Quint's Top 20: Don't Overreact to Early February | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Don't Overreact to Early February

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
6. Syracuse — The Orange bullied Siena 19-6 while receiving production from Brendan Bomberry (4G), Nate Solomon (4G), Jordan Evans (3, 5) and Nick Mariano (3, 4). Mariano, a terrific shooter, started on attack. Bomberry has magic hands and finished in an assortment of ways. Solomon is sneaky down by the pipes. Syracuse won 20 of the 29 draws, took 54 shots and scooped up 50 grounders. I loved the off-ball movement in settled sets. Guys were flying around causing confusion. Overall, it has to be considered an impressive start, but I have questions regarding this offense and its lack of penetrators not named Sergio Salcido. Who is going to draw slides against the big boys?

4. Johns Hopkins — The strength of the wolf is the pack. Hopkins used 27 players through three quarters in its season opening win over Navy. A 7-7 tie in the third quarter suddenly became a 15-8 win.

The attendance for this historic rivalry was fewer than 1,500 fans. The Big Ten needs to reconsider backloading their conference games in April. The fan suffers. It’ll take another 90 years for Michigan vs. Hopkins to mean as much as Hopkins vs. Navy. This historic rivalry is deserving of a sunny warm Saturday. When properly placed on the calendar, it can draw 7,500 to 10,000 fans, but the administrators and coaches don’t seem to care about the fan.

On Saturday, Hopkins took care of UMBC 15-5, receiving points from 10 different players while scoring on 15 of 29 possessions. Freshmen Forry Smith and Cole Williams capitalized on their minutes. Shack Stanwick ran left-handed past a shorty for a goal, and he later dodged to the center of the paydirt for a lefty dunk. This type of aggressive behavior bodes well for fans of "We Want More." Alex Concannon was able to abruptly split to his left and create separation. John Crawley nailed a left-handed goal; that doesn't happen very often, and the Jays bagged there typical staccato passing extra-man goals. Repeat after me, “If you foul the Jays, the band will play.” #WeWantMore

6. Syracuse — The Orange bullied Siena 19-6 while receiving production from Brendan Bomberry (4G), Nate Solomon (4G), Jordan Evans (3, 5) and Nick Mariano (3, 4). Mariano, a terrific shooter, started on attack. Bomberry has magic hands and finished in an assortment of ways. Solomon is sneaky down by the pipes. Syracuse won 20 of the 29 draws, took 54 shots and scooped up 50 grounders. I loved the off-ball movement in settled sets. Guys were flying around causing confusion. Overall, it has to be considered an impressive start, but I have questions regarding this offense and its lack of penetrators not named Sergio Salcido. Who is going to draw slides against the big boys?

And he overreacts...now that is classic!

Hopkins is a nice second tier program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom