The all inclusive Quade Green thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The all inclusive Quade Green thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quade is apparently not happy with his PT and is transferring from UK. If he does not get much PT at SU it is reasonable to think he might get disgruntled.

SU is in the process of putting together several team oriented building block type players (Hughes, Buddy, JG3)- pay your dues types. SU used to match these upperclass program players with a few 2 and dones for excellent teams. I liked the strategy and want to see it again. Quade does fit.
That's nothing close to evidence he might be a cancer at SU.

Right. Calipari praised him as a kid.

If the staff wants him, I want him. If they don’t, then who cares? We’re going to keep getting players either way, IMO. If he’s one of the next ones we get, great. If not, someone else good will be.

Greens game simply doesn't fit at UK. Much like Tyler Ennis wouldn't have worked in UK's system. Not saying Quade is Ennis just in that his style of play isnt UK.

He is hard to scout when you watch his highlights because he just has very little chemistry with his UK teammates.

My biggest issue with him is that he does have a bit of Kaleb Joseph in him with being careless with the ball and his decision making. That could be in part to forcing the issue with being outshined by other guys but also could be a sign he just isn't comfortable with the speed of the game at this level and would be better suited at a program in the A10 etc.

Greens game simply doesn't fit at UK. Much like Tyler Ennis wouldn't have worked in UK's system. Not saying Quade is Ennis just in that his style of play isnt UK.

He is hard to scout when you watch his highlights because he just has very little chemistry with his UK teammates.

My biggest issue with him is that he does have a bit of Kaleb Joseph in him with being careless with the ball and his decision making. That could be in part to forcing the issue with being outshined by other guys but also could be a sign he just isn't comfortable with the speed of the game at this level and would be better suited at a program in the A10 etc.

Why only 2.5 turnovers per 40 as a freshman though?

I mean, 10 ppg, good shooting percentages and low turnovers as a freshman suggests he’s more than an A-10 player to me?

Why only 2.5 turnovers per 40 as a freshman though?

I mean, 10 ppg, good shooting percentages and low turnovers as a freshman suggests he’s more than an A-10 player to me?

To be fair yes the turnovers were low. But if you watched his play, he was often out of control and instead of the good hockey assist he was setting another guy up to turn it over or put up a rushed shot. So out of control, limited impact and being a ghost at times on offense. Never able to really catch up with the flow / speed of the game it seemed t me watching him.

To be fair yes the turnovers were low. But if you watched his play, he was often out of control and instead of the good hockey assist he was setting another guy up to turn it over or put up a rushed shot. So out of control, limited impact and being a ghost at times on offense. Never able to really catch up with the flow / speed of the game it seemed t me watching him.

Yeah, I can’t say I watched much so that’s why I was curious. On paper he seemed to have a solid freshman year, even if he didn’t light the world on fire.

Glad to see my concerns re: Girard getting the overhyped white player treatment weren't unrealistic, as we have people saying he would be in the way of a former burger boy that has already proven a certain level of ability and production as a starter for a top 25 program.

I said "potential cancer", seems hard to argue.

In any event, I like the guards we have lined up for the foreseeable future. I like the idea of being able to see them develop and assume greater responsibility with each year. These are kids that are easy to root for. I would rather watch these players develop in the backup role than have Quade take those minutes.

In any event, I like the guards we have lined up for the foreseeable future. I like the idea of being able to see them develop and assume greater responsibility with each year. These are kids that are easy to root for. I would rather watch these players develop in the backup role than have Quade take those minutes.
I'd imagine we'd be fine with a player of QG's stature. I personally don't know if Girard has enough to compete on this level.

And calling anyone a cancer, even if you qualify it with the word potential, has certain connotations.

I actually dont like the kid. The emotional response would be no way. Now the intelligent response would be up to the coaches and if he had intrest. I have no idea if he could help our team or not.

I actually dont like the kid. The emotional response would be no way. Now the intelligent response would be up to the coaches and if he had intrest. I have no idea if he could help our team or not.

^^^^^Jesse Hall from Mighty Ducks over the prospect of Adam Banks joining the team.

“He’s a Hawk!” - ducks player (Karp, maybe?)
“He’s a good player.” - Gordon Bombay
“UGHHHH” - ducks player(Karp??)

We’ve gotta be more mature than the 10 year olds that made up the Mighty Ducks.

Your counter point is “anything is possible” lol

You're telling me this team can't use someone who can push and stretch the floor? You want another season of this with an inexperienced backcourt?

He can’t play for a mediocre Kentucky team. He’s overrated and not a great athlete. Let him go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom