Question about Parking in the VA garage | Syracusefan.com

Question about Parking in the VA garage

crv1728

2nd String
I have a permit for parking in VA garage for the football season. Recently i have heard a few things such as you can't get in until 2 hours before game, no alcohol, and it is very slow exiting after games. Anyone have any insight, experience with this?
Thanks advance for any responses.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
The VA garage has two entry/exit points. The one on the backside (towards I-81) is the easiest way in (IMHO). I don't know anything about 2 hours...hopefully someone else can pipe in.

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
The VA garage itself is open most of the time because its used mostly for the VA (obviously), that said I don't know how strict SU is going to be about people who have VA passes for the fball games. Unlike the surface lots where no one is there until about 4 hours before gametime the VA will be manned pretty much the entire time. I am sure they will give some leeway but how much I can't really say. I can't speak to the alochol question 100% but from what I believe they don't allow any sort of tailgating once your parked and to be honest you wouldn't want to any.

Leaving can be extremely slow, there is an exit/entrance facing the dome but I don't think that is always open and even if it is both sides back up quickly and for a big game you can be stranded for a while. Both the garages in that area back up quickly when there is a big game or when most people leave at the same time so be prepared. I would recommend either hooking up with a post game tailgate or something of that nature until things clear out or try and leave a little early assuming the game is well decided. The two garages right there are great for parking close to the dome and keeping your car out of the weather but the downsides are no real ability to tailgate (unless your going to pass around some beers in the car but unless your 17 I am assuming thats out) and getting out can be a PIA. The 2 hour window would also concern me, I would test that out a bit for Clemson and see what you discover.

orangesox44

Scout Team
Very strict on no alcohol in there... I park in there for basketball and have been scolded multiple times for just drinking a beer as I walk out of the garage from my car. An absolute nightmare getting out for any busy games. Not sure on how strict they are on the times.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
I have a permit for parking in VA garage for the football season. Recently i have heard a few things such as you can't get in until 2 hours before game, no alcohol, and it is very slow exiting after games. Anyone have any insight, experience with this?
Thanks advance for any responses.

For b-ball it is open 2 hours before game time. Not sure about FB although their website does say 2 hours prior also. The entrance that faces the dome is only for those visiting the hospital or vets that have vet status documentation. Those who purchase a parking pass from SU must enter on the backside. That would be the one 2 hours prior if true. Until it is open, the gate is closed and nobody can enter there. As to leaving, yes it can be slow. Park on the lowest level possible. It’s at its worst when it is a close game right to the end and everyone is leaving at the same time.

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
when i had a parking pass there i was able to park 3 hours before gametime especially on saturdays with no problems. as others have said after a big exciting game garages are sometimes slow to exit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusenj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom