Quick post SU-VT thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick post SU-VT thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Allen Griffin was unquestionably the MVP of that game. He was everywhere, doing everything. I hope he has a epiphany from this game that he can dominate a game without forcing 3's. He is deadly from mid-range.
  • Liked seeing Dolezaj be aggressive-Can he maintain it?
  • There's generally 2 keys for us every game-Shot selection and being competitive on the boards. It's not a coincidence we played so well when taking relatively few 3's. I was thrilled when seeing the halftime stats that we had only taken 6 3's in the 1st half. We were able to win big w/o shooting well from outside and played to our strengths-Getting it inside to Guerrier and Dolezaj and they were scoring and getting to the FT line
  • Refs definitely helped us this game, actually calling fouls against the opposition when they were pushing us around
  • Loved seeing Richmond hit his only 3 towards the end-Good for his confidence. Did you see the quote from Dolezaj that Richmond is probably our true point guard?
  • Think Girard only forced 1 shot the whole game
  • For a guy who's considered such a good shooter, I'm surprised how streaky Buddy seems to be from 3.
  • Like when this is my complaint-No reason to keep the starters in after the last timeout with 2 and a half minutes left. Why risk an injury to a starter with the game out of reach when you can throw a bone to your reserves who could probably use a little time to get off the cobwebs

All your points are well taken in my opinion. Going inside is all relative to the size of the opponents down low. Did you see that short guy that was covering Quincy quite a lot? Marek has shown he can go by a big dude in the middle.

I was thinking the exact same thing regarding your last point. The only reason I can see for that is to keep the starters playing considering all the pauses we have had. Also, keeping them in tune I guess for the big game Monday. Didn't see anyone ask JB that question in the presser.

I was thinking the exact same thing regarding your last point. The only reason I can see for that is to keep the starters playing considering all the pauses we have had. Also, keeping them in tune I guess for the big game Monday. Didn't see anyone ask JB that question in the presser.
I don't think anyone asked JB that question, b/c it's something he does every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom