Radio stations in NC going crazy! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Radio stations in NC going crazy!

Actually I was referring to Va Tech... In that "other sport". UVA is 3-0... If you didn't notice!
Yup, I noticed they were ranked 5th. :)

Seems to me there are a lot of jimmies being rustled on tobacco road, luckily there is a long offseason to unrustle them

OK... Thanks for the conversation folks. In all reality, I hope you pound Duke in Cameron... I despise Duke and want you guys in Charlottesville undefeated...

wahoowa said:
Actually I was referring to Va Tech... In that "other sport". UVA is 3-0... If you didn't notice!

Whew. For a minute there I was thinking you were talking football. We were mediocre, but finished 3rd in our division.

Forgot where you guys ended up ;)?

Okay. Back to basketball.

The fans hate it, but the conference commissioner and every AD is absolutely loving what this means for the conference. EVERYBODY is watching Syracuse's every step... that means eyes to the tvs no matter where you are. That boosts the ACC's profile. ESPN is in heaven that Syracuse has been winning games with some controversy.
Except that ESPN is going to be pissed if they can't pull out the script they have in the top drawer written for when we lose.

Another reason to confirm that we've found the right place. We're in a conference that legit cares about their hoops. So, so much more fun then the half empty civic centers in the BE. This feels like home to me

SU
Football (7-6) won a bowl against BCS team
Mens Basketball (25-0) ranked 1st
Mens Lacrosse (2-0) ranked 1st
Mens Soccer (10-7-1) not ranked
Mens Cross Country ranked 7th
Womens Basketball (18-8)
Womens Lacrosse (3-0) ranked 2nd
Womens Soccer not ranked
Womens Cross Country ranked 21st
Womens Field Hockey ranked 2nd

Virginia
Football (2-10)
Mens Basketball (20-5) ranked 14th
Mens Lacrosse (3-0) ranked 5th
Mens Soccer (13-6-5) ranked 5th
Mens Cross Country ranked 22nd
Womens Basketball (13-12)
Womens Lacrosse (0-2) ranked 9th
Womens Soccer ranked 3rd
Womens Cross Country ranked 10th
Womens Field Hockey ranked 7th

Amazing how well a private school can compete with the likes of a rich public school. One year into the ACC and it seems like SU is doing pretty good athletically!!

Talk is cheap but the proof is definitely in the pudding!!

I didnt even realize Virginia was 2-10 in football - anyways, all those sports are good, great and wonderful but there are only two sports that count

“Envy is the religion of the mediocre. It comforts them, it soothes their worries, and finally it rots their souls..."

"Blessed be the one at whom the fools bark, because his soul will never belong to them.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Angel's Game

Nonsense. Duke shot their normal three point percentage, but hit way more threes than what they average. They don't average 15 threes a game. Seriously, this isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

"Our record might be subject to debate?" How so? We're undefeated and 25-0 at a ridiculously late stage of the season. Our record is the one thing that CAN'T be debated. Detractors can wring their hands and whine about close calls all they want, and fantasize about us losing. There are some colloquial sayings about "almosts" and "ifs and buts" -- but none of that amounts to a hill of beans beyond wishful thinking.

"On a given night a number of the top teams might beat us." Isn't that true of every team in the top 10? Did you see what happened last week in the top 15? Every team is struggling. For most teams, playing poorly translates into losses. We've had pretty good teams in the past that would have lost games at Pitt, against NC State, or at St. John's, or at home to Duke--games we found ways to win this season. Or might have folded against Villanova. This team has shown a tremendous amount of poise all season long. Margin of victory is window dressing; there are no style points in the W/L column. Would it be great to win every game by 20 points and have every fast break result in an ESPN top 1o highlight? Sure. But that isn't how we play, nor is it how any other team plays.

Other teams have off nights and lose--even top 10 teams. We have off nights and find ways to win. Doesn't mean we're unbeatable, doesn't mean that we don't have things we can't improve upon. But I'm greatly encouraged that this team hasn't even peaked yet.

We're going to get a boost / shot in the arm / infusion of energy from Baye's return. Book it. I love how things set up for this Duke game, with them having to play their main rival on Thursday. And despite having 4 out of the last 6 on the road, I am a believer in what this team is capable of.

Let's Go Orange!!!
Nonsense. Duke shot their normal three point percentage, but hit way more threes than what they average. They don't average 15 threes a game. Seriously, this isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Duke's game was no more unusual than ours and we beat them in overtime at our house. For a number one team we are vulnerable. JB agrees. He said that we are a 20 and five team. Our record is great, perhaps an overestimation of our strength. The book is still open as to how good we are. You disagree. As you so predictably said, "Seriously, this isn't a difficult concept to grasp." Seriously, I've seen two year olds with greater maturity and civility.

Duke's game was no more unusual than ours and we beat them in overtime at our house. For a number one team we are vulnerable. JB agrees. He said that we are a 20 and five team. Our record is great, perhaps an overestimation of our strength. The book is still open as to how good we are. You disagree. As you so predictably said, "Seriously, this isn't a difficult concept to grasp." Seriously, I've seen two year olds with greater maturity and civility.

No, he said we COULD be 20-5. I've seen two year olds with better perspective on college basketball.

We are vulnerable. Just like every other team in the top 25. Here are last night's college basketball outcomes, on the heels of something like 9 of the top 15 losing over the weekend. Go ahead--see for yourself: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/scoreboards/top25/2014/02/16/

The #6, #9, #15, and #23 teams all lost last night. Every team is vulnerable. That isn't a sign that the sky is falling--that's reality.

Last edited:
When they say we're going to find put how hoops is played in the ACC, do they mean "win 13, lose 1," win 13, lose 1?"

Salt city baby! Bringing tears to NC.

Duke and UNC fans complaining about officiating is just precious. Like an alligator criticizing a crocodile about the way he chews food.

We are the new kids..stomping on "ACC Tradition"..so I am told. The fact that we are from NY rubs salt into the wounds.

They asked for it...Now DEAL with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom