Quick and Dirty (in a good way) | Syracusefan.com

Quick and Dirty (in a good way)

CA Monk

I'm Woke, But I'm Very Groggy.
Quick and dirty hopes (the SU Football kind):
1. There’s a season
2. The OL is adequate to good
3. The receiving corps is good to great. Someone or 2 emerges. Slot receiver catches 85% of targets.
4. New schemes under incoming DC and OC work well with our personnel.
5. Tommie Boy makes the intangibles tangible.
6. One of the back-up QBs on the roster distinguishes himself.
7. Ex-Oklahoma running back Abdul Adams puts up Marcus Dupree like numbers. Jarveon is the second coming of Delone Carter (minus the snowball) and Jawhar Jordan is a revelation.
8. The Heid’s Dome renovation provides glitz, glamour and buzz (and better hot dogs)
9. Team stays motivated and hungry now that they don’t begin the season ranked #22
10. Special teams, turnover margin and third down conversion’s are all well above average.
11. Other ACC teams suck in 2020 making our ascendancy easier.
12. Breakout seasons for Caleb O, Kingsley J, Harris, Bergeron, Tisdale, C Jackson and the new punter.
13. We go bowling (party) like it’s 1999
14. My name is Stephen Crane and I approved this message.
LGO Baby!

Last edited:
Quick and dirty hopes (the SU Football kind):
1. There’s a season
2. The OL is adequate to good
3. The receiving corps is good to great. Someone or 2 emerges. Slot receiver catches 85% of targets.
4. New schemes under incoming DC and OC work well with our personnel.
5. Tommie Boy makes the intangibles tangible.
6. One of the back-up QBs on the roster distinguishes himself.
7. Ex-Oklahoma running back Abdul Adams puts up Marcus Dupree like numbers. Jarveon is the second coming Delone Carter (minus the snowball) and Jawhar Jordan is a revelation.
8. The Heid’s Dome renovation provides glitz, glamour and buzz (and better hot dogs)
9. Team stays motivated and hungry now that they don’t begin the season ranked #22
10. Special teams, turnover margin and third down conversion’s are all well above average.
11. Other ACC teams suck in 2020 making our ascendancy easier.
12. Breakout seasons for Caleb O, Kingsley J, Harris, Bergeron, Tisdale, C Jackson and the new punter.
13. We go bowling (party) like it’s 1999
14. My name is Stephen Crane and I approved this message.
LGO Baby!
For this post, I give you the Red Badge of Courage.

And King Andy tinkles all over our burning ember of fandom with his no fan wish at stadiums this Fall despite being almost 4 months away.

No way...worst case have face masks and 25% capacity...but let's make that decision in July.

And King Andy tinkles all over our burning ember of fandom with his no fan wish at stadiums this Fall despite being almost 4 months away.

No way...worst case have face masks and 25% capacity...but let's make that decision in July.
Sort of moving in that direction.
if we get by BC and Rutgers on the road, we then have Colgate home and WMU away. I have no idea how capable this team is this year, but after that 5 of next eight are at home. Schedule is OK. The potential is there. The potential for what is the question.

lottery ?
Just spit ballin here as it requires a lot more thought: STHers in donor priority rank to a point, parents 2 per player, band 100%, administration 200 total?, Students 500-1000, opposing fans block 150, cheerleaders only home team 100%, finally a lottery for the rest of the STHers to get a limited number each game.

The highest level donors would be asked if some want to bow out. No harm, no foul as they could keep their seats in 21.

Just spit ballin here as it requires a lot more thought: STHers in donor priority rank to a point, parents 2 per player, band 100%, administration 200 total?, Students 500-1000, opposing fans block 150, cheerleaders only home team 100%, finally a lottery for the rest of the STHers to get a limited number each game.
I think though that in order to "social distance", STHers of high priority will not all sit in their assigned seats and I would assume some might even have to sit in seats they won't like. Then for those who didn't get in, we will get a refund. Lots of moving parts to consider.

That's a good proposal. I was wondering about STH but donor priority rank makes sense. You mentioned some groups that I never even considered that have to be accounted for. Good thing I'm not in charge.

I think though that in order to "social distance", STHers of high priority will not all sit in their assigned seats and I would assume some might even have to sit in seats they won't like. Then for those who didn't get in, we will get a refund. Lots of moving parts to consider.
True...and let's be brutally honest: Some of them don't show up either, some have comorbitities, some will refuse to play along and not respond or will create a scene on game day. There will be issues but it can be massaged.

The university I'm sure will allow STH'ers not picked a refund of money or the ability to move that amount into the Orange Club to boost their standing in '21.

The highest level donors would be asked if some want to bow out. No harm, no foul as they could keep their seats in 21.
Seating could be staggered if everyone agrees. Bathrooms and concessions will be tough - with the concourses being narrow. And are we testing? Might be a quick litmus/saliva test by then.

Hard to turn away private box owners. Maybe six people per box. That could get dicey.

The university I'm sure will allow STH'ers not picked a refund of money or the ability to move that amount into the Orange Club to boost their standing in '21.

Not liking this...at all.

And are we testing? Might be a quick litmus/saliva test by then.
No but you’ll have to be chipped with the mark of the beast to prove you’re vaccinated and compliant. Those who go along willingly will be rewarded with the best seats and Amazon gift cards. That way everyone will feel safe.

How many STH did we have last season?

Not sure a band plays right now.. If they cant play will many wany to be there? The bands i know about are being told already to not plan on playing in the fall. If yelling spreads the virus the Tomcat Tubas got to be even worse.

No but you’ll have to be chipped with the mark of the beast to prove you’re vaccinated and compliant. Those who go along willingly will be rewarded with the best seats and Amazon gift cards. That way everyone will feel safe.
If you don't want to go for a personal safety issue... don't go. Your seats will be there in '21. Others (me included) will do a risk assessment and will plan to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom