Question on UNC injury | Syracusefan.com

Question on UNC injury

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
The one where they took the kid off in a cart. I can see why it took time to put an air cast on and stabilize his injury but why did UNC decide to have the cart stop in front of the visitor’s locker room then walk him with assistance to the locker room adding another huge delay instead of just taking him to the ambulance bay and the hospital? It just seemed a weird, awkward and time consuming way to deal with the poor kids’ injury.

The one where they took the kid off in a cart. I can see why it took time to put an air cast on and stabilize his injury but why did they park the cart in front of the visitor’s locker room then walk him with assistance to the locker room adding another huge delay instead of just taking him to the ambulance bay and the hospital? It just seemed a weird, awkward and time consuming way to deal with the poor kids’ injury.

I agree. I would like to hear an explanation why they took him off the cart. Very strange.

Looked to me as if the cart couldn't be driven down the hallway to the locker room.
1540082351581.gif

The one where they took the kid off in a cart. I can see why it took time to put an air cast on and stabilize his injury but why did UNC decide to have the cart stop in front of the visitor’s locker room then walk him with assistance to the locker room adding another huge delay instead of just taking him to the ambulance bay and the hospital? It just seemed a weird, awkward and time consuming way to deal with the poor kids’ injury.
Yeah, that was strange. Maybe they don't trust our hospitals.

Did that trainer get it relocated ? He was trying to pull it back into place

I sit right above the visitor’s tunnel. there was a UNC trainer calling the shots. SU was just driving the cart.

There’s no way the trainer was getting it relocated with an OR. If you freeze frame you can see the bunch of the ligaments. He’s going to need big time surgery. Inexcusable that they didn’t go straight to the hospital.