Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Swider proves to be better than Griffin I think it’s fair to call them a wash.

From the defensive side I think we’re better at center.

Agreed on Buddy, he should do better than last year with more shooters on the floor.

I hope Benny is as good as advertised, but I’m not confident he’s seeing 25+ minutes a game come ACC time.

I didn’t forget about Symir, just don’t think he is a big enough difference maker.

We are bigger, but a lot slower, our zone isn’t going to be moving as fast as it has in the past, Joe and Buddy got a lot of help from the forwards last year, don’t think they get that this year. Every year there is a lot of turnover in player personnel our defense suffers, zero doubt it doesn’t this year.

If we’re good, I’ll eat my crow and enjoy the season, I just don’t see it.
A wash with Griffin? He couldn't stay on the floor for us over the last 6 or so games. If griff was on Nova, how many games would they have started over the last two years? Really, same for Q. Cole is a big upgrade over Griffin. Benny will help decide how good we are next year. If he is what we hope he is, he will play. he will do a lot for us. Including helping against pressure. Skate where the puck is going to be, not where it is.

A wash with Griffin? He couldn't stay on the floor for us over the last 6 or so games. If griff was on Nova, how many games would they have started over the last two years? Really, same for Q. Cole is a big upgrade over Griffin. Benny will help decide how good we are next year. If he is what we hope he is, he will play. he will do a lot for us. Including helping against pressure. Skate where the puck is going to be, not where it is.
And in the beginning of the season when nobody else showed up he did.

And in the beginning of the season when nobody else showed up he did.
Come on. You watched the games at the end of the season. He couldn't stay on the floor here.

And I watched the beginning of the year when he pretty much single handedly won us 6 games.
LOL It is a waste of my time talking with you. You are on ignore. They couldn't play the kid when it counted. Couldn't get him off the floor fast enough. In the Houston game, he forgot what defense we were in and forced Joe G to play underneath. I know everyone we lost was great and everyone we bring in is suspect, Goodbye.

LOL It is a waste of my time talking with you. You are on ignore. They couldn't play the kid when it counted. Couldn't get him off the floor fast enough. In the Houston game, he forgot what defense we were in and forced Joe G to play underneath. I know everyone we lost was great and everyone we bring in is suspect, Goodbye.
Moving goal posts, did he suck at the end of the year? Yes, who’s denying that?

Only on this board is Griffin hot garbage as a player yet Joe Girard is a capable starting point guard.

At the end of the day we lost 4 out of our 5 best players and lost one guy who won most of our early season games and a guy who saved us multiple times throughout the season when we’re down 8 ten minutes in who was the only person who could bring the ball up, but we’re better. Insanity.
4E522D00-D48D-4DCB-A81B-EC1728FC9787.png

Do you have a problem with that for some reason?

Should we be banishing Q because he plans to move on, after giving us 2 years of service?

I think it's kinda cool that he, Buddy, and Boo are the ones chosen to be at this event.
Certainly not excited to see it. He has made a decision that this program is now a detriment to his career. The righteous on the board will take the high road then if he heads to Georgetown will change their tune 2 mins later.

Moving goal posts, did he suck at the end of the year? Yes, who’s denying that?

Only on this board is Griffin hot garbage as a player yet Joe Girard is a capable starting point guard.

At the end of the day we lost 4 out of our 5 best players and lost one guy who won most of our early season games and a guy who saved us multiple times throughout the season when we’re down 8 ten minutes in who was the only person who could bring the ball up, but we’re better. Insanity.
View attachment 200696

I liked Newton a lot. That said for 11 games of PER to be your basis as one of the top 4 players is a helluva long shot.

Kudos to all of you who were pro transfer rule. Saying if coaches can leave without sitting out the athletes should be able to also. Kudos to you all. If not for this transfer rule portal Kadary and Quincy would still be here and with who we have coming in we are a top 10 team next year.
Yes. Young men, primarily African American , should be bound to a school so used car salesman can live vicariously through their exploits.

Yes. Young men, primarily African American , should be bound to a school so used car salesman can live vicariously through their exploits.
Cuse runner is correct that some underclass men wouldn’t have left under the old rules.

But honestly I’m a huge fan of the guys who left yet I think having no frustrated players will lead to a lot of wins and we’ll finally have a good regular season for the first time since 2014.

I also think we’re gonna get 2 years of the same team and no one will leave a year from now.

I’m ready to take a break from kids with a foot out the door for the NBA or another school with more playing time and a coach who isn’t as mean.

Jeezus... I leave the board for a few hours and I come back to a pissing match? You know, all of us here are OBVIOUSLY die-hard Cuse fans so just a little respect for one another might be nice. This is a place to share, discuss, and debate (imagine that) things related to Orange. I don't understand the personal attacks and attempts at one-upping another in a post just because they don't agree with you.

Certainly not excited to see it. He has made a decision that this program is now a detriment to his career. The righteous on the board will take the high road then if he heads to Georgetown will change their tune 2 mins later.
Q is basically a mode basketball player. Literally everything you could want. Seriously what is wrong with you guys?

Is it possible the coaches asked Q to make a decision so that they could either know he’s coming back and they could stand with what we have or that he is leaving and they could look for someone armed with the fact we would have playing time?

Q is basically a mode basketball player. Literally everything you could want. Seriously what is wrong with you guys?
Guess we have different opinions on things. I don't think the model player comes to a university for 2 years and leaves without a degree in search of another school or to leave for the pros with an extremely slim shot of getting drafted. His age may make those options best for him which I can't fault him for but give me a break on the model player stuff. He used us for exposure. We used him for production. Now he broke up with us and is seeking a bigger spotlight.

Is it possible the coaches asked Q to make a decision so that they could either know he’s coming back and they could stand with what we have or that he is leaving and they could look for someone armed with the fact we would have playing time?
It's possible. It's certainly in the team's best interest to know what they need and have as long of a runway as possible to obtain it.

It's possible. It's certainly in the team's best interest to know what they need and have as long of a runway as possible to obtain it.
I’m not saying it happened, but if our staff knew they had a chance at Kaluma if Q wasn’t coming back, it’s worth asking the question. And, if he wasn’t sure but he was leaning on leaving, then we tell him we have to try to land Kaluma. So, he covers his bases by putting his name in the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom