Random Poll | Syracusefan.com

Random Poll

OrangeMaNPD

2nd String
How would you guys feel if one of our recruits took a picture of themselves burning, stomping, trashing, etc. a recruiting letter or t-shirt from another school?

Personally, I'd be a little put off. Just doesn't seem like something a Marrone recruit would do. Slow day, thoughts?

Depends.. if it was our rival, I'd support it... if it's the flag of some other random school.. I'd be worried about his decision making abilities and move him to special teams..

How would you guys feel if one of our recruits took a picture of themselves burning, stomping, trashing, etc. a recruiting letter or t-shirt from another school?

Personally, I'd be a little put off. Just doesn't seem like something a Marrone recruit would do. Slow day, thoughts?
depends - how many stars are they? :cool:

Do not really have a problem with it honestly. To me it is just a young kid doing some random act and maybe trying to impress his friends or what not. All young kids do odd things at times, I know I sure did!

Now, if you want to talk about the actions that the Buckeye fan's took after the Michigan recruit did his thing, then yes I have a problem with what they did.

Did someone actually do this somewhere?

Did someone actually do this somewhere?

Yes, more than one in fact so far. I think it started with a UM commit burning an OSU recruiting letter and posting the video or picture on their social media account.

I would immediately question the kid's head and the kind of thinking that comes out of it. Sure its all speculative but I wouldn't like i on either end of the deal.:oops:

Who cares? He's burning a letter. Whoopity-doo. There are bigger problems in the world.

Would not bother me but it better have come from a big-time school. It'd be pretty silly to be publicly burning a letter from UB or Akron.

I would immediately question the kid's head and the kind of thinking that comes out of it. Sure its all speculative but I wouldn't like i on either end of the deal.:oops:
OMG I question the person that jumps to that conclsion from those facts. Really? Its just rivalry fun. Lighten up, Francis. ;)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think it'd be great. That kid who took a pic of himself burning the Alabama recruiting letter was awesome.

And I bet not one SU fan would bitch if one of our recruits burned his offer letter from Rutgers, especially if it had been from Shady.

And I bet not one SU fan would bitch if one of our recruits burned his offer letter from Rutgers, especially if it had been from Shady.
I wouldn't bitch but I'd reserve letter burning for a player who turned down a major program...not Rutgers.

I mean in the grand scheme of things ... OSU vs UM or Bama vs Auburn or Fla vs UGA I could totally see it ... I mean you have fans willing to poison trees for crying out loud ... nothing fires up a fan base more than a kid that shows he is all in and willing to add some spice to a long standing rivalry ... if one of our kids did that to a Rutgers letter I would only ask ... "Son why did you waste the butane? They serve much better as toilet paper ... "

I wouldn't bitch but I'd reserve letter burning for a player who turned down a major program...not Rutgers.
Considering what they did to Keon Lyn's twitter page, I'd absolutely love had he responded this way.. I think an overarching opinion related to this would be hard to determine because sometimes it's justifiable.

no it's not - of course they wouldn't pull the offer - that doesn't even make sense
I'm just trying to understand the mystique around a "Marrone recruit. "

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom