Question about Roku | Syracusefan.com

Question about Roku

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
Time Warner is no longer supporting the option to plug the cable into the back of the TV as of June this year. I have the option to rent a digital box from them or buy a Roku which is what I want to do.

Can you get MLB games on a Roku and if so are they blacked out by region? What about college basketball? Does anyone use the Time Warner app that they have been saying is supported by Roku?

I have 3 TVs and from what I understand I need a separate Roku for each one so before I spend the dough I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

thanks in advance

Time Warner is no longer supporting the option to plug the cable into the back of the TV as of June this year. I have the option to rent a digital box from them or buy a Roku which is what I want to do.

Can you get MLB games on a Roku and if so are they blacked out by region? What about college basketball? Does anyone use the Time Warner app that they have been saying is supported by Roku?

I have 3 TVs and from what I understand I need a separate Roku for each one so before I spend the dough I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

thanks in advance

I was a Time Warner customer until 2 years ago. I used the TW Roku app. It worked okay for me.

You can get MLB on a Roku (have to pay the MLB fee, but they always black out games that are available in your area on regular cable/TV). All the ESPN games can be streamed through a Roku...as long as you're paying for a cable provider.

I switched to Verizon, but if I was still with TW I'd buy me a couple of more Rokus.

I was a Time Warner customer until 2 years ago. I used the TW Roku app. It worked okay for me.

You can get MLB on a Roku (have to pay the MLB fee, but they always black out games that are available in your area on regular cable/TV). All the ESPN games can be streamed through a Roku...as long as you're paying for a cable provider.

I switched to Verizon, but if I was still with TW I'd buy me a couple of more Rokus.
shoot, I was hoping to drop TW all together but since they carry the Yes Network I'd be shut out of the Yankee games and I don't want that to happen. Otherwise I checked out Sling TV too and they would have fit my needs with my current Chromecast for two of the TVs. I'd buy a Roku for my family room TV. Thanks for the info.

can I get the Yes Network?
No, it's John & Susan all season long for me. Although, our local nbc affiliate carries the games that are on WPIX in NY. That's probably 20 games or so. Keep in mind that they are also occasionally on Fox and ESPN.

No, it's John & Susan all season long for me. Although, our local nbc affiliate carries the games that are on WPIX in NY. That's probably 20 games or so. Keep in mind that they are also occasionally on Fox and ESPN.
I like listening to John and Susan so I could probably get by with the radio and occasional games on TV. It sucks I can't stream Yes though or MLB and have the game available, I'd gladly pay for it.

I'm ready for spring baseball

I like listening to John and Susan so I could probably get by with the radio and occasional games on TV. It sucks I can't stream Yes though or MLB and have the game available, I'd gladly pay for it.

I'm ready for spring baseball

Go back to the old days of the radio and time warner.

Can you imagine what YES will eventually charge to stream games from an app?

By the way, I bought a Roku stick at Xmas. I bought it specifically for ESPN3 games and summer/fall camping football games. Was able to watch the Siena lax game on the big screen and my kid was able to watch a free stream of Sharknado 3 (lol) before it hit Netflix. So far I love it. Way better than Chromecast. If there was a Discovery Channel App I’d cut the cord.

For $40 you should get one just to have around. Heck I’ve even used it in a hotel room. Perfect.

Go back to the old days of the radio and time warner.

Can you imagine what YES will eventually charge to stream games from an app?

By the way, I bought a Roku stick at Xmas. I bought it specifically for ESPN3 games and summer/fall camping football games. Was able to watch the Siena lax game on the big screen and my kid was able to watch a free stream of Sharknado 3 (lol) before it hit Netflix. So far I love it. Way better than Chromecast. If there was a Discovery Channel App I’d cut the cord.

For $40 you should get one just to have around. Heck I’ve even used it in a hotel room. Perfect.
I agree about TW. I'm sold on the roku, buying one from Amazon this weekend. thanks everyone for the advice.

The FTC just opened up the digital box and cable companies will have to allow other manufactures products. I imagine they will be built with plugin for Roku etc.

As for Roku, we ditched TWC at home and don't miss it. We have an HDTV antenna and get the local channels just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom