Question for frequent travelers | Syracusefan.com

Question for frequent travelers

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Nervous to pull the trigger on a flight and need some advice if folks think it's possible. Tampa to Dublin via Dulles. Connection time at Dulles is only 46 minutes. We wouldn't have any checked bags so 0 worry about that. This flight is $80 cheaper x 2 and chops total travel time from 12 hours to 10. It's perfect but I'm pretty damn scared of that connection time on an international flight. Everything United at Dulles should be in terminal C so it seems quite doable but I would sure be a little more content if it was an hour. Would be the last flight heading to Dublin for the night.

I’d do it, especially since you don’t have luggage and you wouldn’t have to ride around on those huge bus things at Dulles.

Nervous to pull the trigger on a flight and need some advice if folks think it's possible. Tampa to Dublin via Dulles. Connection time at Dulles is only 46 minutes. We wouldn't have any checked bags so 0 worry about that. This flight is $80 cheaper x 2 and chops total travel time from 12 hours to 10. It's perfect but I'm pretty damn scared of that connection time on an international flight. Everything United at Dulles should be in terminal C so it seems quite doable but I would sure be a little more content if it was an hour. Would be the last flight heading to Dublin for the night.
It's risky.

But so is the mud butt.

I’d roll the dice. It’s always about the fewest connections and shortest possible travel time with me. If I ever traveled on my own dime price would certainly factor in.

Have fun in Dublin, I was there a few months ago. If you can get some time, head out into the country side of Ireland. IMHO that is where the real beauty is.

Have fun in Dublin, I was there a few months ago. If you can get some time, head out into the country side of Ireland. IMHO that is where the real beauty is.

Agree. Been twice including for St Patricks Day. Love it.

We can agree to disagree. I've been to quite a few places in Ireland/Europe and Dublin wasn't high on my list. Limerick was one of my favorite Irish towns.

Dublin was just too big/touristy for me. To each their own though.

The "Beanhive" is a great little place. Serves a full irish all day

Attachments

• beanhive.jpg
    beanhive.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
My favorite town in Ireland was a place called Westport in Co. Mayo. Cliffs of Moher and Cobh were also favorites.

Will likely try to get to Cork this summer. We drove from Galway to the Cliffs of Moher. BEAUTIFUL countryside.

I really liked Galway. My wife has been to Ireland 8 times.
If you can, read "A Course called Ireland"

We can agree to disagree. I've been to quite a few places in Ireland/Europe and Dublin wasn't high on my list. Limerick was one of my favorite Irish towns.

Dublin was just too big/touristy for me. To each their own though.

The "Beanhive" is a great little place. Serves a full irish all day

Was agreeing with you

Outside the city is 100% better.

United does that to me frequently. I have only missed one connection I believe, and that was combined with arriving 20 minutes late on the previous flight.

United does that to me frequently. I have only missed one connection I believe, and that was combined with arriving 20 minutes late on the previous flight.

Figure they wouldn't offer it if chances were too slim. Causes them headaches.

Was agreeing with you

Outside the city is 100% better.

Ah ok, my mistake.

FYI, for anyone living in the Northeast, you can fly to Ireland round trip for about $300-400 USD per person using Norwegian Air out of Newburgh NY. My wife and I have flown to Europe several times using this airline and it's definitively not bad for the price.

True story: I had a "nightmare" the other night where I was in Ireland for about a week, then about an hour before my return flight home I realized that I hadn't had a Guiness or a full irish there.

Ah ok, my mistake.

FYI, for anyone living in the Northeast, you can fly to Ireland round trip for about $300-400 USD per person using Norwegian Air out of Newburgh NY. My wife and I have flown to Europe several times using this airline and it's definitively not bad for the price.

True story: I had a "nightmare" the other night where I was in Ireland for about a week, then about an hour before my return flight home I realized that I hadn't had a Guiness or a full irish there.

I'm all Beamish when I'm there.

If you've got some extra time, I'd recommend going to up to Belfast; it's a three hour train ride from Dublin. There's a bunch of things to do in Northern Ireland.

I've got a trip to England this spring and I'm hoping to stop in Belfast for a day or two.

If you've got some extra time, I'd recommend going to up to Belfast; it's a three hour train ride from Dublin. There's a bunch of things to do in Northern Ireland.

I've got a trip to England this spring and I'm hoping to stop in Belfast for a day or two.

Spent 2 days in Belfast on a previous trip. Was a bizarre city, though it was mostly closed down for Easter during the time I was there.

I loved Belfast. I also agree with a couple others on Dublin being one of my less favorite spots in Ireland - I have no idea why, but I'd even call it one of my least favorite cities in Europe. Although Kilmainham Gaol was kind of cool.

Ireland is one of the few places where I found the cliche about the people to hold true - you really encounter a lot of friendly/chatty people.

I loved Belfast. I also agree with a couple others on Dublin being one of my less favorite spots in Ireland - I have no idea why, but I'd even call it one of my least favorite cities in Europe. Although Kilmainham Gaol was kind of cool.

Ireland is one of the few places where I found the cliche about the people to hold true - you really encounter a lot of friendly/chatty people.
They like beer!

It's very true. We made friends with a couple people at a pub on St Patricks Day a few years ago and befriended them on Twitter and just a few months ago one of them was in Orlando for some Softball tournament that he was playing in and reached out and we drove up for a few drinks one night. Planning on meeting up again while in Dublin for a few nights.

Doing 2 nights in Dublin, 1 in Cork, 2 in Galway, then flying over to Budapest for 3 days and then back to Dublin for a night. 9 nights in any European country is too many for me when there are $50 flights to basically anywhere available.

It's very true. We made friends with a couple people at a pub on St Patricks Day a few years ago and befriended them on Twitter and just a few months ago one of them was in Orlando for some Softball tournament that he was playing in and reached out and we drove up for a few drinks one night. Planning on meeting up again while in Dublin for a few nights.

Doing 2 nights in Dublin, 1 in Cork, 2 in Galway, then flying over to Budapest for 3 days and then back to Dublin for a night. 9 nights in any European country is too many for me when there are $50 flights to basically anywhere available.

I have the same philosophy...it's so easy to bounce around I'm never quite sure why people spend so long in one place. I love London and we go often, but my GF will often stay for 7-10 days with some day trips to a place like Bath maybe, but I always jump about at least once as it's just crazy not to.

Budapest might be my favorite city in Europe. I need to get back there and also see more of Croatia...love that country. That's a great trip you have planned.