Random observations from FSU | Syracusefan.com

Random observations from FSU

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Slayton has a far greater impact on the game that the stat sheet ever suggests. Just a wrecking ball. He and Custis are providing some justification for the value of redshirting even good players.

Coleman and Robinson are a really nice pair of defensive ends, but Kingsley Johnathan can play too.

The interception by Fredrick was nasty. Overall, our secondary seems to be hanging on to the ball a lot better when they have the chance to steal a possession. Not sure if that's random or if they made a step forward there, but I'll take it either way.

We were a bit lucky that FSU was so disorganized. They made a lot of mistakes that increased our margin for error. Their penalties really hurt them, pushing them back and stalling drives, and extending ours. We earned the win, and it was a strong win, but FSU didn't help itself and I definitely think their struggles snowballed on them.

Ravian needs to not be an idiot. He's approaching Michael Hay territory with some of the poor decisions he makes.

It was good to see the team continue to perform when Dungey came out. I hate to say it, but maybe collectively they're mentally prepared for the idea that Dungey might not last the game so they need to be ready to see him on the sideline.

We have 7 interceptions in three games. We had a total of 4 in 2017. 4! It's not just holding onto the ball, it's being in the right place at the right time, understanding the game, and getting away from the Tampa 2.

+1 for the Michael Hay reference
Man did that guy really piss me off lol

A well known poster on here always defends him because of the "toughness" he brought. Justin Pugh, Sean Hickey and other OL over the years brought plenty of toughness without backing us up 15 yards all the time.

A few meaningless, useless observations (or random thoughts) from game 3:
  • The way concession lines form compound the issues with the narrow concourses. They need to implement those WDW It's a a Small World/Peter Pan switchback style lines where you snake through then get called to the next available cashier when you get to the end;
  • Someone mentioned it in a thread, but the ribbon board where they do the closed captioning is really useful when you miss something or simply cant hear due to poor annunciation and/or acoustics;
  • Whoever operates the train whistle sound needs to chill;
  • Cuse 44 ice cream is really good. Hope they dont run out at the end of the season like they did last year;
  • Student section looked and sounded great - no keys. Folks like to rag on the keys and other schools' droning chants, but "Let's go Orange" is pretty unoriginal and redundant. The "Who's house? Our house!" chant has potential;
  • Best touchdown dance off ever;
  • Wish they still had the buttons available in the quad pregame.

Loved how talent and individual plays stood out.

- Int by C-Fred.
- Edge plays by Alton and Coleman
- Inside domination by Slayton
- Awareness and discipline by Cisco
- Sideline catches by Custis
- TD extra effort for the TD and some nice throws.
- Moe cutting and breaking tackles into second level
- Howard plowing through everybody
- Cordy making huge tackle after tackle and being a reliable and confident PR
- Nykiem showing his toughness and speed
- Another flash ( despite penalty) from Harris
- Special teams coverage.

Yes FSU was a mess. But our guys showed up all over the field making individual plays and the raw talent showing up with big plays that made the difference.

Loved how talent and individual plays stood out.

- Int by C-Fred.
- Edge plays by Alton and Coleman
- Inside domination by Slayton
- Awareness and discipline by Cisco
- Sideline catches by Custis
- TD extra effort for the TD and some nice throws.
- Moe cutting and breaking tackles into second level
- Howard plowing through everybody
- Cordy making huge tackle after tackle and being a reliable and confident PR
- Nykiem showing his toughness and speed
- Another flash ( despite penalty) from Harris
- Special teams coverage.

Yes FSU was a mess. But our guys showed up all over the field making individual plays and the raw talent showing up with big plays that made the difference.
Good call on Harris.

On a similar note, Dungey could have had much better passing stats. He had three good completions taken away due to penalties that I think were all for 10+ yards, one to Harris.

• The way concession lines form compound the issues with the narrow concourses. They need to implement those WDW It's a a Small World/Peter Pan switchback style lines where you snake through then get called to the next available cashier when you get to the end;
  • Someone mentioned it in a thread, but the ribbon board where they do the closed captioning is really useful when you miss something or simply cant hear due to poor annunciation and/or acoustics;
  • Cuse 44 ice cream is really good. Hope they dont run out at the end of the season like they did last year;
  • Student section looked and sounded great - no keys. Folks like to rag on the keys and other schools' droning chants, but "Let's go Orange" is pretty unoriginal and redundant. The "Who's house? Our house!" chant has potential;
These two things need to happen for sure. Also after ordering drink or food move down to a counter where you get everything you ordered.

Slayton has a far greater impact on the game that the stat sheet ever suggests. Just a wrecking ball. He and Custis are providing some justification for the value of redshirting even good players.

Coleman and Robinson are a really nice pair of defensive ends, but Kingsley Johnathan can play too.

The interception by Fredrick was nasty. Overall, our secondary seems to be hanging on to the ball a lot better when they have the chance to steal a possession. Not sure if that's random or if they made a step forward there, but I'll take it either way.

We were a bit lucky that FSU was so disorganized. They made a lot of mistakes that increased our margin for error. Their penalties really hurt them, pushing them back and stalling drives, and extending ours. We earned the win, and it was a strong win, but FSU didn't help itself and I definitely think their struggles snowballed on them.

Ravian needs to not be an idiot. He's approaching Michael Hay territory with some of the poor decisions he makes.

It was good to see the team continue to perform when Dungey came out. I hate to say it, but maybe collectively they're mentally prepared for the idea that Dungey might not last the game so they need to be ready to see him on the sideline.

Really like the intelligence with which Andre Cisco is playing deep safety.

Almost had a fourth INT while providing deep coverage.

Really like the James Mungro-led "Whose House?!" Cheer!

Let’s go Orange is classic and never gets old.

Not me. I'll pass on guys that make up for a lack of talent with personal fouls.

Marrone loved him and so did I.

Otis Sistrunk and Jack Tatum got a lot of personal fouls and I loved them.

Hay was a dirty player and was bush league. What ravian did yesterday was the same. I can do without that.

Trash talking and dirty plays are two different things
I saw the replay of the "sideline stand." Ravian Pierce saw that guy and chose not to move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom