quarantine, day 6 | Syracusefan.com

quarantine, day 6

Thank you - we needed that. Between my son’s school district and my work, and my wife’s work, we’ve been out nearly two weeks now. Lost first vacation we would have had in 5 years, lost Bar Mitzvah, losing one income, forgetting a few things and still have to pay for some of the above...but at least we’re not sick!

That reminds me of long trips in the station wagon when we were kids and my Dad would give us a clicker counter to keep track of all the cards. Kept us entertained for awhile.

1584536105821.png

That reminds me of long trips in the station wagon when we were kids and my Dad would give us a clicker counter to keep track of all the cards. Kept us entertained for awhile.

View attachment 178273
Haha, I played similar, but did a plus/minus based on cars we passed vs cars that passed us. One uncle was a cut above all when he did the driving, yet he wasn’t too fast!

View attachment 178273
we used to play a game we called cemetery
we'd count horses, whoever had the most at the end of the trip would win. but if you spotted a cemetery along the route, you'd holler "cemetery, bury all your horses!" and your opponents would go to zero

day 14

So can I ask the two obvious questions on everyone’s mind when they watched that?

1. Is that fake grass? Because it really looks good, I might have to install.

2. Why have a fence when you have all that space behind it?

Other than that, everything seemed normal.

we used to play a game we called cemetery
we'd count horses, whoever had the most at the end of the trip would win. but if you spotted a cemetery along the route, you'd holler "cemetery, bury all your horses!" and your opponents would go to zero
We played the same game but called it Horse Horse back in the 50's on the long trips to visit my grand parents
I adopted a similar game for my three kids on drives to Florida. Each child could pick a restaurant, Hotel and gas station and they'd count all the way to Florida

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom