Quick thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick thoughts

cuseguy

Living Legend
I did my best to promote UConn's candidacy. I really did. But when 10 of the 11 votes are coming from southern schools, did UConn really have a chance?

Looking forward to my move to Louisville. Many thanks, Chip. Should be sweet.

If it's true that Syracuse went to bat for Louisville, then it is true: BC and Syracuse have been trying to separate themselves from UConn.

But that's funny, if true, because the ACC chose the Ville over UConn when SU and BC see the Huskies as a threat in the northeast.

We had the feeling it would be primarily a football decision. Okay, did anyone bother to check UConn's record against SU, Louisville and Pitt over the last seven years? UConn is 4-3 against Louisville, 5-2 against SU and 4-3 against Pitt.

Or maybe basketball played a part? UConn has won three national titles in the last 13 years. Louisville? None.

Watching Syracuse play a number of football and basketball games close to home over the last 30 years has been great.

But I look at this way: I'll save a ton of money sitting on the couch.

You almost sound like you're defending UConn over SU at this point. How many bedrooms and bathrooms you want? I'm going on Trulia now. I'll right this ship for you.

It really is remarkable to me that I live in the heart of ACC country and on the edge of Big East country and I'll not be able to see my team play in person unless I drive a minimum of 3 hours (with no traffic) to Charlottesville. And that's if UVA stays. That is honestly unthinkable.

You almost sound like you're defending UConn over SU at this point. How many bedrooms and bathrooms you want? I'm going on Trulia now. I'll right this ship for you.

I'm still defending UConn.

But I'm ready to move on.

Just a bad nightmare.

It really is remarkable to me that I live in the heart of ACC country and on the edge of Big East country and I'll not be able to see my team play in person unless I drive a minimum of 3 hours (with no traffic) to Charlottesville. And that's if UVA stays. That is honestly unthinkable.

I'd be more excited about having BC. A relatively close game for me. However, BC is awful in basketball and football, the atmoshere there is terrible and it appears the BC football game will be played every year the day after Thanksgiving. Non-starter for me.

We had the feeling it would be primarily a football decision. Okay, did anyone bother to check UConn's record against SU, Louisville and Pitt over the last seven years? UConn is 4-3 against Louisville, 5-2 against SU and 4-3 against Pitt.

BFD. Do you buy a stock that's peaked, or do you buy on that has lots of upside opportunity? Louisville, Pitt, and Syracuse may not have been world beaters...but in projecting the future I think most people would have bet money they would outperform UConn in football.

BFD. Do you buy a stock that's peaked, or do you buy on that has lots of upside opportunity? Louisville, Pitt, and Syracuse may not have been world beaters...but in projecting the future I think most people would have bet money they would outperform UConn in football.

Louisville is West Virginia in different uniforms. Vastly overrated program.

Louisville is West Virginia in different uniforms. Vastly overrated program.

Your geographic location has completely clouded your vision of the perception of the two respective football programs. Louisville, already a solid program with really good fan support, has the potential to be Clemson v.2. Uconn is perceived as a bball school. Louisville will absolutely flourish in the ACC and strengthen the football side significantly. This was an absolute no-brainer and there is a reason that the university presidents looked the other way when it came to Louisville's academics.

I did my best to promote UConn's candidacy. I really did. But when 10 of the 11 votes are coming from southern schools, did UConn really have a chance?

Looking forward to my move to Louisville. Many thanks, Chip. Should be sweet.

If it's true that Syracuse went to bat for Louisville, then it is true: BC and Syracuse have been trying to separate themselves from UConn.

But that's funny, if true, because the ACC chose the Ville over UConn when SU and BC see the Huskies as a threat in the northeast.

Or maybe basketball played a part? UConn has won three national titles in the last 13 years. Louisville? None.

Watching Syracuse play a number of football and basketball games close to home over the last 30 years has been great.

But I look at this way: I'll save a ton of money sitting on the couch.
Well in the south history and tradition count, so Johnny come latelys beware.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom