Question? | Syracusefan.com

Question?

CU44SE

All Conference
So recently I was reading somewhere that Syracuse almost became a public university at one point in its history. Looked around a little bit and didn't find anything, but was wondering if anyone on this board heard this before and would like to share any info?

To piggyback off this question, does anyone see the University significantly increasing it's enrollment at some point in the future?

Two questions:

1. where would this significant number of students come from? At $60,000/year it's not exactly an inexpensive choice.

2. where would you house these students? Ernie Davis Hall was the first new dorm in forever.

You'd probably need to add an academic building as well.

Continued slow growth, sure. Quick, significant growth? I doubt it.

So recently I was reading somewhere that Syracuse almost became a public university at one point in its history. Looked around a little bit and didn't find anything, but was wondering if anyone on this board heard this before and would like to share any info?

To piggyback off this question, does anyone see the University significantly increasing it's enrollment at some point in the future?
I've never heard anything about SU almost becoming a public university. I assume that would mean New York state making an offer to buy them. Or maybe Onondaga County?

I am pretty sure that when SUNY was conceived Syracuse University was asked to become part of the system.

As were Harpur College and other private schools who opted for SUNY participation.

Syracuse school of forestry became part of SUNY and they are housed on SU campus and take academic courses at SU I believe.

I know that Cornell was an original Land Grant University but I never heard of SU being close to going public.

He may be referring to the fact that when the NYS Senate passed the original land grant bill, the City of Syracuse attempted to lure Ezra Cornell and Andrew White to found their university in Syracuse as opposed to Ithaca where it finally wound up.

He may be referring to the fact that when the NYS Senate passed the original land grant bill, the City of Syracuse attempted to lure Ezra Cornell and Andrew White to found their university in Syracuse as opposed to Ithaca where it finally wound up.
Nard Dog, is this you?

I don't know how you define "significant" but the school's enrollment went up by almost 2000 from my freshman year to when I graduated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom