Quick Game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Game thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Frustrating that we basically had one guy to watch out for, Akers, and we let him kill us. When you're playing a True freshman QB who is clearly struggling with confidence, the perfect way to give it to him is to turn the ball over in the 1st drive (check), totally blow a coverage (check), let his RB kill you (Check, Check). This was the year to catch FSU when they were wounded
  • Can we have a new rule for our Offense-No sideline passes for the 1st drive?
  • I won't kill Dino for going for the TD at the end of the 1st half. We wanted more aggressive. We got it.
  • Am I the only one who feels every time a play makes it past Bennett and Franklin, it's going to go for a TD?
  • Ish and ERV showed up, like they do every game. Hope Dino's recruits will do the same.
  • Want Mo Moe.
  • If you're going to mostly leave Strickland in to block at the end, why not use Pierce there? Felt we forgot about him
  • OL was OK
  • Who were worse, the announcers with their frequent mistakes or the camera crew which missed several plays? I vote B, but it was close.
  • Alton Robinson was excellent, probably our best Defensive player yesterday. Second ridiculous Roughing the passer FSU benefited from in 3 weeks (Horrible call against Louisville)
  • Nice to see Scoop back. He can play
  • What makes Dungey so great is what hurts him (and us) at times. Sometimes the play is just not happening and you have to just concede it to avoid killing the rest of the drive, particularly when time is of the essence. He has a very hard time doing that. He is a warrior, though. Hope he's okay for next game.
  • Don't love the onside kick. Rarely works and puts your Defense up against the wall. Also makes it far more likely the other team will go for it on 4th Down. A little surprised FSU didn't go for it on 4th and 1 in the end. If they didn't mess up the snap, it wouldn't have mattered, as they would have made the 1st down on 3rd.
  • I know Cole had a great game against Miami, but I still had no faith in him making that kick at the end.
  • Am I the only who had a feeling when we were down 27-17 that we'd come back and make it tight, but lose in the end? At this point, we're much better accumulating yards than points. The stats don't lie.
  • Love Dino, but don't know why the constant worry about him leaving. At this point, his resume here is 4-8 and 4-5. He won one game he wasn't supposed to against a team with a severely injured and then backup QB and lost a game against MTSU. As I've said previously, I will be very surprised if he leaves after this year...and if he leaves later in the future (which I don't want), SU Football will go on.

Last edited:
  • Frustrating that we basically had one guy to watch out for, Akers, and we let him kill us. When you're playing a True freshman QB who is clearly struggling with confidence, the perfect way to give it to him is to turn the ball over in the 1st drive (check), totally blow a coverage (check), let his RB kill you (Check, Check). This was the year to catch FSU when they were wounded
  • I won't kill Dino for going for the TD at the end of the 1st half. We wanted more aggressive. We got it.
  • Am I the only one who feels every time a play makes it past Bennett and Franklin, it's going to go for a TD?
  • Ish and ERV showed up, like they do every game. Hope Dino's recruits will do the same.
  • If you're going to mostly leave Strickland in to block at the end, why not use Pierce there? Felt we forgot about him
  • OL was OK
  • Who were worse, the announcers with their frequent mistakes or the camera crew which missed several plays?
  • Alton Robinson was excellent, probably our best Defensive player yesterday. Second ridiculous Roughing the passer FSU benefited from in 3 weeks (Horrible call against Louisville)
  • Nice to see Scoop back. He can play
  • What makes Dungey so great is what hurts him (and us) at times. Sometimes the play is just not happening and you have to just concede it to avoid killing the rest of the drive, particularly when time is of the essence. He has a very hard time doing that.
  • Don't love the onside kick. Rarely works and puts your Defense up against the wall. Also makes it far more likely the other team will go for it on 4th Down. A little surprised FSU didn't go for it on 4th and 1 in the end. If they didn't mess up the snap, it wouldn't have mattered, as they would have made the 1st down on 3rd.
  • I know Cole had a great game against Miami, but I still had no faith in him making that kick at the end.
  • Am I the only who had a feeling when we were down 27-17 that we'd come back and make it tight, but lose in the end? At this point, we're much better accumulating yards than points. The stats don't lie.
  • Love Dino, but don't know why the constant worry about him leaving. At this point, his resume here is 4-8 and 4-5. He won one game he wasn't supposed to against a team with a severely injured and then backup QB and lost a game against MTSU. As I've said previously, I will be very surprised if he leaves after this year...and if he leaves later in the future, SU Football will go on.
Oh boy, better put your helmet on! Incoming!

Dungey is a bit like Aaron Rodgers. They're both white QBs.

Also they are very good at extending plays and turning nothing into something but sometimes that leads to them taking unnecessary sacks. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Dungey is a bit like Aaron Rodgers. They're both white QBs.

Also they are very good at extending plays and turning nothing into something but sometimes that leads to them taking unnecessary sacks. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Maybe more like Cam. Rodgers is way more saavy and disciplined than Dungey. I like Dungey but he takes a beating like Cam or like Vick did. Those sideline throws have got to freaking stop at the beginning of games.

Last edited:
Maybe more like Cam. Rodgers is way more savvy and disciplined than Dungey. I like Dungey but he takes a beating like Cam or like Vick did. Those sideline throws have got to freaking stop at the beginning of games.

That's a good comparison actually except Cam is black so sorry not allowed.

His worst hits are usually the unnecessary ones
Maybe more like Cam. Rodgers is way more saavy and disciplined than Dungey. I like Dungey but he takes a beating like Cam or like Vick did. Those sideline throws have got to freaking stop at the beginning of games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom