around with 4 other teams)

If you're talking mano a mano poundings - you have Freeney's 4.5 sacks on Michael Vick.
That game was great. I might be wrong but it seems like freeney and antoine ponds combined for 6-7 sacks that game. I remember a post standard article about he thought they knocked Vick out more than once...eyes would roll back in his head and then he would jump like nothing happened.

Yeah, I believe that was Jason Campbell who ended up starting for the Redskins for awhile.

That game was great. I might be wrong but it seems like freeney and antoine ponds combined for 6-7 sacks that game. I remember a post standard article about he thought they knocked Vick out more than once...eyes would roll back in his head and then he would jump like nothing happened.

It was Duke Pettijohn who was coming off the other end and also getting a ton of pressure, along with Freeney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom