Quiet | Syracusefan.com

Quiet

cusect

Walk On
To all you whiny little snots out there, I don't like how this season went as much as anyone else. And I think there was too much daddy ball out there also. I agree JB is well past his prime and may need a permanent vacation on the golf course, but give the man respect for building a 50 year program that was as enjoyable as any other program in the nation. The amazing moments, as well as the sad defeats, were worth every second of his 50 year career. I agree he should of went out with his kids, but Big East Championships, Final Fours, and a National Championship to boot is more than anyone could of asked for out of a frigid northern town in New York. He is the Krzyzewski of the north and deserves every bit of respect for his effort and loyalty to the university. I can't say I agreed with everything about him but he won, flat out, he won a hell of a lot more than he lost and made us all spoiled. He was a Big East kingpin in the greatest basketball league known to America. If you young snobs don't know the history of Syracuse basketball, then stop posting. Boeheim gave us more than we deserved.

To all you whiny little snots out there, I don't like how this season went as much as anyone else. And I think there was too much daddy ball out there also. I agree JB is well past his prime and may need a permanent vacation on the golf course, but give the man respect for building a 50 year program that was as enjoyable as any other program in the nation. The amazing moments, as well as the sad defeats, were worth every second of his 50 year career. I agree he should of went out with his kids, but Big East Championships, Final Fours, and a National Championship to boot is more than anyone could of asked for out of a frigid northern town in New York. He is the Krzyzewski of the north and deserves every bit of respect for his effort and loyalty to the university. I can't say I agreed with everything about him but he won, flat out, he won a hell of a lot more than he lost and made us all spoiled. He was a Big East kingpin in the greatest basketball league known to America. If you young snobs don't know the history of Syracuse basketball, then stop posting. Boeheim gave us more than we deserved.
Was this post for JB, or for you?

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

It’s ironic that Coach K just lost a home game to North Carolina. He just led in a game to Carolina two weeks ago 33-8, but yesterday he all of a sudden forgot how to coach. I guess once you’re over 70 things crash pretty quickly.

Is Boeheim being the "Krzyzewski of the North" kinda like Harvard being the Stansbury of the East?
Random share: in an email exchange between two of my coworkers the other day, a Duke alum and a Harvard alum, the Duke guy referred to Harvard as “the Duke of the North” as a friendly jab.

2 things

1- Jim’s been fantastic for this university and town. No one has ever said different. This is about the here and now.

2- Jim is not on the same level as coach K. And that is okay, he has been one of the top coaches in America the last 50 years. But he is not on K’s level.

I don't think so. Townie would have never gone this far - I agree JB is well past his prime and may need a permanent vacation on the golf course
Townie doesn’t show unless there is a full frontal attack on the zone …. He has an advanced cross technological notification system in that case

So you're trying to say... Boeheim is the K in the North?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom