Quint's Top 20: Spring Splendor | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Spring Splendor

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1619438503011.png

6. Syracuse With Head, Heart and Hustle’s season suddenly spiraling out of control, the Orange did a major pivot in a positive direction, defeating Virginia 13-11 at Klockner on Saturday. Face-offs have been an Achilles' heel this spring. Jakob Phaup flipped the narrative, winning 24-of-27 draws in a jaw-dropping performance. The offense received strong performances from Owen Hiltz, Jamie Trimboli, Owen Seebold, Lucas Quinn, Brendan Curry, Tucker Dordevic and Stephen Rehfuss. No Chase Scanlan, no big deal. Seebold had success at X, and the Orange got a huge moral boosting win in the face of adversity with injuries to Nick DiPietro, Brandon Aviles and Jacob Buttermore. This was a growing up moment for Otto, who travels to Notre Dame on Saturday, May 1 (noon on ESPNU).

Quint not mentioning the tourney sticks out like a sore thumb.

Quint not mentioning the tourney sticks out like a sore thumb.
I forget which of the televised games yesterday (his?) had a tournament review that said all of the ACC teams are getting in. It was pretty emphatic.
Of course the announcers said several times on the UNC-ND broadcast that ND is finishing its season this week at the Dome.

they're all in. and expect desko pulls the plug on an extra game unless it's an absolute bunny and he doesn't want to go 2 weeks. has a lot more cover for the move with the win, but seeding will likely be priority. and he won't know what's up with conf tourneys ahead of time for the tiny chance there's little chalk.

Hahaha!
I knew Quint would drop the Terps to #3 based on the Hopkins game. One could hear the glee in his voice with Hopkins ahead in the 4th quarter - not only would Hopkins win but he would really be able to rip the Terps, but it was not to be in the end and knowing how shallow QK is, I knew he would drop the Terps some.

In a certain way winning that game the way the Terps did was better than winning big. Quint, all the Hop fans and players were almost droolling with anticipation with Hopkins ahead 13-11 with 4 minutes to go - Ah, the joy of beating the Terps and ending their perfect season! Then Wisnauskas and Bernhardt swept down and knocked their legs right out from under them.

Have a good cry Quinty, DocB, Hopfan16, Hop06,...

Hahaha!
I knew Quint would drop the Terps to #3 based on the Hopkins game. One could hear the glee in his voice with Hopkins ahead in the 4th quarter - not only would Hopkins win but he would really be able to rip the Terps, but it was not to be in the end and knowing how shallow QK is, I knew he would drop the Terps some.

In a certain way winning that game the way the Terps did was better than winning big. Quint, all the Hop fans and players were almost droolling with anticipation with Hopkins ahead 13-11 with 4 minutes to go - Ah, the joy of beating the Terps and ending their perfect season! Then Wisnauskas and Bernhardt swept down and knocked their legs right out from under them.

I have to admit, Zack, I thought Testudo was in deep doodoo at 13-11 w/ 4 to go. But, like a true championship caliber team, they found a way to win. Don't agree with dropping them down to 3.

Hahaha!

Quint's been pretty open about saying UMD whould be a 2/3 seed because inevitably, he didnt think it was fair for the top two ACC teams to be seeded on the same side of the bracket. I don't necessarily agree with that, but he's discussed that a lot.

Quint's been pretty open about saying UMD whould be a 2/3 seed because inevitably, he didnt think it was fair for the top two ACC teams to be seeded on the same side of the bracket. I don't necessarily agree with that, but he's discussed that a lot.
Of course, Lehigh is still undefeated. What if they win out? Georgetown has just one loss, what if they win out? What if Rutgers upsets Maryland in the Big Ten final?
What if Duke beats UNC, so that the second place team in the ACC is only 3-3 in conference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom