Quint's Top 20: April Crowds and Conference Races | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: April Crowds and Conference Races

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Quint's Top 20: April Crowds and Conference Races

9. Cornell — Jeff Teat went for eight points, and Clarke Petterson scored five times. The Big Red made some subtle defensive personnel changes. Chayse Ierlan was solid between the pipes.

This edition of the Big Red owns wins over Lehigh and Towson. Cornell can score, which eases the pain of poor face-offs and half-field defense. Teat keeps them in the hunt. They play Syracuse on Tuesday on ESPNU and then Notre Dame on Sunday — two true tests.

8. Syracuse — The Orange blow-torched Hobart, 17-5, on Tuesday night, a terrific bounce-back win on short rest. A 12-goal run quieted any thoughts of Tuesday turmoil.

Brett Kennedy and Brendan Curry continue to play at an elite level. I refuse to vote for Midseason All-Americans. I don't understand or support the concept. Lacrosse is a team sport. I'm on board with wrestling rankings at each weight class. Track and field, gymnastics, and individual sports are ideal for periodical rankings. Lacrosse is a team sport with standings. League and national standings are what matter.