Quint's Top 20: Feel the Energy | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Feel the Energy

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
6. Syracuse Executing a simple endline out-of-bounds play has its virtues. When the ball-carrier runs hard with conviction, the second attackman sets a solid screen and the pass is on target to the cutting third attackman, great things can happen. Nick Mariano's goal with 1.6 seconds in the game made the big difference in the Dome. Mariano claims he wasn't listening in the final huddle — he didn't need to. That is a play SU has been running all February. The screen got the Albany defense to switch and created enough separation to free up the Mariano's hands. His shot snuck in, near side hip height, partially obscured by the defender. It was the simplest of plays. It was the best of times for Cuse and the worst of times for Albany. Where would SU be without transfer Ben Williams, Nick Mariano and Brendan Bomberry (1G, 3A)?

Orange have won 43 consecutive games when holding their opponent below 10 goals. They may have to rely on their defense more this year. Getting a win after overcoming a 6-1 second quarter deficit bodes well for my round fuzzy friend Otto. Cuse plays Army next.

Quint's Top 20: Feel the Energy

Did my eyes deceive me? Did he say something good about the Orange? It isn't even bandwagon time.

Not really, he still gets in a veiled shot; "Where would SU be without transfer Ben Williams, Nick Mariano and Brendan Bomberry"

I am starting to think he does it just to get a reaction from SU fans. To be fair I have never said a positive thing about Hopkins. Yet I am a goon homer fan he is supposed to be a neutral voice of lacrosse and media.

I am starting to think he does it just to get a reaction from SU fans. To be fair I have never said a positive thing about Hopkins. Yet I am a goon homer fan he is supposed to be a neutral voice of lacrosse and media.
Which Carc' is. He's always pretty non-bias in my opinion. Obviously he has a slight connection with Hop but still.

Which Carc' is. He's always pretty non-bias in my opinion. Obviously he has a slight connection with Hop but still.
Carcaterra is very candid in his assessments of game action and the overall situation in D-1. It's a breath of fresh air in today's sports world. It seems natural for him, but it seems like it's a bigger effort for Quint to come across as not favoring JHU. Their fans almost accuse him of going out of his way to criticize JHU just to show he's neutral. UVa fans will insist that they have a difficult time remembering the last time he was complimentary of us in a non-backhanded way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom