Quarterbacks | Syracusefan.com

Quarterbacks

I am not sure what the answer is but we can all be sure it is not either of the QBs we saw today. Dino has to see it. He continues to give Devito 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances and he cannot deliver.

Please Dino for the sake of this team falling into another abyss put in one of the young guys at QB. If we consider it a throw away year anyways, we have a great D. Linebackers, corners, safeties are ballhawks and they hit.

With that being said Devito lost all confidence, awareness and ability to play the position at this level. It is not on the line (although they are not good). He does not see the quick reads pre and/or post snap. He doesn't see his outlets, he doesn't shift protection. He eats the ball most of the time instead of throwing it.

Why not try someone who can actually grow into a better QB instead of regressing

I have a feeling Tommy will transfer. If so i hope that
Rex takes advantage of the extra year. I believe that with a full year, next spring and fall camp he can become a good QB. Hopefully one of the true frosh win the job in the spring but either way Rex is a seasoned leader. I also expect Dino to go hard to get a transfer.

Rex takes advantage of the extra year. I believe that with a full year, next spring and fall camp he can become a good QB. Hopefully one of the true frosh win the job in the spring but either way Rex is a seasoned leader. I also expect Dino to go hard to get a transfer.

Where’s he transferring to? FCS school?

No P5 team is taking him and that’s a fact.

He actually went 28-42 as a starter a few years ago. He might need some reps in practice to get in sync with the receivers.

Lol you drunk?

He was worse than Devito by a mile when he came in 4th quarter. Tommy doesn't miss short passes like that.

I get it he made one completion where the WR had a lot of RAC and took it to the house but hes not an ACC QB.

Time to see what the freshmen look like and mix in a few series for them. Maybe Tommy figures it out against GT. These were good teams with good D line men bullying our OL.

We don't have an FBS level QB on the roster. I'm stunned at how bad it is. Tommy is scared and Rex (aside from 1 pass) can't hit an open receiver. We quite literally have no chance with the ineptitude at the most important position in sports. It's inexcusable at this point.

Lol you drunk?

He was worse than Devito by a mile when he came in 4th quarter. Tommy doesn't miss short passes like that.

I get it he made one completion where the WR had a lot of RAC and took it to the house but hes not an ACC QB.

Time to see what the freshmen look like and mix in a few series for them. Maybe Tommy figures it out against GT. These were good teams with good D line men bullying our OL.
Did you see Tommy’s stats?
He doesn’t miss the passes because he locks onto on person and then doesn’t throw the damn ball...

Where’s he transferring to? FCS school?

No P5 team is taking him and that’s a fact.
That would be fine. If he decides to go, I hope he finds a place with a history of a strong offensive line that will give him an abundance of time. That's the only way he'll have a chance to use his arm.

Lol you drunk?

lol, your description makes it sound like it was a 5 yard slant that Taj took to the house or something.

Lol you drunk?

Tommy doesn't throw passes like that. He... holds... the... ball...

I say we go Mahoney/Welch style and roll with Rex. I'm also fine with mixing in some young guys. Yeah, we'll see some wounded ducks, but at least the ball will be in the air.

Not only no quarterback but no quarterback depth. Dino got burned his 1st 2 years when Dungey went down and I still hasn't figured out.

Nice story but Rex is not the answer either. Question for the masses - who else gets a chance and at what point of the season? Personally I think Dino rolls with TD all year but what would you do?

We don't have an FBS level QB on the roster. I'm stunned at how bad it is. Tommy is scared and Rex (aside from 1 pass) can't hit an open receiver. We quite literally have no chance with the ineptitude at the most important position in sports. It's inexcusable at this point.
Well, we don't know that the freshmen aren't FBS level.

Lol you drunk?

No im not drunk. Tommy holds the ball too long. Has poor vision, and doesn't seem to have the moxy required to lead a team.

We need a grad transfer QB this next year. A good one. Give the two freshman that came in this year some time to develop and give Lamson his redshirt year. We also need to bring in a grad transfer LT and a grad transfer WR. It’s wild to me how much better and how good the defense is to me compared to the offense in year 5. We have studs all over the defense but we can’t find ONE stud on offense. Abysmal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom