Quint's Top 20: Clarity Reigns | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Clarity Reigns

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
3. Syracuse — The Orange lost a one-goal game in a thrilling 16-15 ACC Semifinal on Friday night in Durham. They made a valiant comeback, scoring eight-straight goals in the third quarter after trailing 13-4. I saw two completely different versions of the Cuse: the bad and the good. This will serve as a long awaited wake-up call for a team that has sleep-walked through wins against St. John's and Binghamton. They will improve off this loss. Sergio Salcido continues to push National Midfielder of the Year recognition with a five-point night. Nick Mariano's shooting is a thing of beauty as he had another hat trick. Jordan Evans, often maligned by SU fans, played another terrific game dishing out six assists. Face-off wins were erratic in this haymaker of a game. #HeadHeartHustle dropped out of the top RPI spot and should be seeded anywhere between Nos. 1 and 3 depending on what happens this week. Otto plays Colgate next.

Quint's Top 20: Clarity Reigns

It's a toss for the #1 seed between Syracuse and Maryland. The home Army loss for Syracuse is not a good loss at this point.

Maryland has 3 losses. A loss at Notre Dame (syracuse win), a bad home loss to Villanova, and a loss at Ohio State.

Denver at 2 losses. A home loss to UNC and at Ohio State.

Of the 3 teams I like the Syracuse wins better.

It's a toss for the #1 seed between Syracuse and Maryland. The home Army loss for Syracuse is not a good loss at this point.

Maryland has 3 losses. A loss at Notre Dame (syracuse win), a bad home loss to Villanova, and a loss at Ohio State.

if Maryland wins the B10 tourney there going to be the #1 seed. If Maryland loses in the semis for finals its going to be SU. I don't see any path for Denver to get the #1 seed but the Lax tourney committee can be way out there so I guess its possible but I really don't see it. Now SU has to beat Colgate, a loss there and were falling big time. If I had to guess I would think SU is looking at the #2 seed.

Every year my friend and I hope for a non state of Maryland represented Final Four. This year there is a real chance. Looking at Quint's top 10...only 2 squads Hopkins and Maryland are on the list.

Every year my friend and I hope for a non state of Maryland represented Final Four. This year there is a real chance. Looking at Quint's top 10...only 2 squads Hopkins and Maryland are on the list.
Don't bank on it. Either Loyola or MD will be in final four. I'm not sold on JHU, but Loyola will sneak someone in quarters.

Don't bank on it. Either Loyola or MD will be in final four. I'm not sold on JHU, but Loyola will sneak someone in quarters.

I think Maryland is going to be there, will take an off game or their quarters opponent playing out of their mind to beat them. That being said if Maryland is the 1 and the 8/9 game is Albany vs UNC or Albany vs Duke that is a brutal second round matchup.

Based on the facts you mentioned, shouldn't be Ohio State as No. 1 seed, then Syracuse, Denver, Maryland.

Based on the facts you mentioned, shouldn't be Ohio State as No. 1 seed, then Syracuse, Denver, Maryland.

Ohio State just lost to Rutgers this past Saturday, there ceiling is probably a 3 maybe a 2 if they won the B10 tourney. They have no chance at the #1 seed

Ohio State just lost to Rutgers this past Saturday, there ceiling is probably a 3 maybe a 2 if they won the B10 tourney. They have no chance at the #1 seed
And didn't they also get smoked by ND?

Need Denver to lose in the Big East and guarantee the 2 seed. If Maryland falls as well, #1 it is. Will be interesting to see what seed PSU gets if the win the B1G. I can see them jumping to a top 3 and bumping Denver to 4.

And didn't they also get smoked by ND?

Need Denver to lose in the Big East and guarantee the 2 seed. If Maryland falls as well, #1 it is. Will be interesting to see what seed PSU gets if the win the B1G. I can see them jumping to a top 3 and bumping Denver to 4.

Yes, ND beat them up pretty bad. After last years ridiculous seed I don't put anything past the Lax tourney committee but I think Denver is going to be hard pressed to jump SU even if they win the BE tourney. Denver is an outstanding team but the BE is pretty bad, there going to get a bump beating Marquette for the umpteenth time and a hot and cold Villanova team. SU's loss to UNC looks better now that they beat ND for the title. The Army loss has taken a bit off a hit as they have fallen off a clip the last few weeks but I still think were in the drivers seat for at least the #2 seed assuming we don't somehow lose at Colgate or have a Bingo type performance.

SOS Rankings

View attachment 95674View attachment 95674

upload_2017-5-1_16-36-46.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online