Quint's Top 20: On We March | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: On We March

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1614608361058.png

6. Syracuse Army was the rude awakening this team needed. Freshman lefty Owen Hiltz started on attack. The Orange moved defender Brett Kennedy from close to pole. Otto played a strong second quarter, riding hard, fighting for loose balls and making stops. Their energy and enthusiasm were at championship levels. The behind-the-goal offense was much improved over what we saw against Army. Tucker Dordevic, king of the rollback, and face-off success paid off in the third quarter as the Orange got rolling. Hiltz, Dordevic, Brendan Curry, Owen Seebold, Lucas Quinn and Kennedy contributed. Everybody ate.

The midfield-oriented offense for the Orange revolves around Dordevic and Curry, with Jamie Trimboli capitalizing. The duo is often double-poled. Invert defense and cutter coverage on the crease were huge issues in the loss to Army. That was stronger in Week Two, although Virginia didn’t try to expose their weakness enough. Keep your head on a swivel, little eye on the ball, big eye on your man. Use your stick as a tentacle, and listen for the check call. Maintain proper ball-side shoulder leverage. Communicate through picks and switches. Check down on forearms, hard and sudden with a hockey-like toughness. ‘Head, heart and hustle’ hosts Vermont on Saturday on ACC Network Extra.

Last edited:
Quint is everywhere covering many sports but lax and wrestling are his fortes.

Still one of the more knowledgeable and insightful observers despite being so busy.

Rarely overreacts to any one game and he didnt with Cuse after Army.

Has been positive on Rutgers before they played a game and his comments on both ND and Albany are favorably disposed.

Does admit that he may be underrating Georgetown but difficult time gauging given their schedule over the past two years. I think there he should be defaulting to just how dominant their wins have been against teams that have won a game.

Have to say, I think Quint's top 20 this week is much better than the media poll. Rankings take into account the bigger picture. HIs discussion of Georgetown is a case in point. I'm not quite sold yet on Rutgers being #4 having beaten 2 teams that are not in the current top 10, but I certainly think Rutty belongs in the top 10 for sure.

This week, Georgetown will face their first mountain to climb this season - Mt. St. Mary's. :cool:
It's too bad we can't see what would be the early season dream game involving the ultimate offense versus the stingiest defense: UNC v. Georgetown

Have to say, I think Quint's top 20 this week is much better than the media poll. Rankings take into account the bigger picture. HIs discussion of Georgetown is a case in point. I'm not quite sold yet on Rutgers being #4 having beaten 2 teams that are not in the current top 10, but I certainly think Rutty belongs in the top 10 for sure.
1,2,3,8,9 and 10 haven't beaten anyone in the top 10, either. only his 5, 6 and 7 have.
only his #7 has 2 top 10 wins.

if we're going to overreact every weekend with polls, might as well throw rutty in there with a b1g win on saturday.

Polls this early in the season are nothing more than click bait and water cooler fodder. How do you compare teams that have played 5 games to teams that have only played 2? Why is UMASS in the top 20 when they haven't even played a game? It's silly, but it creates conversation (see above) :rolleyes:

Polls this early in the season are nothing more than click bait and water cooler fodder. How do you compare teams that have played 5 games to teams that have only played 2? Why is UMASS in the top 20 when they haven't even played a game? It's silly, but it creates conversation (see above) :rolleyes:

Exactly. Although it is comical each week to see who's fanbase hates QK the most. Currently it's Georgetown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom