Quint's Top 20: After 'Week Zero,' A New Season is Here | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: After 'Week Zero,' A New Season is Here

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

5. Syracuse — #HHH was victimized by opponent scoring runs in five losses last season.
  • Colgate led 3-0 and 6-2 setting the tone for a Week 1 upset.
  • Virginia ended game with 6-1 run.
  • Notre Dame opened contest with a 9-1 punch.
  • UNC finished off SU with a 4-0 dagger.
  • Loyola sent SU packing with a 7-0 closing exclamation point.
What's the deal? SU plays Colgate on Friday (ACC Network) with Jay Alter and Ric Beardsley working the game.

So they drop two spots without playing a game?

I don't think he should've had them at 3 without playing a game. Maybe just pumping the brakes a bit.

Not sure how Yale jumped us?

Maybe Quint missed the 4th qtr of the scrimmage. ;)

Focusing on Yale's first quarter. Those runs against are disconcerting, no two ways about that.

It is fine to judge a team based on scrimmage performance, and rank them accordingly, BUT, Quint rages against this sort of practice, against pre-season polls/awards and then turns around and uses them himself. Anyways, he does this sort of stuff to get a reaction, so I guess mission accomplished.

Minor fixes that will be taken care of. What was needed to be seen was.
Agreed. I am very pleased with the results of this scrimmage, especially the play of the attack and close defense. Phaup's play as well.

Also, I was referring mostly to the runs of last season. I pulled out a lot my hair watching those.

Quint watches alot of college games and has a good handle on teams and players. Energetic ,enthusiastic and knowledgeable as is Carc and others who played at this high level, his talk contains little bias when discussing Cuse nor prone to ignorant comments given depth of observations .

#3 to start did seem high to even most Cuse fans but infers at least that he sees a truly good team irregardless of any fluctuations in rank.

Much hope, see key beyond good health being mentally ready each game to play the entire 60 minutes regardless of score

UVA is very talented but it was their never say die mindset that won them that chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom