Question for TV Professionals Re Big Ten Network | Syracusefan.com

Question for TV Professionals Re Big Ten Network

OrangePA

Living Legend
I heard Jack Arute today indicate on XM College Football that Maryland and Rutgers fans will rarely see their team play on the Big Ten Network.

He made the comment in the context of Tier 1 and Tier 3 games.

I didn't catch the entire comment.

Wondering if anybody has any insight on that issue.

its a ploy to get nyc and maryland cable companies to put big 10 network on their standard subscriptions (as opposed to a sports package)

Listening to Jack Arute on Ch 91 is non productive...he is very misinformed about so many issues concerning the ACC/realignment.

Tier 1 games are generally those that are of national or super-regional interest. Usually these Tier 1 games are between top teams or feature traditional grudge matches like the Backyard Brawl. So I can see why Arute doesn't think anyone will be seeing Rutgers and Maryland on many Tier 1 broadcasts.

I heard Jack Arute today indicate on XM College Football that Maryland and Rutgers fans will rarely see their team play on the Big Ten Network.

He made the comment in the context of Tier 1 and Tier 3 games.

I didn't catch the entire comment.

Wondering if anybody has any insight on that issue.
While hugly funny I'm betting there is no validity to that comment.They will be on the air as the schedule dictates re. Wand Ls If a game is deemed important enough and the anticipated viewing audience is on the table the two schools will be on TV on their network.Its alwaythe $ thats going to decide. zFollow the $ and you won't lose sight of the answers.

Tier 1 games are generally those that are of national or super-regional interest. Usually these Tier 1 games are between top teams or feature traditional grudge matches like the Backyard Brawl. So I can see why Arute doesn't think anyone will be seeing Rutgers and Maryland on many Tier 1 broadcasts.

Based on that logic, Rutgers will be Tier 5. Seriously, who is Rutgers grudge match or nationally interesting game? UConn? Temple? I see Michigan, OSU, PSU and Nebraska doing what they can to avoid playing Rutgers. Even with those headliners, the Rutgers games would be only of regional interest.