Quincy | Syracusefan.com

Quincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick_in_MI

Emeritus Legend
I’m in Eugene for the holidays and had dinner with my son across the street from the Knight Center. The Ducks were playing Pepperdine and the game was on in the restaurant. First time I have watched Quincy and it was not particularly pretty. He starts, he played 35 minutes, but only had 9 points. He can still board, as we all knew, but he took a lot of shots and only made 4. Surprisingly, he took the most 3 point attempts on the team and…surprise, surprise….only made one.

He was the one guy that I was most disappointed to see leave because he was a proven commodity, especially off the boards where we are weak. I know that he is hoping to be a 3 at the next level, but he just doesn’t have those skills. As an aside, he seemed to be playing in the middle on a few possessions…..

Thanks in advance for not turning this post into a thread about who you were most disappointed to see leave. No need to turn it into a thread at all, actually. Just an observation about a guy whom diners nearby were commenting on as having come from Syracuse. I kept my mouth shut.

As we all know JB is a hoops junkie and probably watched as well. Here's how I picture him watching that game and the Quincy stat line

Family Guy Cockroach GIF

His last 5 games he was 7-15 from three.

FYI, he’s shooting better from three than a guy with the nickname buckets this season.
Yep and he's taken 50% of his shots from 3pt land and been to the free throw line 16 times less than Buckets and less times than JG3 (even while Oregon has played three more games). That's a problem for either a SF or PF.

Cuse

Yep and he's taken 50% of his shots from 3pt land and been to the free throw line 16 times less than Buckets and less times than JG3 (even while Oregon has played three more games). That's a problem for either a SF or PF.

Cuse
He’s shooting one more three a game than he did here last year.

…plus he was fooling himself. Bad combo.
Is 'having confidence' the same thing as 'fooling yourself?'

If so, then i am no fool...

No final four if he stays

They would have canceled it because there was no point to playing the games. We would have been so obviously the best. Pearl and Sherman, (who i think would have found a way to work together), Derrick and Rony. Mix in Matt Roe, Stevie, Greg Monroe and Howie Triche.

Everyone has a fantasy about how the Indiana game should have ended. Mine is Smart hits the shot with 4 seconds left. We Immediately inbound and get it to the Pearl, 80 feet to the national championship - and Walter Berry is sitting on his couch, watching on TV. :):cool::rolleyes:

Everyone has a fantasy about how the Indiana game should have ended.
My fantasy is that Smart misses the shot. That’s the obvious one. As a corollary, Knight punches a chair and breaks his hand.

My alternate fantasy is that DC makes the free throw and Triche gets to Smart sooner. Either of those would have helped.

Merry Christmas to all and SWC thanks for all the recaps of the coaches’ shows.

My fantasy is that Smart misses the shot. That’s the obvious one. As a corollary, Knight punches a chair and breaks his hand.

My alternate fantasy is that DC makes the free throw and Triche gets to Smart sooner. Either of those would have helped.

Or the senior Triche makes the one and one before the freshman Coleman, or Coleman blocks Smart’s shot, or Monroe hits the pull up late second half 3 to go up 11, or Seiklay doesn’t dribble the 1st half breakaway off his knee.

...bounces off the front rim, (as I thought it would), and into Rony's arms. He rockets it to Sherman, (to avoid being fouled), who hikes it to Stevie for the dunk while JB goes nuts.

Quincy is tearing it up as of late, a monster game of 25 points and 13 boards tonight but Ducks lost to Buffs. Been shooting the 3 better too. Ducks are 19-14, are they NIT bound?

Quincy is tearing it up as of late, a monster game of 25 points and 13 boards tonight but Ducks lost to Buffs. Been shooting the 3 better too. Ducks are 19-14, are they NIT bound?
He needed time to adjust to the new team and new system and figure out what Altman wanted from him. I was a huge Quincy fan and he would have killed it here this season and helped get us into the tourney. So upset that he left. But happy he’s doing well out at Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom