Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I suspected. Clueless

Which one looks foolish out of the three posts?

Clueless...

DAF6095C-4F21-461A-852C-0FB6DEE1A318.jpeg

Honest To God, you should be banned for life for this picture. Or at least made to walk the walk of atonement. What is wrong with you?
Anybody who brags about sweet 16s like they’re national championships should be banned for life.

I don’t care how many titles UConn has, I care that we should have more than them or at least half as many.

They don't hang banners for really good Februaries. Of course it's the tournament that matters.
They do for league titles though. I’d like to start getting those again. 2012 was our last one? It’s time.

Duke sucked this year. UNC has been a bit down and has a new coach. There’s no reason whatsoever that Virginia should be some unbeatable program for us in this regard.

League title or bust next year.

And then, in a one and done tourney anything can happen so who knows? Hoping to root for a really good basketball team.

Last edited:
Anybody who brags about sweet 16s like they’re national championships should be banned for life.

I don’t care how many titles UConn has, I care that we should have more than them or at least half as many.
No one here has ever talked about sweet 16's like they were national championships. Name the people that have done that and share those posts. Try staying in the real world, just for a bit. They are however, an accomplishment. And I would say, more of an accomplishment then some random wins in the regular season. You jumped the shark a long time ago. Get a grip.

No one here has ever talked about sweet 16's like they were national championships. Name the people that have done that and share those posts. Try staying in the real world, just for a bit. They are however, an accomplishment. And I would say, more of an accomplishment then some random wins in the regular season. You jumped the shark a long time ago. Get a grip.
Is it an accomplishment? Sure, is it something to brag about year after year and a symbol of great success? Absolutely not.

They do for league titles though. I’d like to start getting those again. 2012 was our last one? It’s time.

Duke sucked this year. UNC has been a bit down and has a new coach. There’s no reason whatsoever that Virginia should be some unbeatable program for us in this regard.

League title or bust next year.

And then, in a one and done tourney anything can happen so who knows? Hoping to root for a really good basketball team.
Here is the problem with this league talk. If we had a round robin, sure. But one good team could have a really good lopsided schedule that gives them an unfair advantage. And we won't know that until after the season is over. That is what sucks about the way league schedules are in todays hoop.

Is it an accomplishment? Sure, is it something to brag about year after year and a symbol of great success? Absolutely not.
You mean, if a team went to the sweet 16 10 years in a row, that wouldn't be an amazing accomplishment? Only three have gone to 3 in the last 5 tournaments. It's hard. You know, I often wonder how all of us would stack up in our lives if we were put to the same standard we apply to our teams to ourselves. I think not so well.

Here is the problem with this league talk. If we had a round robin, sure. But one good team could have a really good lopsided schedule that gives them an unfair advantage. And we won't know that until after the season is over. That is what sucks about the way league schedules are in todays hoop.
Considering we’ve won a handful of ACC tournament games since we joined I don’t think it’s applied to us. We’re the ACC version of Big East Pitt.

You mean, if a team went to the sweet 16 10 years in a row, that wouldn't be an amazing accomplishment? Only three have gone to 3 in the last 5 tournaments. It's hard. You know, I often wonder how all of us would stack up in our lives if we were put to the same standard we apply to our teams. I think not so well.
If we were that consistent then it’s different, but we haven’t been to 10 in a row, when we do it the next 9 years then we can revisit this conversation.

Considering we’ve won a handful of ACC tournament games since we joined I don’t think it’s applied to us. We’re the ACC version of Big East Pitt.
I didn't say it did. JFC I was actually referring to going forward.

If we were that consistent then it’s different, but we haven’t been to 10 in a row, when we do it the next 9 years then we can revisit this conversation.
No. That isn't what you said. You said to go to the sweet 16 year after year isn't something to brag about as if it is a great success. Now you say well, we can revisit it. Just stop. We all know where we have been in the recent past. I swear, if we do well next year, some of you are going to be unhappy. Want proof of that, take a look at the reaction to our play at the end of the year. I need to start using the ignore button a lot more.

Start winning games and put ourselves in the picture consistently and that will break our way at times. If we keep going 13-5 and falling short because of the schedule, I’m ok with that because I know we’re right there and will get one soon.

No. That isn't what you said. You said to go to the sweet 16 year after year isn't something to brag about as if it is a great success. now you say well, we can revisit it. Just stop. We all know where we have been in the recent past. I swear, if we do well next year, some of you are going to be unhappy. Want proof of that, take a look at the reaction to our play at the end of the year. I need to start using the ignore button a lot more.
I’ll be very happy if we win 20 games, is that the standard we’ve gotten to?

I’m glad you’re comfortable and happy with how this team is and has been. We have the tools, have had players, and have had success and then it just stopped. The final fours were awesome and I’ll hang that banner every day, but it’s been too long since since before every game I was confident we’d win. Looking at schedules now is beyond frustrating knowing you can chalk up 10+ losses every year. That sucks.

I’ll be very happy if we win 20 games, is that the standard we’ve gotten to?

I’m glad you’re comfortable and happy with how this team is and has been. We have the tools, have had players, and have had success and then it just stopped. The final fours were awesome and I’ll hang that banner every day, but it’s been too long since since before every game I was confident we’d win. Looking at schedules now is beyond frustrating knowing you can chalk up 10+ losses every year. That sucks.
I don't think we lose 10 games next season. And the schedule is brutal. I just looked at the last 10 years. 2 final fours. a elite 8 and 2 sweet 16's. I'm sorry that isn't up to the standards that you demand. Sorry. If the next 10 years give us the same tournament results, I'll do a dance in the middle of the Varsity.

I don't think we lose 10 games next season. And the schedule is brutal. I just looked at the last 10 years. 2 final fours. a elite 8 and 2 sweet 16's. I'm sorry that isn't up to the standards that you demand. Sorry. If the next 10 years give us the same tournament results, I'll do a dance in the middle of the Varsity.
With your knee?

We lost 4 out of our 5 best players and don’t have a point guard. I hope you’re right but I don’t see it and I’d never bet against Syracuse, but I wouldn’t even bet on a 20 win year. I don’t think we’re as good as last year and our schedule like you said is far more difficult. If any coach watched us this past year the game plan should be simple against us, we’re in a ton of trouble against any team that is going to pressure the ball.

We lost 4 out of our 5 best players and don’t have a point guard. I hope you’re right but I don’t see it and I’d never bet against Syracuse, but I wouldn’t even bet on a 20 win year. I don’t think we’re as good as last year and our schedule like you said is far more difficult. If any coach watched us this past year the game plan should be simple against us, we’re in a ton of trouble against any team that is going to pressure the ball.
We lost some guys that didn't help us win. Swider is an elite shooter. And he is big. Jess will be here during the summer. I'm not even counting on Sidibe but I know the coaches are. We will have size at the back of the zone that JB dreams of. Buddy is a star. And the wy he works, he is only going to get better. Oh, and I guess benny is okay.I think the board Cooney, I mean Joe, can have a bounce back year. We will be big on defense instead of small and we will shoot the crap out of the ball. We will be fun to watch. At the very least, why are you so down on Torrence? Or did you forget about him?

Relax Charlie.

With Quincy Kadary returning like they should have we would have been a top 10 team. Now we are still 20 to 25 top 25 ranked team.

We lost some guys that didn't help us win. Swider is an elite shooter. And he is big. Jess will be here during the summer. I'm not even counting on Sidibe but I know the coaches are. We will have size at the back of the zone that JB dreams of. Buddy is a star. And the wy he works, he is only going to get better. Oh, and I guess benny is okay.I think the board Cooney, I mean Joe, can have a bounce back year. We will be big on defense instead of small and we will shoot the crap out of the ball. We will be fun to watch. At the very least, why are you so down on Torrence? Or did you forget about him?
Until Swider proves to be better than Griffin I think it’s fair to call them a wash.

From the defensive side I think we’re better at center.

Agreed on Buddy, he should do better than last year with more shooters on the floor.

I hope Benny is as good as advertised, but I’m not confident he’s seeing 25+ minutes a game come ACC time.

I didn’t forget about Symir, just don’t think he is a big enough difference maker.

We are bigger, but a lot slower, our zone isn’t going to be moving as fast as it has in the past, Joe and Buddy got a lot of help from the forwards last year, don’t think they get that this year. Every year there is a lot of turnover in player personnel our defense suffers, zero doubt it doesn’t this year.

If we’re good, I’ll eat my crow and enjoy the season, I just don’t see it.

Relax Charlie.

With Quincy Kadary returning like they should have we would have been a top 10 team. Now we are still 20 to 25 top 25 ranked team.
I’ll wager an Applebee’s gift card we’re not.

The new ACC commissioner visited SU yesterday and met with admin, coaches and players. The b-ball players in the group picture are Sidibe, Buddy AND Quincy with his arm around Buddy.

The new ACC commissioner visited SU yesterday and met with admin, coaches and players. The b-ball players in the group picture are Sidibe, Buddy AND Quincy with his arm around Buddy.

What the Fudge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors