Radio stations in NC going crazy! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Radio stations in NC going crazy!

Two points:

1. Radio talk show hosts get paid to stir the pot...get phone calls and get ratings. These kind of opinions are of no real world consequence.

2. We all should get used to being hated... and enjoy it. When you're #1 you've got a big target on your back.

Hey ACC: YOU invited US!

I love it.

nwo-new-world-order-orange.jpg

The fans hate it, but the conference commissioner and every AD is absolutely loving what this means for the conference. EVERYBODY is watching Syracuse's every step... that means eyes to the tvs no matter where you are. That boosts the ACC's profile. ESPN is in heaven that Syracuse has been winning games with some controversy.

I was just going to say this. John Swofford is loving himself some Orange right now. LOVING IT! That has to piss off the locals even more.

I can't help but think now the ACC (fans) were so happy for us to join, not only to help their conference rep, but moreso that they could finally put to rest what the best conference has been in the past decade; they wanted to see us dominate out of conference but get smacked around once conference play started, so they could finally say "The ACC was always the premiere conference in the country". Sucks for them but that plan totally backfired. Took us 2 months of ACC games to do what no other ACC team has done since 1972. They'll never get over it.

Quick, has anyone got the stats on how many games this guy has won for Duke when he makes crazy guarantees like this???
He does like to stir the pot a lot. He's not exactly a homer for Duke. He's just hammering the Cuse for lackluster play of late and getting help with calls. He sees how Duke "exposed" the Cuse by scoring in the 80s against a team that normally yields 55 points/game. And, he feels that Coach K can't wait to get his payback.

He's guaranteed other victories and been right, most recently he picked the Patriots over the Broncos in Foxboro. Of course, that took a monstrous collapse by Denver and tremendous comeback by the Patriots to be correct.

Better to take these people with a grain of salt, but it feels weird to have them attacking Syracuse when they haven't paid them no mind in the past.

The acc folk figured us to compete for top 5 and be a good tough opponent to improve the strength of the conference but ultimately fall in order behind duke and unc.. we arent following orders and they hate it. They hate knowing this is not an anomaly as well and that we will make life tough every year for their precious tobacco road squads.

He does like to stir the pot a lot. He's not exactly a homer for Duke. He's just hammering the Cuse for lackluster play of late and getting help with calls. He sees how Duke "exposed" the Cuse by scoring in the 80s against a team that normally yields 55 points/game. And, he feels that Coach K can't wait to get his payback.

I know this came from some knucklehead shock jock and isn't worth getting worked up about, but I always get a kick out of half thought out logic. What about us exposing Duke by scoring practically 90 on them while shooting 57% from the field?

How about us yielding their best shooting performance of the season and a career game from Amile Jefferson--taking their best punch, if you will--and still beating them?

What's changed from our game with them? They aren't that good defensively, their game isn't really to attack the basket. Sure, they can be very good offensively, but what happens if they don't shoot the lights out from three this time?

Will be an interesting game.

And all of these fans / talking heads in the sports media who view our victories as illegitimate, due to ref calls, or "luck" are going to be in for a lot of disappointment and heartburn when we bring it these final 6 games and win the ACC title outright.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
It's going to be hilarious if there's blatant home cooking in that game and the ACC homers are like "Yeah Cuse, see how we do in the ACC?"

Yeah get ready for a thatll teachem to try and win our conference explosion.

well, if we're going to be the bad guys, let them all beware of General James Arthur Boeheim's march through tobacco road.
bentonville-20ac-artillery.jpg
In about a month we'll plant a huge SU flag in the middle of Tobacco Road; they tried to open the door just enough to let us in, but we knocked the door down.

I know this came from some knucklehead shock jock, but I always get a kick out of half thought out logic. What about us exposing Duke by scoring practically 90 on them while shooting 57% from the field?

How about us yielding their best shooting performance of the season and a career game from Amile Jefferson, and yet them still coming up short?

What's changed from our game with them? They aren't that good defensively, their game isn't really to attack the basket. Sure, they can be very good offensively.

Should be interesting to see how well they shoot going into tech and unc. They rely so much on the 3 ball. If they go cold against us they arent winning.

Same thing on 99.9 in Raleigh this evening. Had the audacity to claim Syracuse isn't a Final Four team (then who would be, genius?). Less than three minutes later they were hyping ASU over Zona and saying that they are a solid tournament team. Anyone watch that game? Credibility = shot.
I watched the AZ, ASU game, and you're right on the mark -- ASU is going nowhere. They caught AZ flat on the road, nothing more nothing less. The game was more about AZ having a mid-late season slump than anything ASU did right.

And while I'm at it, yes, SU was flat as a pancake against NCST (Washington was on meth -- he averages 4 points -- ok then). But I caught some highlights of the Duke game, at Cameron against MD. Shazam, Duke was flat too ... barely winning at home. No one's saying Duke sucks!

It shouldn't be that difficult to grasp that no team is going to be sky high every night, pro, college, whatever. The key is to win the games in which you're not playing well, and we're doing that. Someone different steps up every night --- now including Rak Christmas!. So ... bottom line, did we deserve to loose against NCST ... YES, for 39 minutes and 50 seconds.

W.

Last edited:
Silly me for thinking that Winston-Salem and Raleigh were on Tobacco Road.
To be totally factual , wouldn't there be UVa and VCU be on tobacco road too?
Technically UConn too!

Is it just me or does everyone else love the hate from outsiders?
When I used to see it when we were "The little engine that almost could", that was irrational, and couldn't figure it out. UCLA and UNC are the bad guys I'd say.
Then Georgetown. I think then we were actually "faces". Couldn't help but be. St Johns and Nova were too.
I grew up hating UCLA because they were on top and I wanted my team there.
My first trip to Boston , when the cab driver found out I was from Syracuse proceeded to lecture me for a 20 min ride about what a tool JB was.
So I get what being on top brings, and expect it.

Last edited:
Isn't Cuse already 4-0 against Tobacco Road in conference games?

he did say ON tobacco road.

I wish that more of you took my earlier invitation... there are 2 freaking threads about this? WHO CARES?

I don't really care what some dumbasses in the media or on Tobacco Road say. They are just validating their ignorance. When it might bother me is when they try to use a loss (if we lose) as evidence that the other 25 or more wins were a mirage.

I love when the Asheville game gets mentioned as a game where we got calls from the refs. IIRC there were 2 calls that get cited:

1) The deflection that went out of bounds near the end of the game that was awarded to us. I do believe the ball went off Triche, but he got absolutely mugged by a UNCA player. Should have been a foul. So either way, we would have gotten the ball

2) The lane violation called on UNCA on the FT. The ref called that by the book, but since it was such rare play everyone wanted the underdog to get the benefit of the doubt.

And why do I remember us getting screwed out of a basket at the end of the first half. Somebody refresh my memory

I know this came from some knucklehead shock jock and isn't worth getting worked up about, but I always get a kick out of half thought out logic. What about us exposing Duke by scoring practically 90 on them while shooting 57% from the field?

How about us yielding their best shooting performance of the season and a career game from Amile Jefferson--taking their best punch, if you will--and still beating them?

What's changed from our game with them? They aren't that good defensively, their game isn't really to attack the basket. Sure, they can be very good offensively, but what happens if they don't shoot the lights out from three this time?

And all of these fans / talking heads in the sports media who view our victories as illegitimate, due to ref calls, or "luck" are going to be in for a lot of disappointment and heartburn when we bring it these final 6 games and win the ACC title outright.

Let's Go Orange!!!

They shot their season % from 3. Seemed like they were shooting 75% but in reality, around 42%. They just happen to make 15 of them, that was the catch.

To be totally factual , wouldn't there be UVa and VCU be on tobacco road too?
Technically UConn too!
The last game at UVA was 7 years ago already. Syracuse hasn't played at VCU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom