Raleigh bar takeover? | Syracusefan.com

Raleigh bar takeover?

C

creatorsgam

Let me preface this by saying I never go out anymore to watch a Syracuse game (unless I'm actually at the game). I enjoy being able to yell and punch seat cushions in the private and leisurely confines of my living room and have reason to believe my golden retriever, the only witness to such sad behavior, is non-judgmental. The one exception to this self-imposed house arrest was the Indiana game this season. This was immediately after an MRI and I found myself in desperate need of the combination of booze and Orange basketball to rid my mind of the stressful claustrophobia I had just endured. Otherwise, I haven't been out to watch a game since the Ohio State tourney game. You see, it was after witnessing Syracuse getting Sullinger'd and Crafted while I was in public that changed it all. Enjoying some brews and food at the Backyard Bistro (mojo all lined up: Otto keeping watch on a shelf over the bar, and our fan base absolutely took that place over prior to the State game that season like the Vandals sacking the Western Roman Empire), one Buckeye was hollering and cheering with every possession. It was so over the top and obnoxious. I wanted to tear open my shirt and deliver the patented Hulk Hogan boot to the face with follow-up leg drop, all while humming the tune of "I Am a Real American." My girlfriend sensed my irritability and to avoid the embarrassment of having to purchase a bail bond later that evening, she decided it was best that we leave, listen to the game on the radio on the way home, and never go out for a game again. Did I mention that OSU fan was a woman pushing her 60's? Really grinded my gears.

Now to my point, is there any particular bar in the Raleigh area that typically has a decent number of Orange faithful represented during big games? I want to venture out for maybe 2 or 8 beers and enjoy the game. What I don't want is to be caught in a pack of pencil-necked ninnies that call themselves "Duke fans."

Pop over to Durham and go all in.

Let me preface this by saying I never go out anymore to watch a Syracuse game (unless I'm actually at the game). I enjoy being able to yell and punch seat cushions in the private and leisurely confines of my living room and have reason to believe my golden retriever, the only witness to such sad behavior, is non-judgmental. The one exception to this self-imposed house arrest was the Indiana game this season. This was immediately after an MRI and I found myself in desperate need of the combination of booze and Orange basketball to rid my mind of the stressful claustrophobia I had just endured. Otherwise, I haven't been out to watch a game since the Ohio State tourney game. You see, it was after witnessing Syracuse getting Sullinger'd and Crafted while I was in public that changed it all. Enjoying some brews and food at the Backyard Bistro (mojo all lined up: Otto keeping watch on a shelf over the bar, and our fan base absolutely took that place over prior to the State game that season like the Vandals sacking the Western Roman Empire), one Buckeye was hollering and cheering with every possession. It was so over the top and obnoxious. I wanted to tear open my shirt and deliver the patented Hulk Hogan boot to the face with follow-up leg drop, all while humming the tune of "I Am a Real American." My girlfriend sensed my irritability and to avoid the embarrassment of having to purchase a bail bond later that evening, she decided it was best that we leave, listen to the game on the radio on the way home, and never go out for a game again. Did I mention that OSU fan was a woman pushing her 60's? Really grinded my gears.

Now to my point, is there any particular bar in the Raleigh area that typically has a decent number of Orange faithful represented during big games? I want to venture out for maybe 2 or 8 beers and enjoy the game. What I don't want is to be caught in a pack of pencil-necked ninnies that call themselves "Duke fans."

The girlfriend and I are going to test out the Backyard Bistro for tonights game. Should be fun!

The girlfriend and I are going to test out the Backyard Bistro for tonights game. Should be fun!

Same here. Found that the alumni club will be there this evening, so we will be in great company.

The Backyard Bistro is absolutely packed with Orange. GREAT atmosphere!

Syracuse fans... when we mob... we mob deep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom