Question about the bowl system for 2014? | Syracusefan.com

Question about the bowl system for 2014?

Alsacs

Living Legend
With the Orange, Rose, Sugar, Chick-Fil-A. Fiesta, Cotton bowls as the playoff destination bowls how will the Fiesta, Chick-Fil-A, Cotton Bowls be decided if they aren't playoff bowls.

We know the Orange will be ACC vs. B1G/SEC/ND, Rose will be B1G vs. P12, Sugar will be SEC vs Big 12, but what about the Cotton, Chick-Fil-A, and Fiesta? We know the best Mid/Major conference of 5 team will get a bid somewhere, but what about the other 5 slots ? Will they be the 5 best teams or what? If they are free agent bowls I would hope the ACC would try to make contingency plans for the Chick-Fil-A bowl as it is a great bowl IMO.

The ACC is guaranteed the Orange Bowl after the 2014 and 2016 seasons (Year #1 and #3 of the rotation)

During the 2015 season (Year #2 of the rotation), the Orange will be one of the semi-finals, along with the Cotton. Assuming that the Rose and Sugar will already be committed to B1G/PAC/SEC/B12, the only two other bowls available that year would be the Chick-Fil-A and Fiesta.

Pretty sure the people in ATL would prefer an ACC team that year.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/

I believe a selection committee will pick all the bowl teams, and there is no longer a restriction of only 2 teams from each conference.

The ACC is guaranteed the Orange Bowl after the 2014 and 2016 seasons (Year #1 and #3 of the rotation)

During the 2015 season (Year #2 of the rotation), the Orange will be one of the semi-finals, along with the Cotton. Assuming that the Rose and Sugar will already be committed to B1G/PAC/SEC/B12, the only two other bowls available that year would be the Chick-Fil-A and Fiesta.

Pretty sure the people in ATL would prefer an ACC team that year.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/

I believe a selection committee will pick all the bowl teams, and there is no longer a restriction of only 2 teams from each conference.
Thanks, I agree the ACC champ will be Miami or Atlanta whenever its makes sense with the Orange as a playoff spot. If the selection committee picks all the bowls then I am glad, and the bowls won't just pick the team that will travel, but teams that deserve premiere games. The Sugar, Rose, Orange whenever not semi-final or final spots will be SEC vs. Big XII for the Sugar, Pac 12 vs. B1G for the Rose, and ACC vs. ND/SEC/B1G, so the selection committee would be picking the 5 best at-larges and best mid-major team that is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom