Random post ND thoughts..., | Syracusefan.com

Random post ND thoughts...,

Jake

Mod
ND lost this game about the 13-11 minute marks when they were up 58-41 and took three or four horrific shots giving us a chance to get it to 12 and then 8 really quickly. After that, we gained confidence and momentum. You just cannot take those shots and give us more possessions. It’s why we pressed. Just to change tempo.

kadary buddy and Bras really got the momentum changed, and then Marek got rolling. We were pretty efficient that half.

Odd to see the first kudos from JB go to Q for his effort. It’s like he was going out of his way to not mention Buddy...but all those stops don’t mean anything if Buddy doesn’t catch fire. He played great.

How many Freshman point guards back out that 2-on-1 up 8 with about 1:30 left in the game? Richmond is a very very smart player. Seriously thinks the game like Sherman.

that’s twice this year that Girard has failed to get back on defense and chose to complain to refs. Cannot do that. This isn’t high school and you’re not Michael Jordan.

kadary has to play...he makes others better, including the coach’s son. I’d like to see him play more. But JB seems to be more than happy to play him 15 minutes in the second halves...progress.

wish we could get a road win. Losing twice to Pitt is a killer.

Oh, and Quincy hasn’t lost confidence, it’s just that teams have figured out he is very uncomfortable if you take his right away. They are waaay overplaying him.

Last edited:
Kadary and Buddy together is much better than Kadary and Joe. Opposing teams respect buddy a lot more than they do Joe. Plus the ball movement was so much better in the second half. Not sure if braswell helped or if it was marek. Or just letting kadary control the offense more. When he came in the game in the first he didn’t run the offense as much. He played off ball a lot. It was odd. Kadary can make up for Buddy’s defensive liabilities at the top

Preach. Apparently not everyone sees what is so clear here with Kadary.
The play Jake is referring to, I said in the game thread that scoop would have tossed an alley oop. Granted it may have been converted but it’s funny looking back on the high risk, high reward stuff we used to have out there with scoop.

Kadary and Buddy together is much better than Kadary and Joe. Opposing teams respect buddy a lot more than they do Joe. Plus the ball movement was so much better in the second half. Not sure if braswell helped or if it was marek. Or just letting kadary control the offense more. When he came in the game in the first he didn’t run the offense as much. He played off ball a lot. It was odd. Kadary can make up for Buddy’s defensive liabilities at the top
I’d actually play the hot hand opposite Kadary. I don’t care if it’s Joe or Buddy.

Since this thread is about random, post-game thoughts... I was impressed by Braswell taking the charge late in the 2nd half. As the announcer observed, he beat the offensive player to the spot, established himself, and didn't jump into the shooter.

We Made Shots (Buddy) and outrebounded ND. Our Interiour guys (Q&M) got 27 Points and 20 Rebounds. Match-up at the end with long arms added (Braswell and Richmond) 8 inches per arm and 16 inch additional reach. ZONE PERFECT in 2nd half. Great comeback. Great WIN.

The play Jake is referring to, I said in the game thread that scoop would have tossed an alley oop. Granted it may have been converted but it’s funny looking back on the high risk, high reward stuff we used to have out there with scoop.
With Scoop on this team, we'd be in the tourney already. Still getting thrown under the bus years later. Take a little look at SWC's breakdown of guards. He was underrated and better than some of the more coveted guards in the program, let alone than some he that played with. Btw, that alleyoop would have been converted because only Sherman threw a better oop than Scoop.

I’d actually play the hot hand opposite Kadary. I don’t care if it’s Joe or Buddy.

Agree 100%.

But Kadary has to play.

And agree about the Sherman comparison -- not that he's on that level, but he sees the floor and understands the game like an actual lead guard. Very cerebral. He's kind of like Ennis, but with a frame closer to MCW.

Unfortunately, we've had a lot of 1st halves without a hot hand.

With Scoop on this team, we'd be in the tourney already. Still getting thrown under the bus years later. Take a little look at SWC's breakdown of guards. He was underrated and better than some of the more coveted guards in the program, let alone than some he that played with. Btw, that alleyoop would have been converted because only Sherman threw a better oop than Scoop.
Oh not throwing anyone under trust me. Just commenting an alley oop there jimmy would have lost it.

In the first half Kadary was only ok. In the last ten minutes he played a lot faster and much more aggressive. At times, Kadary plays in slow motion. He has to attack. Better ball movement allows him to drive off better angles. If the offense is just standing around he’s less effective, as well as the rest of the team

Agree 100%.

But Kadary has to play.

And agree about the Sherman comparison -- not that he's on that level, but he sees the floor and understands the game like an actual lead guard. Very cerebral. He's kind of like Ennis, but with a frame closer to MCW.

Agree 1000%.

Kadary has to play - Buddy and Joe have run hot or cold at various points, and neither can offset the cold with what else they do on the court with the other one along side them. Play the hot hand and let's get going.

Boeheim doesn't like to talk about Buddy when he plays poorly or when he plays well. I can only imagine how Buddy would look if we had a typical Syracuse team with bookend NBA-type forwards and a creative point guard.

He would have alley-ooped it earlier in the year. It was a heady play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom