Question about Hop | Syracusefan.com

Question about Hop

Cappy3

Walk On
IF (and it’s a big if) SU has been involved in providing benefits of some sort to recruits as inferred in the trial, and if the contact, as in other schools, was through an assistant coach, wouldn’t it seem possible, if not likely, that Hop was involved? He was our main recruiter with most, if not all, of our top prospects, and has certainly quickly upgraded Washington’s recruiting since leaving. Not accusing him (or SU) of anything, just speculation.

I think the news report was bunk -- and I'm not saying that as a orange goggle wearing Syracuse fan.

I say it because the coaching staff has zero concern -- literally, ZERO -- that any wrong doing was perpetrated on our part. When the FBI scandal initially broke, they were mildly curious of course, but the feeling in the building was unilaterally that they could look themselves in the mirror knowing that they didn't have to worry about a god-damned thing.

Unlike Kansas, Arizona, and a host of others.

I think the news report was bunk -- and I'm not saying that as a orange goggle wearing Syracuse fan.

I say it because the coaching staff has zero concern -- literally, ZERO -- that any wrong doing was perpetrated on our part. When the FBI scandal initially broke, they were mildly curious of course, but the feeling in the building was unilaterally that they could look themselves in the mirror knowing that they didn't have to worry about a god-damned thing.

Unlike Kansas, Arizona, and a host of others.

We also just got done with a decade-long deep-dive proctoscope exam by the NCAA.

IF there were shenanigans going on of that sort, we woulda been hit for it back then, rather than for the two dozen unpaid parking tickets we got eviscerated for instead. :rolleyes:

1/ The guilty always tell people they're not worried. [Avenatti seems to be the exception, oddly.]
2/ The FBI is a different animal than the NCAA. Not that the FBI has been especially good at finding everything lately... but they do have more/different powers than the NCAA.
3/ Seems especially icky to suspect Hopkins. But, i'm not going to be surprised by anything.

1/ The guilty always tell people they're not worried. [Avenatti seems to be the exception, oddly.]
2/ The FBI is a different animal than the NCAA. Not that the FBI has been especially good at finding everything lately... but they do have more/different powers than the NCAA.
3/ Seems especially icky to suspect Hopkins. But, i'm not going to be surprised by anything.

There's a difference between telling people you're not worried and actually not being worried.

IF (and it’s a big if) SU has been involved in providing benefits of some sort to recruits as inferred in the trial, and if the contact, as in other schools, was through an assistant coach, wouldn’t it seem possible, if not likely, that Hop was involved? He was our main recruiter with most, if not all, of our top prospects, and has certainly quickly upgraded Washington’s recruiting since leaving. Not accusing him (or SU) of anything, just speculation.
So what is your question? If Syracuse paid kids while Hop was here would he have been involved. I'm guessing so, I mean Capal was the one coordinating the money for the families at Duke. It never happened though.

There's a difference between telling people you're not worried and actually not being worried.
Of course. But, even if you were my mother/best friend/lover/priest, if i had committed a crime, you would not know if i was worried about an investigation around it. I don't know who you are, but you say you're 'in the building,' and i'm just suggesting the guilty wouldn't be wearing it on their sleeves. That said, i don't actually believe we're at risk, and you may be right, even without being right about why you're right...

Of course. But, even if you were my mother/best friend/lover/priest, if i had committed a crime, you would not know if i was worried about an investigation around it. I don't know who you are, but you say you're 'in the building,' and i'm just suggesting the guilty wouldn't be wearing it on their sleeves. That said, i don't actually believe we're at risk, and you may be right, even without being right about why you're right...

Exhibit A about leading a horse to water...

Last edited:
We also just got done with a decade-long deep-dive proctoscope exam by the NCAA.

IF there were shenanigans going on of that sort, we woulda been hit for it back then, rather than for the two dozen unpaid parking tickets we got eviscerated for instead. :rolleyes:
I've heard this several times but don't forget, the NCAA limited their probe to actions committed after 2003.

Exhibit A about leading a horse to water...
Gee, thanks,
Pretty sure there was no 'sense in the building' that Bernie was doing Bernie stuff, either.
But, hey, i'm glad you're confident in your Bran-ness.

So the guilty say that they're not worried before hand, the innocent say they're not worried and the guilty are found out, does that mean the innocent are really guilty too?

. . . with such allegations, if you can call them that, my thoughts tend to hew towards ROI, ROC, and bang for the buck. More specifically, this is the state of our program paying for talent? >IF< so, someone needs to get fired for more than one reason ;)

Gee, thanks,
Pretty sure there was no 'sense in the building' that Bernie was doing Bernie stuff, either.
But, hey, i'm glad you're confident in your Bran-ness.

It doesn't take Bran to recognize that up until this point, Syracuse has not been tangibly implicated at any point during the FBI investigation. There's a reason for that.

The truth is like Valaryan steel, and shatters baseless hypotheticals like wights.

Why are people concerned here? They aren't even doing anything with coaches on wiretaps. Typical Self-loathing bs that permeates this board.

In what world is the FBI investigating anything less than capital crimes pre-2003?
Perhaps you're intimately familiar with FBI practices. I'm not, nor do I know the statute of limitations on this sort of thing.

Even if they're not actively investigating things that happened before 2003, if someone starts dropping names (like they already have) and the FBI is trying to make a case against someone who was involved back then...

Why are people concerned here? They aren't even doing anything with coaches on wiretaps. Typical Self-loathing bs that permeates this board.
Everyone should be worried, let alone fans of a favorite NCAA whipping boy.

Everyone should be worried, let alone fans of a favorite NCAA whipping boy.

Yeah well if Duke is involved with whatever we are doing they will look the other way. Use common sense here.

The truth is like Valaryan steel, and shatters baseless hypotheticals like wights.

Valyrian steel does not shatter wights, it only shatters White Walkers.

Valyrian steel does not shatter wights, it only shatters White Walkers.

Dragonglass should not shatter wights, either, and yet we saw some examples of that in the last episode.

And here we are.

Yeah well if Duke is involved with whatever we are doing they will look the other way. Use common sense here.
Right. I should have said everyone should be worried except the blue bloods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom